Question about late ovulation and failed clomid

Lara_M

Reaction score
So - clomid hasn't worked for me this month (first round, 50mg) :shakehead:

Gutted. Follicles yesterday were still at 8mm and some of you will remember thats the same as it was a week ago. No leading follicle. Dammit!!

My normal cycle length is anything between 6 weeks and 8 weeks long.

Can I still ovulate? And do you know what the deal is with later ovulation? Does it somehow make a rubbish egg if it comes late?

x x x

Hey hun x

My cycles were also between 35 - 70 days long :( I got told that i wasnt ovulating.. but... I must of been ovulating as that was the month i caught x

And that was from my blood test results i also have pcos and i have endometreosis too so i dont think the doctors know they tested me on day 21 of my cycle and it said i haddnt ovulated so i must of had a really late ovulation maybe around day 35 of my cycle i ovulated and i have carried the baby still to this day currrently just over 13 weeks x

So i am sure your egg wouldn't be bad and that you could still get pregnant yes x

If you want to pm me feel free and i can try explain better xx

Last edited:
Aw, i'm so sorry for you Lara :hug:

What is the procedure when this happens? Do they just send you on your way and tell you to wait for your period?

Honestly, i have no idea if you'll ovulate or not this cycle. If there had been even the slightest increase in follicle size than i'd think that maybe there is a small chance you'd still ovulate, even if it took a while to happen.

You should be able to tell when you do finally get a bleed. If it's a decent one, then you probably did ovulate and if it's just a smudge then you probably didn't - not much help i guess.

Later ovulation won't hinder the egg quality, unless the egg fully matures and then fails to release properly in which case it might already be "dead" when it does finally get out.

Last edited:
Kylie and Louise this is super helpful thanks! I dont think there was any movement from last weeks scan apart from I have increased my uterine lining, so thats something I guess.

So good to hear that someone else ovulates late and still has a lovely baby in their tummy right now!!

Maybe I will get an egg this month but I will just have to wait a little longer for it!

I wish we could somehow see everyday what was happening to the follicles! I paid for a private tracking scan last week and I would have one every week if I could afford it! At least then I would know if I have a decent egg.

x x

Kylie and Louise this is super helpful thanks! I dont think there was any movement from last weeks scan apart from I have increased my uterine lining, so thats something I guess.

So good to hear that someone else ovulates late and still has a lovely baby in their tummy right now!!

Maybe I will get an egg this month but I will just have to wait a little longer for it!

I wish we could somehow see everyday what was happening to the follicles! I paid for a private tracking scan last week and I would have one every week if I could afford it! At least then I would know if I have a decent egg.

x x

I know how hard it is to hear all the bad news :( everytime i went to the gynecologist i seemed to leave with bad news x

But thats the honest truth i went to discuss my blood test results and she was like im sorry but it shows that you arent ovulating i sat and cried :(

I also cried all that day and night and i diddnt even realise i was already about 4 weeks pregnant x

So if my results were took on day 21 and that showed i haddnt ovulated then it had to have been later than that definitly x

So honestly hun dont give up hope xx it will happen when you least expect it i am sure of it xx

Yes private is so expensive :( i had already started to save for ivf because i diddnt want to wait any longer x

Keep your chin up hun x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back