Can't get a positive result

Iona

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I "know" I'm pregnant but want to get a nice clear test result before i phone the midwife. I have done countless tests, with only one of them having a discernible (yet very faint) line in the test box.
I've tried several brands including ClearBlue Digital. The positive was using Predictor, and the same brand has given negatives since.
As one of my symptoms, I am peeing ALL the time - could this be stopping me from getting a clear result?
:wall2:

Starting to feel like it's all in my head!

Hey, when is period due? x could be your hcg level is to low to show out on test yet.. Some test give resultat easier as they can detect lower HCG level than other tests.. Preditctior is one of them..
You cant get a fake positive ( if it was a clear faint line or with colours not ep line) but you can get fake negatives...

Good luck xx

Hi and congratulations!

It may be that your urine isnt concentrated enough to pick up a good enough result. Have to tried with first morning urine? I think generally a gap of about 4 hours between peeing is sufficient to show a good line but that also depends on how far along you are ie how late is your period?

Im sure as the days go along it will get stronger and you will have your BFP!!! xxx

Go to ur docs and get a blood test done...some ppl never get a positive home pregnancy test x

Thanks guys.
My period was due about 9 days ago. Been nautious for about 11 days!

Have almost always used first morning urine but have been waking up early needing to pee.

I'm going to do another test tomorrow i think and get a docs appointment if still faint or neg.

Good luck Im sure it will just because as its early days....xx

As long as your aren't drinking anything since when you go to sleep until you test, then it doesn't really matter how often you've been to pee.

It's a bit of a weird situation - i know some poeple don't test positive until later, but 9 days past is pretty extreme.

I think that if i was in your situation, instead of phoning the midwife i'd phone your GP and ask for a blood test.

Fingers crossed!

I got a false positive on a Predictor! :( might have just been a fluke mind
x

Iona - please keep us posted as this is an unusual situation and something we all feel we go through at times so would love to know the outcome of your doc/midwife visit, I can then maybe stear clear of certain brands. Congrats by the way xxx

Thanks everyone for your imput. I actually managed to see a doctro today. He was a bit patronising but basiccally said that I probably am pregnant but that it is early days. He said to wait a week to take another test then they would consider a blood test after that. He also looked at my Predictor test with the faaint pink line and said he would say it was a negative, so make of that what you will!

Oh and sorry for the dodgy typing! Using my phone rather than computer :)

Hmmm... he saw a faint pink line and decided it's probably negative?

That's a new one for me lol

He probably feels it is better for you to presume negative than positive taking everything into consideration, which i think i'd agree. If you're right you'll know soon enough ;)

Best of luck to you xx

Hi,

I am going through the same thing, pregnancy symptoms and negative tests and also the only one that i got what looked like a positive ( there was defo a line there) was the predictor test.

I have tried clear blue, first response and some cheap ones from ebay, i keep thinking i see a line on some of them but think it could be my eyes decieving me, maybe the predictor gives v bad evap lines? altho mine was definetly in the time limit. strange!

Keep us informed, lots of babydust to us both :)

Hi Laura, I guess we both just have to wait it out. I'm fairly sure it's not an evap line on the Predictor- like you said, it was in the time limit and mine was definitely a pink line too, whereas an evap line is grey. It's frustrating not knowing though, isn't it?

We are defo in the same boat, negative on all of em except predictor? how weird.

I will let you know what doc says on Fri, i just keep thinking if im not pregnant then there is definetly something else wrong :-(

Good luck both of you!!:)

Laura-madison..i thought i was pregnant a lil while ago, i hadnt had a period since may, and have only just got mine on friday. i was having symptoms but having BFN, even blood test, but was addiment i was preggers, i know its not really the same as u have had a BFP on one test, so best of luck to you and i hope its positive and not just late period.
Try not to think about it just incase :)

Fingers crossed x

:dust:

Laura,
I feel exactly the same. We only just started trying so really wasn't expecting to get pregnant so soon. I would not be devastated if not pregnant, but worry about what might be wrong. Please keep in touch xx

Hey,
so i think i am getting a very very faint line on some internet cheapie tests, i have done a few and am sure there is something there, i will try again in morn and get a picture on if i can ( if the photo will pick it up). May even buy a more expensive one tomorrow too.
Still got my doctors appointment in morn so we will see what happens :)

well went to docs today, about as useful as!!

She did a pregnancy test, dipped the strip in for literally half a second, held it in her hand for about a min, looked at it and said no its negative your definetly not pregnant, there is no point in doing a blood test cause if you were pregnant than it would show up on this test!

Then she suggested that it i am feeling this things because i need to take more exercise and maybe my boobs are swollen and sore because i used to breastfeed? so i went and joined a differents doctors surgery cause they are rubbish.

So got an appointment on wed at the new doctors surgery, hoping they will get me some tests done, not just for pregnancy but for other stuff too.

Im so mad, i wouldnt be feeling this way if there wasnt something wrong with me! if its not pregnancy then maybe its my blood count or a thyroid problem? but all the symptoms dont add up?

Hope you get more sucess than me when you go back to the docs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back