Pregnancy test sensitivity List

*** Bump***

(in fact can we get this thread as a sticky?)

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Tesco's own are fairly sensitive at 25ml. Anyway BUMP!!

Am I getting this right , the lower the mIU the sooner you'll get a result?

That is the theory however I know a lot of people find the one step cheapies 10miU very hard to read? IE the results can be quite shy / hard to know if it's def a BFP?

*BUMP* (wish the moderators would make this sticky)

you can get 25 one step ultra (10mui) for £1.99 from Amazon. Bargain!

the one step 10mui ones are not worth the money, total rubbish. The boots own brand too. I was negative with both of them the day I got my BFP with a FRER. I used FMU for the One Step and boots, then did the FRER on the 2nd pee of the day.

so dont always go by the "lower the number the earlier". I am now getting 3+ weeks on the digis and only just getting a decent line on the 10mui cheapie ones.

Does anyone know the sensitivity of Sainsbury's digital test? xx

Is it? I couldnt find information on the web abt it... tested with one today at 12DPO and got a BFN (not that I am expecting a BFP - no symptoms at all).

Strange the Asda ones are 15 and the clear blue digi with ovulation indicator are 25ml as i've had 2 bfn with the asda and a bfp with the clearblue digi

has anyone used the superdrug ones and how many dpo did you get a BFP? xx

got 3 faint positives on a superdrug test at 10dpo superdrugs are best they detect the lowest amount of hcg xx

hi ladies this morning i done a sainsburys pregnancy test and it came back with a 2nd faint line and i done another about 50mins ago and it came back negative? i my period was due the 1st of this month but i had the implant taken out around 3 weeks ago me and my partner have been having unprotected sex every night since i had it removed (sorry for the details lol) xx

I've just put in a post about me being confused. I've done the cbd with conception indicator on my AF due date and again today (4 days late) and both were negative.

Problem is I ovulated very late so IF I am pregnant would me no more than 6 days but still no sign of AF.

Do you think I should try a superdrug one?

I just did a superdrug one and got a very faint line. Did a clear blue one yesterday and it was negative. But still not convinced cause think I've tested too early and waiting for the hubby to come in and check :) superdrug ones r meant to be more sensitive aren't they. I don't know when I ovulated I've never tracked it. I just gave it a go. Good luck ladies xx

Last edited:
Hi im 27 and have to children who are 6 and 8 , I think the home brand tests are just as good as the higher priced test ie first response and if you test on the day ur periods due generally there pretty accurate but if u get a positive result and want to know more ie how far along you are then the digital test are worth buying once , we were trying to conceive for about a month now and i researched about witch test would detect a lower amount of hormone so I could find out a few days earlier this time so I brought these dip tests that the nhs hospitals use to test for very early pregnancy and detect 10ml off hormones , I also desided to buy these as first response even tho is I'm sure very good is expensive to keep buying a most ppl no if u test early u could still get a negative result and need to test again and if u dint get pregnant that month then u need to carry on trying and testing any way I also had a sainsburys test too now my expected period is 2 day I tested with the early test first thing in the morning 3 days ago witch was negative so I test again then next day with the early test and the sainsburys test to but still negative so I left it a day and most tests tell u to test again in ur expected period with is 2 day so I did the test first thing and it showed as negative so after around 6 mins of waiting as i had to wait for 10mins for test to fully work i was about to throw it away when I thought mite as well test with the sainsburys test and it was positive straight away clear as day then I immediately looked at the early pregnancy test to see a extremely faint line that I cud off easily missed so it goes to show how different tests work even tho the sainsburys test from wot I've found out tests for 15/20 ml of hormone I would have thought that the early pregnancy test that test for 10ml would have showed a more visible line than I got and a positive result earlyer than I got too but it does all depend on hormone levels at the time from experience this is my third pregnancy I've always used home brands and tend to test the day off my period and got a positive result straight away no waiting the time that I conceived but I know it can be different hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back