Pregnancy test sensitivity List

Hi can anyone help me.
Me and my partner have been trying to conceive and because I have polycystic ovary and he has a low sperm count we haven't had much luck.
But done a test last Friday and came up with 2 lines but one very faint so tryed agine 3times and all done the same, so we went to tesco on Saturday for a clear blue test that tells you how meany weeks you are and that came up negative. And because I have polycystic ovary I don't get periods that often. So my partner said why don't we get another test while we where uptown so went into saver and bought clear and simple test strip different brand from last Friday and came up the same agine two lines and one faint and also got a ovulation test and that came up negative. Why are most saying yes and the other saying no

I've taken 3 tests, and 1 doctors test they all come back two lines but ones faint also I've been feeling sick and the urge to throw up for about 2 weeks, I've missed my time of month also so boobs, tired and moody but the doctor wants to count my hormones as I feel confident in pregnant, well I have the symptoms but need an opinion of someone x

quick question...is a doctors test more reliable or more sensitive? what is everyones experiences please? xx

Boots tests are 25miu now, well, that's what the info leaflet says!

hi everyone!
Loved reading everyonesome posts and opinions and I've been wondering if anyone could help me.
I'm usually regular with my period, yeah maybe its a day or two late here and there but nothing much.
For the last 4 months me and my partner have been TTC. I'm 22, healthy and no children as of yet. Here's the interesting part... I'm 10 days late for my period. I've had cramping in my abdomen almost everyday for the last 12 days and sometimes lower back pain too. I'm bloated to the point where my jeans are too tight and I've had headaches and extreme fatigue. Also had the odd emotional spell of crying for a silly reason. But I've taken two negative clear blue tests in the last 4 days! If any of you have heard of the bleach test I did it and it produced me a positive results but I don't want to rely on that. My Dr's surgery is so busy I'll not get an appointment for weeks... advice please.

Thanks, b.

Going to the doctors is the only way you'll get answers.. I'd book it in, explain your situation they may get you in earlier - they always say they have no appointments but always hold some back.

I've never heard of the bleach test, whats that??? xx

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does anyone know how sensitive these are? (They're in Chinese instructions)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-20-Home-Early-Pregnancy-Test-Strips-5-Minute-Results-/181267387707?hash=item2a3460d53b:g:IpMAAOxyTjNSkFJ-

s-l500.jpg

Sensitivity question - clearblue digi VS clearblue non-digi ??

non-digi clearblue has given a BFP today (DPO 10) and the digi clearblue says "not pregnant"

Sensitivity question - clearblue digi VS clearblue non-digi ??

non-digi clearblue has given a BFP today (DPO 10) and the digi clearblue says "not pregnant"

Digi is less sensitive. Most sensitive is FRER and Superdrug though Superdrug are notorious for evap lines and also false positives after instructed time

I'm looking at Superdrug, is it their own brand that will be the better one to buy?

I've always bought batches of cheap strip tests off eBay- and always got my positives from 8/9days dpo.... there are plenty of uk based companies that send out same day.

Thank you I'll check that link now, Also where do I buy the FRER tests? X

I got my last lot in boots, 3 for £10 when they were on offer but usually they're the most reliable place to get them. It says online Asda and other places stock them but I've never been able to get them anywhere but boobs. If you have a home bargains their cheap tests 3 for 79p are what gave me my bfp initially then I used a frer xx

I got my last lot in boots, 3 for £10 when they were on offer but usually they're the most reliable place to get them. It says online Asda and other places stock them but I've never been able to get them anywhere but boobs. If you have a home bargains their cheap tests 3 for 79p are what gave me my bfp initially then I used a frer xx

this made me giggle. Autocorrect Boots for Boobs :rotfl:

Hi everyone,

I know for a fact the sensitivity of a couple of tests, as I was taking them at the same time as having my blood tested while I was miscarrying.

It took four weeks for my HCG to drop from 5 to 2, so it's not as if it was a quick drop and my urine HCG was just lagging behind my blood HCG.

When my blood HCG was 5, I was getting an extremely faint positive on BlueCross 10miu test strips.

When my blood HCG was 2, I was still getting a faint positive on FRER - could be missed at first glance, but even my doctor could see it when she looked.

So, FRER really is insanely sensitive.

FYI Superdrug ones I saw today are now20miu (it says on packet!) must have changed over the last year as with my previous pregnancies these were super strong

Does anyone know how sensitive an easy at home pregnancy test is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back