Can't believe I'm back:-)

Welcome over Mrs cw, we have lots of random rambling ls going on in here so feel free to scan through the other posts :) xx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Mrs CW:wave:
Welcome to the crazy thread where we talk about veeery random things. Anything to distract us from "THE WAIT" ;-) I've just seen your other thread. January isnt that far off and I really hope your OH comes round to the idea fully. Sorry about your mc. After 10weeks that must've been heartbreaking:-(
My pregnancy with DS was very smooth so when I fell pregnant with DD I was paranoid I'd loose the pregnancy. My SIL had recently mc'd and remembering my mum had lost 2 and my MIL 3 (obviously many years ago lol) I couldnt shake the thought that I was "due" a mc as they're so common. However, besides having Gestational Diabetes with her, the pregnancy went well. I didnt think we'd have any more so now that we've decided on a 3rd I cant stop thinking that surely I'll be "due" a mc next time. Even my hubby said the same even though I hadnt talked to him about it.
So this time round I'll be even more nervous I think. And to then loose it at 10 weeks I really feel for you:hugs:
xx

Thank you for the welcome. It's been a tough couple of months and everyone around me seems to be pregnant which is making it harder! January will be here soon though - if we didn't have a holiday booked I would want to start TTC now. Hopefully some chat in here will take my mind off TTC for a while x

So sorry mrs cw, I don't think I said I'm sorry about your mc. It is such a tough thing to go through and I can only imagine what a surprise pregnancy must have felt like to then lose it. With my chemical I thought there was a possiblity and tested positive before my period was due then af was 5 days late, so such a short time and yet I still think of the what if.

Babymaker it must be awful to think you must be due a mc :( but I can understand it. So many ladies I know have had a mc at some point through their journeys, my mum had a ruptured ectopic and had to rushed to theatre. Yet so many ladies I know haven't either and had 3 or 4 babies. I really think it is totally random, but I would be completely petrified like I have in all my pregnancies as I think it is natural to worry about the little life your planning into your future.

I'm desperately trying to keep my 3 year old awake after his first day back at nursery and I am failing lol Asleep in his dinner! XX

No need to apologise Kanga, I didn't notice. So many women I know have had an MC but I also know many women who have never experienced one. We had even had an early scan that showed a HB so it doesn't always work out even when you think it will. Even without an MC I would be worrying Babymaker and it must be awful to think you must be due one. My friend has advised me to take baby aspirin next time.
I hope you got him through his diner Kanga x

A thought of having MC is very, very scary and i think i enters every PG woman's mind DAILY... all we can do is remain positive x

I am sorry some of you girls went through this, can't imagine how difficult it must've been xx

Can I introduce another random topic: baby names! Do you girls have names picked already? Was it easy or difficult to choose for your other kids?

Our DD's name is Nina and it was one that both OH and I loved from the start.

This time if it is a girl I am thinking Maya or Elena and for a boy Adam or Samuel. Not sure what OH would say to any of them as we didn't realy talk about it. I knowhe would like Adam as this was pur choice for a boy before and we also agreed on it instantly x

Last edited:
My eldest we decided by going through baby name books separately and finding 1 we both like. My youngest has a slightly different name which we both saw in a magazine and fell in love with. My parents weren't keen on either. I love the name Nell for a girl, not sure if my hubby would like it though. For a boy I've no idea x

We had Harry from really early on and it is a family name on hubby's side. He wanted Harry to have James as a middle name and I said we had to keep it for if we had another boy, which obviously we did so he was easy to sort a name for, also a family name from hubby's side. Alfie I really struggled, I first suggested to hubby and the boys and they all fell in love and then I had doubts about it. I loved the name Charlie but hubby has an uncle called Charlie so said no so when we got 2 cats we used Charlie for the boy cat. I couldn't pick another boys name I liked though.

Girls names I have always struggled with. At one point I loved Jessica but without even knowing it my sister chose it for her daughter, spooky twin thing maybe! Then with Alfie I fell in love with Emma, I still love it but will probably look at more if we have another baby. Maybe Charlotte?

Khtw, Maya is a very pretty name and I haven't heard Nina for a little girl. Is it popular in Scotland? I like Samuel too, and would probably call them Sammy as a baby :love:
Nell is an unusual name but lovely, I would end up calling her Nella as a nickname xx

I like Nell! Nell for a big girl and Nelly for a baby, cute!
Emma was a name that crossed my mind a few times too.

Nina is not a common name at all. I used to watch this TV series where the main character's real name was Nina. I just fell in love with it. Luckily for me hubby loved it too. When we say her name to people they often go 'oh... like Nina Simone' haha.

Maya is another name from TV lol! Again, more common in the usa but that's another reason why i like it, unique ans short :)

I always loved the name Harry but we named our cat Harry so no chance we could use it now :(

Adam I alwaya loved and hubby does too. He is not too sure about Samuel... I love that you could call him Sam or Sammy for short!

Last edited:
I love the name Nina! We know a Maya and really like the name.
We can't use Harry as it's been used several times in our families already but it's a lovely name. I wanted Joshua for our first but my hubby said no. He doesn't like names that can be shortened but we've ended up with 2 names that I've managed to anyway.
Our youngest is Archer which gets quite a few comments x

Archer! This is the first time I hear this name and I love it! Such strong name for a boy!

I remember my mum commenting on the name Nina, she said something like 'Nina? This one is going to be a rocket', she meant bouncy/full of character... and oh my was she right! :D

:)Thank you, we love it.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend - the weather is a little crazy here. My eldest is starting club rugby tomorrow, I'm hoping the rain stops so he can actually enjoy the session :)

As always the weekend was WAY too short!!

How was the Rugby practice??

We didn't do much, had a play date on Saturday morning and chilled the rest of the day at home (Weather was soo bad!)
Sunday we went for lunch to granny and grandad's which meant no nap for the little monkey who then fell asleep at 4.30 on way home and when we woke her up at 6pm she was super miserable until bed time, we both went to bed at 8.30 lol

Last edited:
Hi everyone, mind if I join? The plan atm is to try for no2 in January. We are currently trying to move to a bigger house but it's taking forever. We sold back in April and still waiting for the chain to end. Providing it ends soon and we are in by Christmas then we will be back to baby making in January! Had a tough time with no1 so nervous but also excited! x

Hi Foxy, we're aiming to try for no3 in Jan. We have a big holiday booked for next year and need to be able to fly and enjoy the holiday! I hope the house sale starts moving soon! We decided to move when I was expecting DS2 - I'd tried to convince my hubby to earlier but it takes him a while. We ended up moving when he was 6 months old! X

Welcome Foxy!

Fingers crossed you will celebrate Xmass in your new home :)
We only moved once, right after we got married and god I am so not looking forward to having to move again!

We are planning to start TTC in November, this will be our 2nd. DD is turning 2 in October x

Last edited:
Hi Foxy! I think I remember you. Were you on the June 2016 board initially?
January is not too far off:) Hope you get settled in your new house soon.

So, if we were to ttc from October I would've had to get the coil out now. And I am sooo glad we've decided to wait. I'm just not ready to be pregnant yet and I'm glad DH is on board about waiting. I am still super broody but it seems my sensible side has taken over which is good. Also, I'm having some issues with what feels like cystitis all the time but I've had it checked and it isnt that. So i'm off to doc's on Friday. I'm pretty sure it's interstitial cystitis but we'll see what doc says. So that's another reason to wait - need to get this sorted as it's driving me mad!
Hope everyone is well. xx

Thanks ladies :)

KHTW, the move atm is a nightmare. I can't believe how long it's taking for the chain to end. It was complete for two weeks but someone pulled out last Monday so, we are back to waiting.

Mrs CW, I hope you enjoy your holiday. Where you off to?

Babymaker, I was on here a couple of years ago, mostly lurking tbh lol and I was in May 2016 birth group for about a week before I lost it.
A sensible side is good! Mine has taken over as well. We had a little slip last month and I thought I had got pregnant again and that made us realise that we need to wait until we move. Mainly so we know our money situation but also because our lb is only 13 months so, he's still quite a handful haha. I hope your docs app goes well and you get some answers.

Xx

I hope you feel better soon BabyMaker! It's horrible feeling unwell! A sensible head is a good one to have.
I've recently had to change contraceptive and I'm currently experiencing nausea, sore boobs and pain and twinges in my pelvis. Not a good feeling when you're wtt - it seems to happen every time I change contraceptive (I've not changed that often but the times I have always stand out!)
We're off to Dubai next year Foxy. It looks amazing and everything we want from a family holiday and wasn't as expensive as people think. I hope the end of the chain for the house move appears quickly! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back