Can't believe I'm back:-)

BabyMaker

Reaction score
Hi ladies, How's everyone finding "the wait"? Before TTC our DD I found it the longest wait in the world!
We've been on the fence whether to go for a 3rd but today we finally decided that we definitely want another:dance:
Now all we need to figure out is when to start TTC. Unsure whether to go for it in October/Nov and have a 2 yr age gap or wait till Spring/summer next year and have a 2.5-3 yr age gap. We're going to see how we feel later this year. If my DH was to choose he'd start TTC now! Which is crazy seeing that about 10 years ago he didnt want any children and we almost split up. Funny how these things can change once you become a parent. Anyway, I'm waffling now. Very excited to be officially back in the WTT board and cant wait to move over to TTC. But for now I need to be sensible and wait;-)
Hope you're all well.
xx

Last edited:
Good luck, how exciting.

I'm waiting again... but this time it has been put back even further.

We had decided we weren't going to try as I have picked up my university course through open uni again. But we had a bit of a scare this period... and well, neither of us were that scared, so we talked it through and have said how actually we would be quite happy if it happened. But we are going to try and be sensible and not try until a time when due date would fit in with me just started a new unit rather then when I have a final exam due. (although we have discussed it and obviously if we did get pregnant before then we would deal with it)

Exciting! Good luck!

We are waiting until October so we get min 2.5 years gap between baby 2 and DD but hopefully it will be more like 3 years lol

Waiting sucks tho and I can't wait to move over to TTC! x

Donna, I think I remember you! Were you also WTT a couple of years ago? You were waiting till after the wedding and then for the depo to leave your system, right? You must be the most patient person in the world! Good luck with your studies. What are you studying?
Yes KHTW, the waiting sucks! Time suddenly seems to drag... ;-) I think I remember you from when I was lurking on the WTT board and you were either in TTC or maybe one of the due boards. It's so nice to see familiar names.
xx

Yes that's me.

My periods still aren't quite regular after coming off the depo (yes two years ago now) so it's probably not a bad thing that we've had to put trying back again as it would drive me crazy if we were trying and then I was having them all over the place. This time it's it though. Trying to tell myself that it's only 5 months away (plus as we're starting beginning of December its kind of like a new year thing) I'm studying maths.

Do you think you'll be going more for Oct/Nov then? Waiting is a nightmare.

Aww I remember when you had your countdown to getting married! Doesnt seem that long ago, yet it's almost 2 years! Time does seem to fly if you look back - looking forward it drags;-)

I'm not sure when to TTC. Ultimately I might not have a choice, of course, if nature decides otherwise.
I'm not sure I can do the whole double buggy, 2 in nappies, and a toddler with terrible 2s tantrums + a newborn. But then again, the 2 yr age gap would eventually be lovely for them.
As for 3yr age gap it means waiting longer to TTC, my OH would be 40 when we start, and I worry he'll change his mind by then. But at the same time it would so nice to have a 2.5-3yr old who would be more clued up what's going on re the pregnancy and waiting for a new baby which I think would be nice. Also, she would've started preschool by then which would mean I could have some 1 to 1 with the newborn.
So I think we'll wait until Aug/Sept and see how we feel then.
x

There is so much that can change in a couple of months isn't there, part of me thinks hmmm maybe we should just go for it. I have the same worry as you about other half changing his mind. He's already worried about child care costs, I just tell him it's something you have to deal with for a few years, everyone does.

If nature dictates otherwise, I wouldn't be gutted if we fell pregnant earlier (far from it) and neither would my husband. But having a baby closer to the start of a new unit for me as opposed to nearer the end of one makes a lot more sense. Even from a petty point of view the fact that I wouldn't be as busy at the point of having the baby and that when I had my exams I'd be either back at work or almost back at work so baby could go into nursery just makes more sense.

5 months seems like such a long time (or 6 periods as I am actually counting it down as)

Pretty sure I'm ovulating this month as well (others I haven't been so sure) as I have just had a load of EWCM on CD10. Typical that we're back on the waiting game.

Donna, I say go for it :D But honestly, I get the feeling you really don't want to wait 5 months xx

If I wasn't booked to travel alone with my DD end of September I would start TTC now but I know myself and if I got pregnant and had to take this trip I would stress so much!! x

Last edited:
Probably too late to try this month now, I've had a terrible allergic reaction and all my forehead and eyes have swollen, so not the sexiest look for OH haha.

I think we're probably at the point now where we're not trying not preventing though to be honest. :D I'm really not very strong willed on this, so it's more down to my husband if he wants to be sensible and wait until it would fit in better with uni (but let's face it, if you look at it like that you'd never try... as there's always something that will come up)

We have a cruise booked in August, I'm glad we're finally past the point where we don't have to worry about if I'm pregnant for that (we had a couple of times earlier in the year that we were both like, lets just go for it... but then we would lose a ridiculous amount of money as we wouldn't have been allowed on the ship)

Hi Ladies!

How are we all feeling?

I started tracking my periods last month so waiting for AF to arrive this weeks so that my app tracker starts recording cycle length, this was very handy last time.

Also been taking 7seas pre-pregnancy vitamins since last month.

Not done much about exercising tho... I have no motivation at all!! :(

3 month left until we start TTC! :dance:

Last edited:
I haven't started on the vitamins yet, I should do really... although we have decided to wait until at least November to try for definite as I don't want to be due around the time of my exams or have a very young baby around that time either.

I've been exercising but hoping to lose over a stone before we start trying, so I need to do something as have an all inclusive holiday booked soon, so can imagine coming back from that quite a bit heavier than I am now... so I'd rather lose it now, gain and then lose again haha

3 months will fly by :) x

3 months will so fly by... and so will 4!!!

Where are you guys going? No holiday for me this year meh :/

Yeah exercising sucks... I am really not a fan. I am taking my toddler swimming twice a week and that 1 hr in the pool each time, chasing after a water-crazy 2 year old is enough for me :D Hubby threatens to bin my exercise bike as it serves mostly as a clothes hanger lol!

Last edited:
Hiya! Eek it's July and one month closer to TTC. Still undecided when but still, we're one month further in the year;-)
I've also started tracking my cycles on an app. I mainly do this so I can go on Due Date Calculators online and see when the baby would be born if I conceived a specific month... Just say it ladies; I'm crazy:rofl:
xx

Where are you going on holiday Donna? KHTW I've just realised that your little lady and my little man were both born on 9th October:) just 4 years apart.
xx

BabyMaker, if you are crazy then I am too! Already went on due date calculator and Chinese gender prediction calendar :oooo:

Oh yes! 9th October! Aww I still remember that day like it was yesterday :love:

Haha yup I've done the due date calculators too, so we're all crazy ;)

We're going on a cruise to Norway and Iceland. I can't wait. Although no idea what I need to pack. It's our first ever cruise and I'm already planning the next one (although that won't be until baby is older if we manage to get pregnant as won't be able to afford it) but I'd love to do Italy as a cruise.

Yay I'm glad I'm not the only one. If we all do it then it must be the norm;-)
KHTW, the Chinese prediction said girl for my DS and boy for my DD so I'm not convinced...:lol: but good fun to guess.
Donna, that cruise sounds amazing!
xx

It was correct for my first. Yeah but that's all it was - good fun. I did all available kinds of prediction and testing and now when I think about it all of them pointed to a girl!

According to Chinese prediction we have about 80% chance of conceiving a girl again :D Good thing we have a male cat at home, otherwise OH might be protesting. Although... the cat is neutered so technically it doesn't count lol :D

It be nice to have one each but with all honesty we don't mind.

Ps. Any of you ladies take 7seas preconception vits? This is my first month on it and I was fine but I am now due my period and I feel rubbish... light nausea, headache, cramping. And I usually get NO symptoms before period. Do you think it may be because of the pills? (I am defo not pregnant) x

It could be, I was on them before and I personally was fine on them but I have heard different people responding differently to them. This time round I'm just going to take my folic acid, I'm doing slimming world so hopefully getting everything else in the tonne's of fruit and veg I'm eating

I've also changed our trying date, only by a month, but 4 months instead of 5 sounds a lot better :) Bring on November, lets see if we can actually wait that long.

I don't think we're going to take any precautions on the cruise with us either, so if we're very lucky it might not even come to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back