Can I have some honest opinions ?

tinytoes

Reaction score
I'm starting driving lessons in the next week or so , they will be off road for the first two lessons so Im not concerned about that but I have to do a mimimum of 12 by law before I can apply for my licence of think about buying my own car . Now what I am wondering is at what stag do you ladies think I need to stop lessons befor baby is born ? Or am I crazy to be having them at all right now ?

i dont see why you shouldnt go for it unless your bump gets in the way :)

Pregnant ladies learning to drive always reminds me of a funny story my Aunt told me ... she was 8 months pregnant with my Cousin (who's now 34) and she couldn't even take the test because the seat belt wouldn't fit round her bump!!

I need to learn to drive but i'm waiting until baby is here to start. Having said that theres no reason why you can't start now :) x

My friend took lessons right up until she was 37 weeks, not sure if it was her choice to stop though, you know yourself hun.. My SIL was very stressed from it so she stopped, but she wasn't very confident, good luck x x

No reason not to go for it! im pretty short though and im going to have to stop driving soon, my bump is nearly touching the wheel because i need the chair as close up as i can get it to reach the peddles! x

Don't see any reason why not. I'm 37 weeks on Saturday and I still have lots of room between my bump and steering wheel. Xx

Im waiting until after the baby for my final few lessons befopre my test because i think id be egdy on the road now thinking of the baby, but if you feel ok about it i dont see why you cant x

If you feel comfortable I say go for it. There is no reason not to. I'm still driving around absolutely fine. xx

Appreciate the input so much girls :hugs: , I think what I will do is go for the first one next week anyway(its off road around the driving school) and if im happy with how it went see how I feel from week to week , i dont want to stress me or bubs out , but i'm very eager to get on the road as we have just moved into a sort of remote area:roll:

I'd go for it! I'm only 5'1 and have to have my seat right in and I was driving right up to the end! And I was huge!

Yep I'm still driving although I admit that my bump is getting in the way just a little:lol:

I'd say go for it hun:dance:

I'm still learning to drive to I had to stop though at 36 weeks as my bump got to big and would rub on the steering wheel. I was meant to be taking my test this week so was a bit upset to have to stop as I have been learning for so long and really wanted to be passed before baby.just for me wasn't worth it as I rested on the steering wheel all I need was to have to stop quickly. But can soon pick it back up after baby and hopefully still be able to do test to pass this year. I'm 25 now and feel embarressed that I can't drive. But hopefully will get there soon! Good luck to you hun xx

I'm really excited about the idea im 23 and its about time , cant be relying on my dad for lifts when I have two kiddies !

Good luck with the lessons :) definitely go for it, as long as it doesn't stress you out then all should be good :)

Go for it hun :) Goodluck!! It's a great thing to have :)

I'm 5'1 and I have to have the seat right forward and up to reach the pedals.. but now the wheels sitting on my bump lol! So don't think I'll be managing for too much longer :lol:

xxx

GO FOR IT!! I've my test booked for 10th June & I'll be around 33wks when I take it :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back