Bugaboo - Thoughts please

FirstBabyEek

Reaction score
Hello ladies

We're thinking of purchasing a Bugaboo, but I'm not entirely sure a) which system to go for and b) if they are actually worth the extra money.

If we were to go for one I think I'd be tempted to go for a birth to 3 years old system or a 3 in 1 travel system, but am at a loss to understand the difference between them all - they seem so similar.

Does anyone have one or looked at them closely? Are they really worth the money or is it just a fashion statement? ideas on pros and cons would also be really useful.

Thanks xxx

I have the cameleon. It is awesome and I love it lots!!! :love:

Versatile, easy to use, easy to assemble. Good for all terrain. Manoeuvrable. Pretty..... X

I love my cameleon.The downside is basket is not easy to get into when in carrycot mode. You can always get second hand one much cheaper too

We had it down to the bugaboo chamelion and the icandy cherry, we did go for the cherry but I think that the bugaboo is worth the money as it looks great and is a lot lighter and easier to push than most of the other ones that we tried!!
xxx

I looked at it and liked it and hubby espdcily liked the look of the carrycot but it's not the one for us as I want an old fashioned looking one with the big wheels and shopping basket. I think we're going for the mamas and papas ultima. I also saw the iCandy but didn't like it at all. Best thing is go in a shop somewhere like John Lewis and push them around and have a really close look. Everyone likes different things

Thanks ladies, does anyone know the difference between the frog and the chameleon? Xx

I've got the chameleon and it's brill now 4 years old and still going strong, I had it in bright pink for my daughter then changed all the covers when I had my little boy so it was really worth the money for us.

I love it that much on Friday my bugaboo donkey is getting delivered as there will only be 18 months between my little boy and this baby I didn't even think about it I knew after my chameleon I had to have it

Ive nevr had one but think they are stunning prams!

Lanny I so wanted to the bugaboo donkey but the doors on my flat are way to narrow so getting the iCandy each blossom instead! The donkey is a Beaut though :)

The bugaboo chameleon was my second choice.

OH really wanted a 3 wheel all terrain pushchair so we went for the iCandy peach jogger instead. I would have been perfectly happy with the bugaboo though.

It has loads of nifty features on it.

I'm inheriting a bugaboo cameleon off a work colleague and have heard nothing but good stuff about them. When my cousin (who worked in quite a high end independent baby store for 3 years) heard we were getting this he was in raptures saying it was the Rolls Royce of the buggy world and fetch a fortune even 2nd hand!! Can't wait to get my hands on it now. Might treat myself to new covers seeing as I'm not having to buy the whole thing new!

Hi Hun definitely go into a shop that sells all the ones you like, I was torn between the stokke, icandy peach and the bugaboo but the stokke won hands down when I played with them all x x

Lanny can u be cheeky an ask where you found your donkey from as I'm having some trouble trying to find one to go and look at as I'm sure that's what we want but want a test drive first!!! Also how small is it when folded?

Luckily my local little pram shop has one in store, so I could go down and have a play. It is still big when folded but I think you will prob get that with any double as I don't drive mine will be staying up 90% of the time.

I've measured and it should fit through my front door, my chameleon is 60cm wide and the donkey it 74cm hard to believe.

The biggest selling point for me was how easy it is to turn in into a single, it will be really useful, when o/h is off work I can take the baby to get weighted etc and don't need to take the toddler along too, or take the toddler to a playgroup and leave baby with daddy.

And you know you can always sell if for a good price, I'm getting mine customised o/h will kill me I haven't told him yet lol

I was toying between the Bugaboo Donkey, Silvercross Surf and the iCandy Peach.... Hubby went for the iCandy Peach Jogger and I love it too x

Sorry for the questions Lanny I know the seat units are seperate but I only have a 106 so need to get at least te frame in the boot! I liked the feature of it being a single too!ive seen them around but just never been close enough to ask where they got it from!we have a pram shop that has a wide range but not sure about the donkey were going to go down in a few wks to find out!

Im sure all the big stores like john Lewis etc have them but we don't have one near us so I was very happy when the little pram shop near by had one in I didn't think they would.

I have a Cameleon and I love it :)

I got mine second hand off eBay for £295 with all the bits! I bought some new fabric sets and it is honestly like its brand new! It has obviously hardly been used by the family I bought it off! You can get some great bargains :)

We've ordered the limited edition bugaboo chameleon!!Can't wait to get my mits on it!!!
We was torn between

Silver cross surf
Candy peach and bugaboo

But after looking for a while we noticed virtually everybody had the icandy and I wanted a pram that wasn't as common if that makes sense??
The silver cross surf I went off as the carry cot was extra cost. Although it was designed from birth without the carry cot itdidnt look that comfortable for a newborn? X

I love it that you can change the colours and pimp it up! I have Paul Frank limited edition fabrics and footmuff and i had so many compliments on it! Looks very funky

sent from my Galaxy s2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back