Bugaboo

Kerrykins

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the Bugaboo Donkey?

OH and I had decided on the City Mini Jogger double but then started looking on line at the Bugaboo Donkey - perfect for twins. He said that we should go along to a stockist and have a look at it but I said that was a bad idea because I knew I would fall in love with it and we couldn't afford it (around £1200!!!!!).

Anyway, we ended up going to John Lewis on Tuesday evening and of course I fell in love with it. To my surprise when we left he didn't say "it's great, shame we can't have it" but said that his parents were going to pay for the City Mini so that's £360.00 taken care of and that if we sell all the junk in the spare room or at least make a dent in it all that money could go towards it so we could go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also got a small bonus coming this pay day of around £180.00 after tax so I can put that towards it.

I'm just trying to be sensible now and see if anyone has used one and if there are any down points that I should know about?

I'ts obviously a lot of money to spend so I really want to be for-armed - kinda hoping it's rubbish really so we can save £1200!!!!!!! But then - it is fab.

Oh please help, is this just a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a pram/pushchair?

i'm getting the bugaboo cameleon and love the bugaboos. i'm still considering the icandy peach. have you looked at the icandy pear? love those too :) xx

I'm getting the bugaboo cameleon as well :cheer: never heard anyone say owt bad about them :)

We love the Bugaboo Donkey, we had that pram in our sights while we were TTC! still early days for us but we have been to john lewis and had a little push around and play with it!
It is so much money to spend but as its such a new pram i havnt heard of any faults with it :)

if its the pram you want and its do-able then i think go for it if you can, all being nothing bad pops up review wise with it! :)

Thanks Positivity - I haven't looked at the Icandy's so think I better had before making any firm decisions.

See Princess, they are just amazing aren't they! Won't make the decision yet but really do think I know which way it will go.........

Cheers Katietateypot (love the name btw), it is easy to push around etc isn't it. Pretty big but I was amazed how small it actually could be folded down to.

Also, the £1200 does include the cots and then the pushchair bits for it so it will last a long time.

And......as the salesman said (because we always believe those don't we - tee hee), used ones are on Ebay for about half the price - so really we are only talking about £600.00 cos we could get £600.00 back when we're finished with it..............I really am grasping at straws now aren't I.........ha ha ha

its a good point about reselling. my friend bought her icandy peach with all the accessories for about £850 and has just sold it two years later for £450!!

xx

We have a Bugaboo Cameleon for this little one, but I bought it second hand from EBay. I got an absolute bargain - £295 with everything included also the Bugaboo Travel bag too. It's immaculate, looks like it's hardly been used! So I bought some new fabric sets so I can change the colour depending on my mood!

I had an iCandy Apple with my daughter, got a good deal anyway at the time in 2007 it cost me £399 Inc the car seat, then demand went right up for them and I sold it 3 years later for £300! I prob could of got more but I sold it in 48 hours on Gumtree!! It will def sell well once your finished with it xxx

We have a Bugaboo Cameleon for this little one, but I bought it second hand from EBay. I got an absolute bargain - £295 with everything included also the Bugaboo Travel bag too. It's immaculate, looks like it's hardly been used! So I bought some new fabric sets so I can change the colour depending on my mood!

I had an iCandy Apple with my daughter, got a good deal anyway at the time in 2007 it cost me £399 Inc the car seat, then demand went right up for them and I sold it 3 years later for £300! I prob could of got more but I sold it in 48 hours on Gumtree!! It will def sell well once your finished with it xxx

oooh laura, which do you prefer, the bugaboo or the icandy and why? xx

I loved the iCandy but tbh I found it bulky and heavy, although they have improved the chassis since I had mine but I tried one out for this babba and I just found it too much. I find the Bugaboo much easier to manoeuvre! I can push the Bugaboo one handed - couldnt with my iCandy. Useful especially for me when I have another child in tow!

I used my lightweight stroller the most, it's nice having a pram with carrycot in the early days but it really doesn't last long - I think the Bugaboo will get much more use than my iCandy did.

The way I see it is - if you walk everywhere and need a good solid pram then go for something like an iCandy, the Apple pushchair seat is very roomy so lasts forever! If you will use you car to get around most places go for something lighter and more compact like the iCandy Cherry. I didn't fall in love with the Cherry though, but it is very light.

The Bugaboo seems lighter that the ICandy Apple to me xxx

I loved the iCandy but tbh I found it bulky and heavy, although they have improved the chassis since I had mine but I tried one out for this babba and I just found it too much. I find the Bugaboo much easier to manoeuvre! I can push the Bugaboo one handed - couldnt with my iCandy. Useful especially for me when I have another child in tow!

I used my lightweight stroller the most, it's nice having a pram with carrycot in the early days but it really doesn't last long - I think the Bugaboo will get much more use than my iCandy did.

The way I see it is - if you walk everywhere and need a good solid pram then go for something like an iCandy, the Apple pushchair seat is very roomy so lasts forever! If you will use you car to get around most places go for something lighter and more compact like the iCandy Cherry. I didn't fall in love with the Cherry though, but it is very light.

The Bugaboo seems lighter that the ICandy Apple to me xxx

that's really useful thank you. i'm considering the peach at the moment because i think the icandys look better than the bugaboos and also where i live and work every baby is in a bugaboo but that makes me think they must be very good!? x

No matter how much you try a pram in the shops you will never really know if it fit your lifestyle until you start using it really. I managed with the iCandy and I had a really small boot in the car at the time but I just made do. Grace was always very comfy in it and that was the main thing for me. The Peach looks a little smaller and lighter than the Apple, I was tempted to order the iCandy Strawberry which isn't due out until the end of this month but I thought if it got delayed it would be cutting things a bit fine for baby's arrival! X

Thanks for the info everyone. Think I will definitely have a look into the Icandy ones too now - the more information I have the better really..........

No matter how much you try a pram in the shops you will never really know if it fit your lifestyle until you start using it really. I managed with the iCandy and I had a really small boot in the car at the time but I just made do. Grace was always very comfy in it and that was the main thing for me. The Peach looks a little smaller and lighter than the Apple, I was tempted to order the iCandy Strawberry which isn't due out until the end of this month but I thought if it got delayed it would be cutting things a bit fine for baby's arrival! X

I want the strawberry too :) but the on sale date keeps changing so I'm holding out until mid November the latest and if it's not out I'l get the bugaboo I think. The strawberry is lovely and at the same time they are bringing out the icandy peach 3 wheeler. :)

Pos I have seen people stuggling quite a lot with 3 wheelers when mid-way going down a kerb, they look like they could topple whilst the back two wheels are still mid air so just bare that in mind x

Yeah I agree from experience, after having a 3 wheeler I decided that I had to have a 4 wheeler this time around. I never had a problem with it toppling over it just was frustrating to push at times, def couldn't do it one handed x

I've got a bugaboo cam and it's the best pram I've eva had and I've had a few lol

I'm get the donkey no matter what sell my body if I have to lol

I've told o/h if I get nowt else I neeeeed this, herbie will be 18 months when baby is born and i love the fact I can have a pram top and a buggy top together but the best thing about it for be is the fact I can just push it together to turn it into a single buggy what I really need if i take one out on there own xxx

Thanks ladies, ur advice is noted! Princess what colour chameleon are u going for? Xx

I think just the black one :) x

Last edited:
I had pink for my girl and orange for my boy, and then got customs done at snunkie.co.uk I'm going to get my donkey done too everybody stops me in the street thinking I've got some special edition bugaboo lol

And you can get covers for the bar that got over the carry cot with taggies on for the baby's to look at there call bump a loops, can you tell I love my bugaboo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back