Second hand pushchair

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I've just got a second hand Graco pushchair from our ex neighbour, it's cream and olive green with little lions on it. It was grubby and a bit scratched but it cleaning up lovely. I'm still getting my travel system but I decided that for £17.50 it will save me lots of money and stress. (My travel system is sand coloured and my FIL has a really bad habit of getting oil everywhere)
Am planning on using it purely for grandparents, it's lightweight and sturdy with a nice high handle and will save me taking the travel system just to go and see the inlaws.
Has anyone else done this? I feel a bit greedy lol but really don't want my travel system ruined within the first month of use xxxxxxxx

We are getting my nieces mamma and pappas travel system, with the car seat base and everything. Looks like new and saves us a couple of hundred £s. who can say no to that? What you're doing makes perfect sense to me. We have been given a couple of things twice so using them to keep at the parents. X

not greedy, i would say sensible :) what a bargain too. xx

I got odhrans first and second pram new but the one I have now is second hand, tbh I don't know why I didn't look at second hand sooner, as long as it's in gd condition I don't see anything wrong with it xx

I checked and double checked the 5 point harness, brakes and and catches and stuff, threw it around a bit lol and it took the punishment well. Just waiting for all the fabric bits to dry after washing.

Feels very weird to own a pushchair :oooo:

aww i bet :) i still dont own anything for baby! someday soon though.

sounds like you put it through its paces and it passed with flying colours :) xxx

I've bought so much stuff for other people's babies, never thought I'd do it for my own.....very bizarre. Beware though....it's highly addictive. After I bought the bunny slippers I thought that would be it til at least 20 weeks. WRONG!!!!! :)

Oh I have in total 3 prams/pushchairs two given to me one I brought. I was given loads of stuff reallt grateful for it as they grow so fast.

Now I only use one really my Pram is sat there is a big bulky thing so I barely take it out unless I'm doing a big shop as it has a bsaket tray underneath x I mainly use my stroller pushchair for bussing it to my mums etc x the other one I gave to my MIL to chuck but she kept it I have no idea why. She brought her own too its mad x

I've bought so much stuff for other people's babies, never thought I'd do it for my own.....very bizarre. Beware though....it's highly addictive. After I bought the bunny slippers I thought that would be it til at least 20 weeks. WRONG!!!!! :)

haha i bet, once i start i will prob go mad buying stuff. xx

haha i bet, once i start i will prob go mad buying stuff. xx

Practicality goes right out the window too lmao xxxxxxxx

Sounds sensible to me. Like you Babybrain I've bought so many things for other peoples babies it seems very weird that in a few months I'll be looking for my baby. Obviously it'll be quite a while until I think about what I want as I'm so early on, but I had a wander round Asda yesterday and had an ahhh moment over the baby clothes xxx

Sounds sensible to me. Like you Babybrain I've bought so many things for other peoples babies it seems very weird that in a few months I'll be looking for my baby. Obviously it'll be quite a while until I think about what I want as I'm so early on, but I had a wander round Asda yesterday and had an ahhh moment over the baby clothes xxx

Tbh I am really pleased I'll have the January sales to hopefully get the bigger stuff in (and hope to God we have our own place by then and a nursery). I'm saving for a sleigh cot bed but still don't know if I'll manage it....we shall see what the sales bring lol xxxxxxxxx

Ah yes the January sales, I'll have had my 12 scan and as long as everything's going ok, I really don't think there'll be any stopping me, my mum or my MIL in the sales!! The sleigh cots are gorgeous, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any bargains for you xxx

Ah yes the January sales, I'll have had my 12 scan and as long as everything's going ok, I really don't think there'll be any stopping me, my mum or my MIL in the sales!! The sleigh cots are gorgeous, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any bargains for you xxx

Thanks hunny. OH does removals (only for mega rich people though lol) so his eyes are constantly peeled. You wouldn't believe what some people throw out :shock: xxxxxxxxx

I've never considered second hand until now. There are so many bargains to be had. I think it sounds fab. We are looking at second hand cot beds. I saw a quinny pushchair for £30 and thought it would be a good second one to have, but the seller didn't contact me back. As long as it's in good nick, why not? :) xx

As long as its in good condition, which it sounds with you putting it through its paces I'm sure everything is fine. I also like the sleigh cots, but also want a cot with a changer top which you can put on so will have to compromise. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back