Breastfeeding and wanting to lose weight

Fly

Reaction score
I feel really pants about myself girls. I didn't put on alot of weight during the pregnancy but am sick to death with wearing pregnant clothes still... i know i know.. Henry's not even 7 weeks old yet and am only a stone and a half off my pre-pregnancy weight having shifted at least two stone without even noticing... but am feelin so bloody fat and frumpy..

The time of year doesn't help... i've set my health eating kick date as 1st january and whilst I know its not a good idea to diet whilst breastfeeding, i just am gonna cut the christmas crap (biscuits, nibbles, chocolate) and try and eat more healthy balanced meals. I don't have a car so we walk everywhere so I guess the weight will go. i think i feel so pissed off cos that first few stone just fell off me in the first few weeks and since is been christmas i have gotten stuck and even put on a few pounds :oops:

Anyone out there doing the same thing?

Same here, I have heard from other friends that they have been the same though, they lost the weight quite quickly and then it plateaued, and even put on some. It's harder if you've had a section though apparently but can be done. Just takes a bit longer. I'm going to try and eat more healthily, Christmas/New Year didn't help! Walk more and I got a wii fit for xmas so will be using that. Breastfeeding will help too though think it's more subtle.

I've not added anything here really but wanted to say you're not alone, I'm going through the same thing :wave: :hug:

contrary to popular belief, it IS safe to lose weight while BFing without compromising your milk. i lost a huge amount of weight while BFing and restricted my calorie intake and yet i had an ABUNDANT milk supply. its the quality thats important, make sure u take mulitvitamin and mineral supplements so that ur milk is nutritious. breastmilk contains fat (which is why it burns off 300-500 calories per day) but u dont HAVE to eat the extra 300-500 cals to produce milk- if u eat no fat then ur boobs will just use your own body's fat stores to make up the milk. which is why its easier to lose weight when BFing!

one of the reasons we naturally gain some extra fat during pregnancy is to store to make breast milk. we are designed to lose weight from breastfeeding. good luck with the healthy eating! :hug:

I did weight watchers while breastfeeding and lost 17lb (though I've since stopped breastfeeding and put it all on again and more!!)

It was great cos I was allowed an extra 10 points a day! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back