following weight watchers when breastfeeding

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I was going to leave the dieting till after Id finished breastfeeding, but as Im hoping to stick with it for at least 6 months it seems a long way away.

I had a look at the weightwatchers website and see they say their plan is suitable for breastfeeding mums as they allow them an extra 10 points per day, and I should aim to lose a pound a week after the first few weeks.

Im tempted cos I have 5 stone to lose and I'm still wearing my maternity clothes, but I obviously dont want to have a negative effect on my milk supply. im looking at slow weight loss over a long period of time rather than crash dieting.

What do you guys think?

Hi mm,

I think that sounds fine.

I've dieted while breastfeeding and lost a stone and a bit (and then put it on again and more!) while breastfeeding and my milk supply has always been fine.

I think following a plan like weight watchers with extra allowances for breastfeeding is a brilliant idea - you'll get lots of support but get to eat more!

Good luck!

Come and join us on the Fat Fighters thread for advice and support!

Valentine Xxx

I think if it were to affect your milk supply you wouldnt be allowed to do it hun. They give you lots of points as a breastfeeding mum.

I know on slimming orld they welcome breastfeeding mums. They allow 2 additional healthy extra A choices which is milk and cheese to give additional calcium so I guess the extra 10 points would be best used for added calcium :)

thanks girls, i think i'll give it a go :D

OH is moaning about it being a waste of money though, apparantlly there's no reason why I cant do it myself. This from the guy who has never been on a diet in his life and sometime uses protein shakes to try and put on weight!! :lol:

I think you should go for it :) you dont have to go to the meetings - just go for the weigh in and go home again. So doesn affect your home life too much.

i'll do the online version, ive done it before that way and lost weight, its a lot cheaper than the meetings, and you dont have to buy all the books cos they have recipes and points values online :D
there's also a cool charting tool for recording your weightloss.

I attended ww meetings as a teenager and found them boring. a couple years ago I was attending scottish slimmers meetings and found them boring and not very informative too

I do it online and go to the weigh in once a week, 17 quid for me though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back