Breast feeding? big deal?

Rachael,
I think I've made the decision to go straight on to formula. I won't need to go back on meds but I want to keep stress as low as I can. Well I know I'll be stressed but if there are things I can do to keep it lower I'm going to. I don't feel guilty but I do worry about what people will think or if I feel pushed into it. Although I've still got a while to go and I might change my mind again.

Do whats best for you, because if you're calm and you need your meds that will be good for baby too! Don't feel guilty, everyone is different :)

x x x x

Maybe when the time comes i would change my mind? but i don't think its possible lol. I think its great mothers who breast feed though just wish i didn't feel so "icky" about it xxx

Maybe when the time comes i would change my mind? but i don't think its possible lol. I think its great mothers who breast feed though just wish i didn't feel so "icky" about it xxx

Don't feel guilty Hun. And maybe if you have another baby you'll want to try bf then.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah your right ... maybe it because im only 21? I know alot of people trying with their seconds babies so yeah maybe i will :) xxx

I'm 22 and breast fed all three from the age of 18 but was brought up around breastfeeding babies so never thought any thing of it. But it is down to the individual at the end other day baby with thrive on either breast or bottle and there is always trying with if u have a second x

shauna dont worry about it i didnt breast feed my other 4 didnt even attempt it i was going to on no 4 but midwife said id be best on bottle coz she thought we had enough on our plate with ds 9 but im going to do it this time its my last chance too

I think I'm worried about other peoples judgement more than my own. I feel less anxious now that I've made a decision. It's daft to worry about what other people think especially when you feel comfortable with your own decision.
X

i didnt care and tbh more people are shocked that im going to BF and people are saying why arent you bottle feeding lol i cant win haha

i didnt care and tbh more people are shocked that im going to BF and people are saying why arent you bottle feeding lol i cant win haha

I got that with all three why don't you just bottle feed?? I was like waaa??! Lol

My opinion of breast feeding is, if you want to do it then go for it. It's a very personal thing, some poeple want to do it and some don't.

I plan on giving it a go (afterall it is that we have them for! lol). If I can do it then yay, if I can't then bottle feeding it is, at least I can say I gave it a go! :)

xxx

Pinkymum - why do you think BF will be more stressful Hun? X

I think it's more about not knowing how it will go. I don't know anyone irl who has bf successfully for longer than 3 weeks. It seems it's very much give it a go and if it doesn't work just switch to formula. I really want to know what I'm doing from the start, hope that doesn't make me sound selfish. I know myself well enough to know if a situation is uncertain and I can make it a little more stable that helps. Let's face it none of us really know what to expect until we're actually in that situation. If I was bf I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of people and I don't want to get overly stressed and for that to affect my baby.
Gem I'm so on guard for pnd, simply because I've only been "well" for just under a year. I'm 29 and was ill all of my adult life. So if I can do everything in my power to prevent it then I'll know I've done all I can. The midwife is always asking how I am and I feel great but she'll say things like "remember things can change" I have to keep reminding myself that the MW has met me twice and yes things can change but she has no idea the things I have overcome in my life. And if I can get through those things I know I can have a baby, be a great mum and stay healthy myself. My therapist who knows me inside out also knows that I'll do fine.
Sorry for the novel lol. I'm not sure if that all makes sense?
X

I think it's more about not knowing how it will go. I don't know anyone irl who has bf successfully for longer than 3 weeks. It seems it's very much give it a go and if it doesn't work just switch to formula. I really want to know what I'm doing from the start, hope that doesn't make me sound selfish. I know myself well enough to know if a situation is uncertain and I can make it a little more stable that helps. Let's face it none of us really know what to expect until we're actually in that situation. If I was bf I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of people and I don't want to get overly stressed and for that to affect my baby.
Gem I'm so on guard for pnd, simply because I've only been "well" for just under a year. I'm 29 and was ill all of my adult life. So if I can do everything in my power to prevent it then I'll know I've done all I can. The midwife is always asking how I am and I feel great but she'll say things like "remember things can change" I have to keep reminding myself that the MW has met me twice and yes things can change but she has no idea the things I have overcome in my life. And if I can get through those things I know I can have a baby, be a great mum and stay healthy myself. My therapist who knows me inside out also knows that I'll do fine.
Sorry for the novel lol. I'm not sure if that all makes sense?
X

I feel the same about not doing it infront of people...my main reason is the nipple thing though. x

Course it does Hun! Don't feel guilty whatever you decide. Xxx

The reason I really want to breastfeed is because of the convenience of it. It's nice to not ace to sterilise and wash and scrub bottles and I don't envy people that have to actually get up in the night to go make up a bottle, I'd rather just stick her on the boob and put her back in her Moses basket when I'm done! And I would like to express eventually for a little bit of flexibility in what I can do etc and partner can do a feed. Also, I really haven't got any spare money, so free milk does it for me! X

The reason I really want to breastfeed is because of the convenience of it. It's nice to not ace to sterilise and wash and scrub bottles and I don't envy people that have to actually get up in the night to go make up a bottle, I'd rather just stick her on the boob and put her back in her Moses basket when I'm done! And I would like to express eventually for a little bit of flexibility in what I can do etc and partner can do a feed. Also, I really haven't got any spare money, so free milk does it for me! X

Yep the sterilising is gonna be a pain lol. And you can't make up bottles in advance now. Although I was pretty hands on with my old friend when she had her child 7 years ago, was her birthing partner and then with her when she came home and she managed to get in routine with the bottles etc. Keep me posted on how you get on Lexi, not long to go now! I love reading Gem's blog as well, but think it'll be formula for me

x

I'm thinking that I'll attempt it.

Wee question, is it ok to breast feed some feeds, and bottle feed other feeds(using breast milk that's been expressed)? xxx

I'm thinking that I'll attempt it.

Wee question, is it ok to breast feed some feeds, and bottle feed other feeds(using breast milk that's been expressed)? xxx

yeah thats ok but i think your best waiting till bf is established good so the baby doesnt decide it only wants bottle i plan on doing this also but from what ive read most people find it easier doing the boob for all feeds

Yes but it's beat to wait 8 weeks because before then the milk supply is just getting established and if you express it's not the same technique a baby would use and your milk may not lessen but may not increase as much as it needs to (my hv told me) also baby could get confused refuse bottle or breast or both. My Chloe won't even attempt a bottle now tried some cooled water the other day and she looked disgusted haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back