Best bottle for feeding expressed breast milk?

Thanks for all the advice, I think you have answered all my questions. xx

As i said before I suggest you start to use a bottle in week 1 or 2 as the earlier the more likely baby will except it if they won't it's really hard on you. 3 of my 5 would not have a bottle ever breast feeding 24/7 alone is really tough going . Good luck xx

I am planning on trying to introduce the bottle from week 1 as I would like my baby to be happy to take a bottle without any fuss. I have a friend who has an 8 month old and he still sometimes refuses a bottle because she didn't introduce him to one until a few months ago. This means that she very rarely leaves him, and noone else can feed him! xx

This is a brilliant thread! Thanks for posting! xx

wss^

I've bought a tommee tippee closer to nature set, because I plan on expressing and freezing so that grandparents can take them whenever they want even from week 1. I have no idea obviously whether breastfeeding will work out for us or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no problems breastfeeding and expressing. I bought the manual express pump from TT but I think I may invest in the electric one if things go to plan.
If the TT bottles don't work I will literally try anything as I will need to learn to feed baba by other means before I go back to work at 3 months, and would prefer to avoid formula milk for as long as possible, hopefully this isn't naive of me :( I don't have much of a choice about going back to work so early, I'm the main breadwinner.
Sorry totally getting off track from the original question!! xx

electric pump is a godsend, i use tommee tippee bottles and she switches ok between bottle and breast. boots do bags for storing milk. i think its 10 hrs room temp, 5 days in fridge and 5 months in freezer, you can also put different batches of milk together as long as you use by the earliest date and swirl to mix not shake, breastmilk separates into 2 layers when stored so dont think its gone off when you see that either :)

electric pump is a godsend, i use tommee tippee bottles and she switches ok between bottle and breast. boots do bags for storing milk. i think its 10 hrs room temp, 5 days in fridge and 5 months in freezer, you can also put different batches of milk together as long as you use by the earliest date and swirl to mix not shake, breastmilk separates into 2 layers when stored so dont think its gone off when you see that either :)

Great advice Bev, thanks :D xx

I would second the electric pump - because of various problems I have been having breastfeeding I have been expressing and bottle feeding and using the medala swing electric pump. Luckily managed to borrow it off a friend as they are hideously expensive but it has been fantastic, especially as I was pumping every 3-4 hours.

Wow this thread is invaluable!! Thanks everyone! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

This is a brilliant thread! Thanks for posting! xx

That's ok. It's something I have been thinking about for a while now, and every time I look at bottles in shops I get stressed out with how many types there are! Thought it was just me but obviously lots of you other ladies have the same questions, so I'm glad we have all learnt something from this thread! :) x x

We us TT closer to nature, and G switches between bottle and boob fine. I use milk storage bags for in the freezer.

I have to closer to nature electric pump as well, bit cheaper than the swing, and you express straight into the bottle.

Pinky has a great link that gives loads of info. Will see if I can find it. Xxx

Pinky is the bf guru on here, and she's posted it a few times. its great help. xxx

Henry takes the breast flow bottles. They have two teats to mimic feeding from the breast.

I have the medela mini electric which does the job. It is a tad noisy but it works and I managed to pick one up from a Facebook swop shop for £15 (they r £70 in the shops).

This thread is great, I plan on bf but the thought actually terrifies me a little.

Its good to know that someone else has the same questions as me.

I'm very lucky that my SIL used to teach bf classes, and said she will give me all the help I need ... but I still feel like I can't ask "stupid questions"

I also use Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles, I find them very easy to hold and Chloe has never had an issue with them.

I have both the manual and electric Tommee Tippee breast pumps and both work well for me. Just a little note with the electric pump, I have quite large boobs and found the rubber mould around the suction cup just didn't hold my boobs sufficently enough ;) so just took it off, it makes life so much easier lol.

BTW the Tommee Tippe electric pump is on offer in mothercare atm for £66.66.

This thread is great. I also plan to breast feed and express. I'm clueless on the subject so very grateful for all the advice xxx

Babies R Us also have a sale on, loads of feeding stuff reduced xx

Haven't expressed yet but my sister has recommended tge medela
calma teets as they replicate the nipple and sucking motion although they're pretty pricey

learnt so much from this thread! people kept saying its best to bf exclusively for the first 4 weeks, but I wanted oh involved from week one really!. for the ladies who express in week one did you have to Wait a Couple of days for milk to come in, I'm clueless but isn't it colostrum at the start.

also a bit off track but can breast and formula be mixed?
x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You can express the colostrum it's fine , although I wouldn't suggest that was for storing as baby needs that goodness in the first week. But expressing and giving back later that day is fine and colostrum is so sweet and nice baby's less likely to notice the switch too.
Well done to all of you thinking ahead and being prepared, glad if I've been of help, I love breastfeeding but god with you all be grateful of the break you get when baby will also take a bottle. It's magic . Good luck everyone with your journey into motherhood. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back