Bowel movement during labour???

awww hun didnt you write a birth story? i think i remember seeing something about it when you had vince

when i have my baby i dont think i will care about pooing lol!

She told me to push when I was 6 cm, which irritated my cervix, made it swell up and baby was stuck. To this day I have no clue why she would do that!

U honestly will not care! Least of your worries, trust me x

I pood too, but I really didn't care. Mw said its good as means baby is moving down the birth canal. He was turned side ways and she said when I pood it was a good sign as he had turned the right way.

I was more worried about moaning/screaming during labour than pooing myself.

dont be hunni things will just happen most the time they wont even tell you if you have had one x x x

I am really scared of this too cause my poo stinks! Everyone in the whole ward will know if I have done one. Must remember to pack nice air freshener or smelly candles.

Not looking forward to this part of labour... what if you have the runs!!?? urgh!!!

Reminds me of the young girl on OBEM a couple of weeks ago... she was just lied on the bed not even in full labour yet and literally just poo'd... all she said was " i've shit"!!! Couldn't stop laughing lol

Oh god, I am terrified of pooing during labour...glad to hear that I probably won't notice and the midwives are (mostly) professional people who will not stand over me and say "Urrrrggghhh you dirty woman, pooing yourself at your age, gross!" Ha!

The mw's don't even flinch, they wiped it away and I wouldn't even have known if it hadn't have been for my oh saying to me. Honestly it will be the last thing on your mind, so please don't worry!

I did poo with both my previous pregnancies. I remember with my 1st I said to the MW I need to poo she told no you don't I scream yes I do I know the difference! So my mum said just do it, do I did only small one but I was right lol. Second time round i never really knew only coz mum always cleans away, bless her xx

I didn't think that I had pooed, but then the consultant asked me if I'd been taking iron tablets, while he was looking down there, so I'm guessing he could see black something.

Lol, what I did think was funny was when I was in theatre, Phil said to me when I was pushing legs akimbo he got a whiff of this awful stench and thought I had farted, lol. It must have went in the faces of at least 4-5 people at my bottom end!!! Lol

I didn't think that I had pooed, but then the consultant asked me if I'd been taking iron tablets, while he was looking down there, so I'm guessing he could see black something.

Lol, what I did think was funny was when I was in theatre, Phil said to me when I was pushing legs akimbo he got a whiff of this awful stench and thought I had farted, lol. It must have went in the faces of at least 4-5 people at my bottom end!!! Lol

Hahahahaha it's called getting your own back for the pain lmao

omg ladies i am so sorry but i cant stop laughing... This has really tickled me... I dont think you'd care if you did poo yaself but in the mean time i would be like omg, my OH would rip it out of me... ive never farted in front of him now i may possible s hite myself LOL... xxx

I told my oh he's not allowed near my bottom half in labour incase I poo myself lol but yea if it happens it happens and I probably won't even notice! Xxxx

I felt like I needed to poo during the pushing part not sure if I actually did or not though I was too out of it lol x x

If I did, I didn't know about it. Midwives are very discreet. I wouldn't worry about it. But to be honest, it would most likely be the last thing on your mind. :) x

Our mw suggested oh could get into their thing pool with me, can you imagine his hurry to get out cos there was a floater??!! Xx

I had beck labour so I pooed a lot when I had harrison, believe me you dont care at the time!! Harrison also pooed as he was being born so generally it was pretty grim!!
xxx

I was worried about it at first, but my SIL said that the MWs told her that if you poo during labour, your pushing properly and doing it right!

Im a student nurse, so not really the same as a MW, but we arent phased by poo, vom and wee etc etc. All part of the job! And thats what wrigleys is for!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back