Bowel movement during labour???

bute69

Reaction score
Sorry for such a strange question, but just wondered if with all the pushing during labour you actualy poo too?? Also, what if you need to wee during birth?

Yes you might poo. But please don't worry, the midwives expect it to happen and you won't know. I was so paranoid about it happening with my first, then half way through pushing I had to get off bed and saw I'd done a tiny poo, but if I hadn't actually seen it I would never have known.

I don't know if I did with either of mine, if I did mw didn't let me know.
when your in full blown labour its unlikely you will need to go with 5 n half hours with my 1st I didn't need to go once and my second was too quick.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk

I was super worried about doing it but if i did then i had no idea!

Thanks guys. If I do one, hope I don't know about it!!

I didn't poo, although I kept shouting "I'm going to poo, I need to poo!" because of the intense pressure when I was needing to push!

I honestly have no idea if I did or not lol! Pooing will be the least of your worries. :)

Omd's.

I'm SO worried I'll poo myself. Lol.

I know most of you said we probably won't know if we do or not, but tbf, it is quite comical!
Us women have to go through such lovely pregnancy related things dont we!!
Good job these babies are more than worth it!!

its perfectly normal and you wont even know about it. or care! i did a teeny one but would never have known if i wasnt so gross....i just couldnt help folding back the sheet on the bed when i got up for my shower after giving birth to see what was there....dont ask me why i did it. the midwife had covered all the mess up neatly but i had to peek! (tmi) by the time you have bubba in arms you wont give a monkeys unless like me you feel the need to see yucky stuff! good luck!

one of my biggest fears aswell but if its gonna happen its gonna happen x

This is the one thing i dread doing during labour, that and puking lol!. I was going to try and poop in early labour in hope of not pooping during labour, but OH would find it amusing, he suggests i eat a spicy curry when im in labour so my poop stinks :lol:..Men eh?

I was dreading doing a poo!!! When I felt the urge to push I kept saying I needed to do a poo but the midwife was laughing saying "that poo is your baby" I didnt do a poo anyway!! X

I pood myself during my c-section....only found out 2 days later when OH let slip bless him, he wasn't going to tell me cos he thought I'd be embarrassed but trust me when you have meconium in your hair and baby wee in your eye a bit of poo during labour is nothing :D

aw I did a tiny bit, Dh said it was covered over so quickly the midwives where brilliant. x Honestly its the last thing to worry about x

its not uncommon for woman to have a poo during labour/pushing. as for weeing we do do it but its only so small. its not very nice as i know someone who had a poo while they were giving birth she doesnt know to this day that she had one, my sister told me as she was at the birth. x x x

I did about 200 poos! In the pool as well, and they were floaters; let me tell you, I was afraid of it like a death sentence, but you seriously do not care at the time.

In fact! I am GLAD I did it, because the midwife was a bloody cow, she deserved much worse than picking up poos!

Last edited:
:rofl: ish i had to laugh when i read that !serves your shitty MW right x

I would have liked to do one in her face, the old witch! She single handedly ruined my birth experience, it was the least I could have done to ruin her day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back