Blw ask away :)

Well I tried Sebastian with a biscotti as it breaks down and we had some chewing motion! So hopefully we won't have a repeat of the broccoli incident lol.
He's still having purees but get seems to be getting to grips with finger foods....I think I just tried too early before.

Anyway just wondering is there anything that I can't give him now he's 6 months?
I take it I'm ok to give bread and eggs now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I started a thread on this yesterday. As my little man is 6months in 9 days and I know people say that anything goes, but I wasn't sure. But I really think it does!

I am going to make him brocolli and homemade cheese sauce for the first few days. Some bread and butter, still some purée's spoon fed. Veg and then I can't wait to give him mince and tatties. I'm really excited to start feeding him more xxx

Is omelette and scrambled egg off limits before 9 months? X

Thanks ladies, I'll head on over there for some inspiration :)

Ahh cheese and broccoli mess. Love it! Ha haImageUploadedByTapatalk1359389262.819389.jpg

Haha! When Tilly concentrates on something she likes, she makes this kind of throaty HMMMMMM sound. It's priceless. And she shovels the food in as quickly as she can pick it up. Let's see a photo if you can! Bet you can't wait til Friday. Are you going to introduce C to spicy foods early? I've put cumin and ground coriander in things and she likes those, but nothing hot like paprika or chilli yet... not sure how to introduce them in a way that's not going to blow her out of her highchair. I guess a little at a time, eh? Plenty of time to show her the delights of spicy food xxx

C purses his lips like a duck!

I am hoping I won't over load C with food on Friday.

I will definitely be trying spicy food, I love it so will introduce tastes in things like sweet potato mash. Xx

We're planning on a chicken curry soon and will add curry powder (mild) so will let you know how it goes.
Going to give it on a day when hubby has him the next day so that he can deal with the resulting nappy lol!

We're planning on a chicken curry soon and will add curry powder (mild) so will let you know how it goes.
Going to give it on a day when hubby has him the next day so that he can deal with the resulting nappy lol!

Lol well plotted! X

Mmmmmm. My mind is going off on a spicy food daydream now. I LOVE spicy food and craved it terribly during pregnancy, so if there's any truth in amniotic fluid and breast milk carrying traces of flavour from what you eat, Tilly will have had a gentle introduction to it already! She seems to like really tasty, flavourful savoury food so I'm hopeful she'll take to it well. KK - that's a good idea to introduce it in something like sweet potato. I was thinking of doing some roasted sweet potato wedges and sprinkling some spices on it. T already loves them, so it will just be a slightly more exciting variation on what she's had before. Curry... we are having curry for dinner tonight, but sadly without Tilly - one day soon we'll share it together. x

I have to stop reading this thread it makes me so so hungry lol

I spoon fed him a yoghurt before hand, but I'm making an effort to give him some finger foods every meal. He didn't each much crumpet, but he made the effort to pick it up and was trying to eat it. And he got a few wee bits.xxx

I spoon fed him a yoghurt before hand, but I'm making an effort to give him some finger foods every meal. He didn't each much crumpet, but he made the effort to pick it up and was trying to eat it. And he got a few wee bits.xxx
Ah, if he's having a go at it, then it's all good - he doesn't need to actually swallow a lot at this stage cos he's just learning how to handle it and chew. Tilly didn't even touch food until two days before she turned 6 months - we'd put something in front of her and she'd ignore it and stare at us, so he's doing really well already xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back