Please read if you waited until 6 months before weaning

Kalia, what are the health issues you mention in your first reply for those who aren't BLW?

mumtotwo said:
Thanks everyone. I think I was already swaying towards BLW - just needed some reassurance that it's the right think to do.
Funny that no-one replied who had waited until 6 months but still followed the traditional weaning route. BLW seems to be the norm on here (unless you wean before 6 months) but in my area most people have never even heard of it! Maybe I can start a trend!!!

I waited till 6 months and following traditional route. I don't find it any more difficult I just cook Isaac's food at the same time as ours and usually I'm hanging about at some point so might as well puree it then. It's going well. The reason I chose traditional over BLW is cos I wanted to see more hard evidence and research before I'd choose something like BLW. It doesn't make it more difficult in terms of me eating cos Isaac always seems to be sleeping when I'm eating :lol:

That's like me - I normally like to know there's good evidence for doing something. On the other hand BLW just makes a lot of sense. That's why I've been struggling to decide what to do!
Thanks, it's really useful to hear different experiences.

Lisa - the book I read suggests that babies who are spoon fed don't learn to control their own appetite which in theory could lead to obesity and the problems associated with it. Not sure if that was what Kalia was referring to? I suppose it means that if babies are encouraged to finish their entire meal from an early age they'll possibly end up eating more when they are already full as an adult. I also have an older child and I try not to make her finish her plate because I want her to know and decide when she's had enough. Most of my family disagree though and it's caused a few arguments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back