Blw ask away :)

Those look quite yummy!!! For Amelie :blush:

Karen we had a proper melt down today! You know amelie is joining us while we are eating and she has usually some banana in front of her for her to play around.
Today she picked it!! Tasted it, she managed to cut a piece, gagged a little, then tried again, then she got upset so she couldn't get a hold of that banana again and then we had screaming and tears because she wanted it but couldn't do it. I hold it for her a little and she was trying to latch to it like a baby does with a bottle or a pacifier lol. So upset she was that she couldn't have it!
Did tilly had any of those shit fits lol???? Maybe I stop putting food in front of her?

Yum!

I was thinking of doing some mashed potato to put on his tray tonight then he can play with it and it's soft. Even after the broccoli disaster lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Awwwww. Dear. Poor thing. Yeah, we have shit fits every now and then, when she likes the taste of something and then can't get hold of it - avocado was the worst one! I just distracted her with something she could handle and took the avocado away. She will try it again soon. Tilly sucks on things still, too. Sometimes she slurps a whole piece of food in, like a massive piece of apple skin or an entire green bean and that makes me a bit nervous, but she works it out in the end. Sometimes I have to help her out a bit, but I let her get on with it.

How old is Amelie again? I didn't start putting food in front of Tilly til about 5.5 months when she was able to pick things up pretty well. It still took her two weeks before she even started to pick them up, so she was actually 6 months when she started. Maybe wait a little while so you don't have so much frustration? For BLW, she has to be able to pick food up and to quickly and accurately put it into her mouth.
xxx

No no she is still tiny, only 4 m old. Everything started with me trying to get we interested in food as they are pestering me to start weaning her (Norwegian weaning that's at 4 m) and she was having none of it.
I didn't even imagine she will actually pick it lol, I thought she will play with it, drop the banana and then put her fingers in her mouth to taste them and maybe get her curious to get a spoon.

Probably not the best way to do it. I know that is far away from being ready for BLW she is far away from being ready from spoon feeding too lol.

It got me by surprise that she actually no only picked the banana but tastes it twice before it got too mushy and dropped it and then all hell broke loose even I I helped her with the banana. She wanted to do it by herself and that just wasn't happening lol.
Maybe I will stop offering her food to play and only let we watch is eating.
It honestly didn't even cross my kind that she will a mange to pick put in the mouth and bite from it :shock:

Pressed sent too soon. Thank you very stu much. More pictures if the gorgeous tilly we need:love:

This happened when Meri had banana too hope. Kept slipping through her fingers and all hell would break loose! Ha ha

I need to get better with giving her finger foods. Iv been feeling guilty and like a bad mummy today because I keep giving her Ella's kitchen purée. It's so lazy! She loves it though! And she especially likes yoghurts! But she's still having 4-5 8oz bottles a day on top of 3 meals! Must get a grip and start introducing some proper home made stuff!

She did have some mash last week and loved it. But most of the time what we are having isn't suitable and iv just been terribly lazy in making her anything else!

Oh and I agree. More gorgeous Tilly photos please! X

Awwww. You guys... I haven't taken many pics of her these last few days. I've been so busy at work... Promise I'll put some up in teh next day or two. She turns 7 months tomorrow and we always do photos on her month birthdays. Let's see more pics of your gorgeous girls too!

Hope - I'm just thinking that you should probably hold off. If she's happy just to sit with you at the table and play with toys and watch you eat, that's fine for now. She's too young for BLW, really. Best let her gut have some more time to mature. I know she's terrible with bottles, but if she's still gaining weight OK and happy in herself, just stick to milk.

Spammy - don't beat yourself up about stuff like that. It'll come in the end - I'm sure she's doing really well on whatever you're giving her, and if she's still taking lots of milk that's all she really needs at this age. my OH is making a lot of Tilly's food at the moment. I can't imagine how I'll manage once he goes back to work. It is very time consuming, even with BLW.
xxx

Yeah she is just fine watching us for now. I will stop offering her food. I only wanted her to play with it really and have fun not for nutrition for sure, I am not even planning offering her finger food to eat until 7 m old. (Thats why I gave her a banana really to not pick it as its slippery and just have fun chasing it around and then dip her fingers in her mouth) The little pickle got me by surprise lol and I was just wondering if she will have actually the same meltdowns when the time will properly come for that.
I will have to TW Amelie as she is really not eating enough and I can't wait for her to be 6 m old and then more until she starts actually eating sth if she Dosent drink enough milk ifykwim.

Maybe tomorrow I should offer her the spoon actually for her to play lol.

Spammy did you give purées to meri until now? How do you find mixing BLW and TW?

Hope I have given her purees from 17 weeks. She hated baby rice so gave her fruit and veg purees. She's such a hungry girl that I have done TW to make sure she actually eats something. I always swore id make my own! Made the mistake if buying Ella's kitchen 100% organic pouches and she loves them. They are dangerously convenient. Ha ha. On the odd occasion I have given her pieces of banana an carrot cut in to sticks. She maybe manages to bite a bit off but gags then spits it out and when she drops it she goes mad!

I would find it fine if I could get my organised head on and give her more home made stuff rather than ready made

Karen - I try not to beat myself up but I still end up feeling bad. Tomorrow she is going to have mash with some baby gravy and going to give her some more carrot and see how it goes. Trying to remember that she is only 6 months and a lot of babies at this stage are only just starting solids so there's no hurry. I don't know why I get so stressed about it! Guess I just want the best for her but my lazy side kicks in occasionally cos I'm so bloomin tired!

Don't feel bad! I use an Ellas kitchen pouch when I go out as its much easier. I'm worried he's starting to prefer them to mummy cooking though....eeek! And I've forked out to buy the beaba babycook so maybe I should stop using them lol.

Baby gravy...is that something you can buy? If so I deffo want to give seb some :)

I think my LO prefers the Ella's kitchen pouches. Hates my purée's xxx

Don't feel bad! I use an Ellas kitchen pouch when I go out as its much easier. I'm worried he's starting to prefer them to mummy cooking though....eeek! And I've forked out to buy the beaba babycook so maybe I should stop using them lol.

Baby gravy...is that something you can buy? If so I deffo want to give seb some :)

I think you can buy it but I'm making me and hubby turkey and bacon casserole tomorrow and going to use baby stock cubes in it then just use some of the sauce to soften her mash. Just so that way it doesn't have as much salt!

My only worry with Ella's pouches are they nearly all have fruit in so don't want her to get too much of a sweet tooth! She loved her mash last week though so I guess she's ok so far. I'm just a bit of a worrier! :)

I think you can buy it but I'm making me and hubby turkey and bacon casserole tomorrow and going to use baby stock cubes in it then just use some of the sauce to soften her mash. Just so that way it doesn't have as much salt!

My only worry with Ella's pouches are they nearly all have fruit in so don't want her to get too much of a sweet tooth! She loved her mash last week though so I guess she's ok so far. I'm just a bit of a worrier! :)

Ah good idea. I might have to give it a go :)

I use Ella's and Heinz too! He gets angry with the purées though and prefers proper food that he can hold. He had a pitta bread pizza for lunch today (pinched the idea from the weaning ideas thread!) and actually managed to suck some of it down! X

Oh Tilly loves pizza - we haven't given it to her much, but she makes such happy noises when we do. Yesterday I made some veggie burger/patty type things with sweet potato, potato, courgette, carrot, spring onion and some spices in them. She finds it hard to handle really squidgy stuff as she waves her food about so much it just breaks up before she can put it to her mouth, but she loved them. And similarly today we made fennel risotto arancini (crumbed risotto leftovers) - loved them but took her a very long time to get much of it to her mouth. She's improving every day, though.

Frittata is a very good thing to make - this morning we had one with red pepper, spring onion and spinach with a little bit of cheese. Went down a treat.

Oh, BTW - I put up a couple of photos in the 'super-indulgent piccie' thread :)
xxx

Hope - if she's managing to pick food (the banana) up and get it in her mouth, that's a pretty good sign shes ready, even if she is only 4months. Contrary to popular belief you don't NEED to be 6months, we started BLW at 4.5months, cos g could feed herself at that stage.

Could you maybe give her something sturdier to play with - like carrot sticks - not quite as slippery as banana. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Hope - if she's managing to pick food (the banana) up and get it in her mouth, that's a pretty good sign shes ready, even if she is only 4months. Contrary to popular belief you don't NEED to be 6months, we started BLW at 4.5months, cos g could feed herself at that stage.

Could you maybe give her something sturdier to play with - like carrot sticks - not quite as slippery as banana. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(
Good point. How about broccoli? That was T's first real success with BLW. There was no stopping her after that.
x

Thank you girls, I am really unsure if to offer her more food or not.
It think I may try the broccoli tomorrow after her 11 o clock bottle? So she is with full tummy and she Dosent have a shit fitnif she Dosent manage to eat fast.
I think the banana was when she was getting hungry as she was due a bottle in 1 h so maybe not good timing?

Karen will frozen broccoli do if I stream it? Or should I wait for Monday and buy a fresh one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back