Hooray! Hubby on board! :D

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hubby now on board with BLW :D I know its to early to think about yet but wanted to be clear on what we would do when she reaches 6 months. Hubbys youngest 2 kids were TW and thought that was what we would be doing (didn't know about BLW) but reading about it I really wanted to go down the BLW route but wasn't sure hubby would be for it as his youngest 2 were TW.
Brought the subject up today and he's all for the idea! :D he says that it was his ex that chose TW and he just went along with it, didnt think any different, but he thought there must be a better way. He's up for the idea as both his youngest are fussy eaters and addicted to sweets as his ex always gave them sweeet things (the chocolate pudding desserts etc...) and only gave them purees that she liked, and shes a bloody fussy eater herself.
He said he wouldnt definately not let Mhairi have sweets and chocolate etc... at such an early age this time as he's worried about the youngest ones eating properly.
Really glad he's on board with this and proud of him :smug:
Just wanted to share :D

So pleasef for you thst your OH wants Mhairi to be healthier than his first kids and try BLW. My Hubbie doesn't mind the idea either though when I go back to work just wondering how the day nursery will feel about it?

That's good, and your doing the right thing getting all the info now as well. My hubby can't wait, he's really excited about BLW! I though he might moan it was another one of my hippyish ideas when I told him so was most surprised at his positive reaction!

Lol yeh I was surprised to, he can be a bit of an "expert" when it comes to babies as he's had 3 before so can be a bit of a no it all, with out meaning to mind. He can be a bit "well we did this, and we did that" so was a bit wary about bringing it up, I've mentioned a couple of things before and he's like "I have done this before!" but he was really good about it :) and was really interested and said it made perfect sense to him, and he was wondering if it helps them to be less fussy eaters. Can't really find anything about that but I would assume so as they get used to different textures as well as tastes.... any one any ideas, or are kids just fussy any way if theyre going to be??

It's supposed to stop fussy eating but I guess some babies are just fussy! Im a very fussy veggie which makes eating out almost impossible, Im sure some of my eating habits go back to being forced to eat things I didn't want to as a child!

I'm reading a book just now by gill rapely here's her website too
http://www.rapleyweaning.com/

glad your OH is on board . . . mines still on the edge, and we've already kind of started BLW!!!

also, its nice to hear someone else not wanting to give chocolate and sweet things to early, everyone seems to want to give my LO chocolate, both his grandmothers have said on many occasions "it wont be long now till we're giving you some chocolate . . . no matter what your mum says" :shock: they say it right in front of me! my OH is on-board with the no sweets/chocolate though!!!

glad your OH is on board . . . mines still on the edge, and we've already kind of started BLW!!!

also, its nice to hear someone else not wanting to give chocolate and sweet things to early, everyone seems to want to give my LO chocolate, both his grandmothers have said on many occasions "it wont be long now till we're giving you some chocolate . . . no matter what your mum says" :shock: they say it right in front of me! my OH is on-board with the no sweets/chocolate though!!!

Can you believe Kynon got some chocolate for Christmas! He was 12 weeks at Christmas! Needless to say my daughter ate it for him! What is Easter going to be like he will be 6 months by then but def not getting chocolate, guess I'll have to eat it!

I didn't do blw with Thomas and he def isn't a fussy eater lol he will eat anything you give him and would rather have fruit than sweets the only real sweet thing he likes is I've cream and the odd choc bar lol I'm lucky.......I had never heard of blw before I joined on here so its very interesting to hear how your babies react to it and your families as well as I think they should respect your wishes on what you do with your children xxx

I didn't do blw with Thomas and he def isn't a fussy eater lol he will eat anything you give him and would rather have fruit than sweets the only real sweet thing he likes is I've cream and the odd choc bar lol I'm lucky.......I had never heard of blw before I joined on here so its very interesting to hear how your babies react to it and your families as well as I think they should respect your wishes on what you do with your children xxx

I was gonna say the same thing chick. I didn't like the idea of blw so have done tw. And my lo isn't a fussy eater at all, he eats everything and anything xxxx
And to add blw isn't necessarily the better way, its all down to the individual and baby xxxxx

Last edited:

I was gonna say the same thing chick. I didn't like the idea of blw so have done tw. And my lo isn't a fussy eater at all, he eats everything and anything xxxx
And to add blw isn't necessarily the better way, its all down to the individual and baby xxxxx

I wasn't saying that TW makes fussy eaters, me and my brother were TW and weren't fussy. It was more what his ex was giving them, and not a variety, were just wondering if it had made a difference. I didnt know about BLW until recently, will be interesting to see how we get on. I think different things work for different people as you say and no one method is better than the other :)

Oh no no I know you weren't saying that at all I was just putting my experience of weaning my son that's all and he's 8 now lol I just find it very interesting to see how mum and baby deal with it as everyone has their own experience on weaning xx

Yay glad your OH is with you on this, its a fabby journey, my LO was BLW and she eats anything, apart from plain rice or pasta she likes a sauce on them, but she has never had sweets crisps cakes or anything and she is over a year old.

that is fab news owl, we did BLW and having husband on board was the support i needed. He was v proud of me pushing him to research as he wasnt too bothered to start but you should see him now trying to convince other new parents to try it at parties etc!! he is more pushy than me and very passionate about it lol!

I'm really glad as it looks like I may be having to start work in the next couple of months, don't really want to but got no other option. We need the money and hubby can't work as he is not well. Its a big help knowing that he will be weaning her the way we want :) means I don't have to worry when I'm at work. Still not sure if I'm going to go back to work or not, was really keen on it but the more I think about it the less I like the idea. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back