Blw ask away :)

I second broccoli, frozen is fine, just make sure the stems are long/hard enough to hold.

That was G's fav to start as well.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I'm starting to wish I hadn't given Harry purées! He's now moved onto lumpier purées and gags/vomits a bit which I expected but he tries to swallow finger foods whole as he's so used to purées! Do I keep at it or ditch the purée? The problem being he won't actually eat much if he's only having the finger foods! X

If he's used to being full it might be difficult to ditch the purées but you could try it, start with just finger foods then use purée as a top up iykwim. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

That sounds great will give it a go thanks! X

I've just bought a mamas and papas snug in the sale in preparation for blw! I cant wait and hopefully we'll enjoy weaning this time around.

I've just bought a mamas and papas snug in the sale in preparation for blw! I cant wait and hopefully we'll enjoy weaning this time around.
:) Excellent! How old is your LO? It's great fun.

This morning I made a mushroom pate to spread on a crumpet for Tilly - she was a bit too tired to be interested in it for long, but made the right appreciative noises. OH and I had some on toast and it was yummy, so I thought I'd share:

Mushroom Pate
1 supermarket punnet portabellini mushrooms, chopped into small dice
½ small onion, chopped
1 fat garlic clove, sliced
1 mini tub Philadelphia
a few sprigs fresh parsley, roughly chopped

freshly ground black pepper

Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in a little oil until the water has been driven off the mushrooms and they are reduced. Stir in the soft cheese and season with a little black pepper. Add the parsley and process in a food processor until very finely chopped. If you want more texture in the pate, set a little aside at first and then incorporate at the end for the last blitz in the food processor. This makes more than enough for two adults and one baby - probably two meals. I imagine it will freeze OK too. There is a little salt in this from the soft cheese, but not a lot.

Serve on toast, crumpets or in sandwiches. I'd happily eat this myself all day long, but I'm a mushroom fiend.

How's everyone else getting on? Tilly has been destroying watermelons left right and centre.
xxx

Last edited:
That sounds lovely Karen!
We tried Philly sandwiches yesterday which was surprisingly messy! But B liked sucking on the bread!

We have still been on a mixture here. Not much luck with the finger food but iv stopped buying so many pouches. Yesterday she had broccoli tomatoes potato and onion all mashed up and iv never seen her enjoy anything as much! She's just had mashed potato with parsnip and carrot followed by a mashed banana and she loved that too! And it's so much cheaper than buying it.

C is 6months on the 1st and I cannot wait to give him more than fruit and veg he is really enjoying graving and smudging things around xx

It's just so much fun isn't it! Toast and jam becomes the morning activity rather than just breakfast!

It's hilarious! My mum is really loving seeing C going to town with steamed veggies xx

I love watching B eat watermelon - he just goes for it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359315133.758575.jpg

First taste!

Awww cutie!! I gave C cucumber last night for the first time, his teeth are really irritating him and it seemed to help so he was having a ball. Water melon would probably help his little gums too! Xx

This is why we've been giving B watermelon a lot recently as he cut his first tooth a couple of weeks ago and the next one is on its way. Really seems to help x

Watermelon is a huge hit here too. Tilly will just eat and eat and eat when we put it in front of her. She makes a huge mess but she'll get through a scary amount if we let her. I've never seen her concentrate so hard! She likes chomping on cucumber too, and she tried some pineapple today and loved it.

Sandwiches here are a bit hit and miss - she turns most of it into a shapeless pap on her tray, but seems to enjoy herself xxx

C loves pineapple, he was a bit concerned when we first gave it to him but soon got over that!!

I have my menu planned for Friday and I cannot wait! It's hubby's birthday so it mostly consist of his faves!

As for concentration face.... It is funny as! I need to try and capture it xx

Haha! When Tilly concentrates on something she likes, she makes this kind of throaty HMMMMMM sound. It's priceless. And she shovels the food in as quickly as she can pick it up. Let's see a photo if you can! Bet you can't wait til Friday. Are you going to introduce C to spicy foods early? I've put cumin and ground coriander in things and she likes those, but nothing hot like paprika or chilli yet... not sure how to introduce them in a way that's not going to blow her out of her highchair. I guess a little at a time, eh? Plenty of time to show her the delights of spicy food xxx

Well I tried Sebastian with a biscotti as it breaks down and we had some chewing motion! So hopefully we won't have a repeat of the broccoli incident lol.
He's still having purees but get seems to be getting to grips with finger foods....I think I just tried too early before.

Anyway just wondering is there anything that I can't give him now he's 6 months?
I take it I'm ok to give bread and eggs now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well I tried Sebastian with a biscotti as it breaks down and we had some chewing motion! So hopefully we won't have a repeat of the broccoli incident lol.
He's still having purees but get seems to be getting to grips with finger foods....I think I just tried too early before.

Anyway just wondering is there anything that I can't give him now he's 6 months?
I take it I'm ok to give bread and eggs now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant! Now he's 6 months he can have anything except honey. Bread and eggs are all fine. Some babies have a temporary allergy to pure eggs, so watch out for this, but most babies are fine with it. Go easy on salty and sugary things and have fun. Check out Lolly's thread today '6month help!' for some ideas. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back