Need some BLW advice please :)

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I started Angel just on puréed foods at about 4.5/5 months but the last 2 days I've been giving her a couple of toast fingers for breakfast and she seems really happy feeding herself and has a really good chewing action; she seemed much happier doing this and I'm considering doing more of this with her. What do you usually give your LOs when BLW? xx

I give Lo anything I'm eating, he has sardines on toast, cheese on toast, fruit like bananas, strawberries, mango,etc, jacket potatoes with tuna, beans or cheese and broccoli, pasta like lasagne or spag bol, meat like chicken breast, steak, sausages, salmon, homemade fish fingers, peas, literally anything I eat I plate him up some as well but I never add salt to anything I cook and I don't use jars or bought stock cubes and I always check the salt content of everything.

Same here. Holly has what we have. Broccoli is good to start with cos it's easy to hold but it's amazing how fast they learn the skills to eat anything themselves! Holly loves pasta and bolognaise and chilli and rice!

Thanks girls, what confuses me is when you make something that involves stock what do you use as an alternative thats suitable? xx

Oh and does anyone know roughly what the recommend salt/sugar content is for them? I've only been giving her toast fingers, sweet potato cubes and cucumber as BLW so far. When I puree food its usually potato, broccoli, carrot etc xx

I use a low salt version of oxo but you can buy stock for babies. I think they can have 1g per day max.
Im the same as the others and just give whatever we are having I just check its not high salt first. Kynon likes banana, mangos, corgette, baby corn, sweet potato anything really, only thing he cried at and didn't seem to like was chilie, maybe it was too hot!

Same here anything we have! LO loves pitta pizza too.....pitta bread (I use wholemeal), spread tomato purée, cheese and under the grill! Cut into fingers and hey presto!! You can also use pesto instead of the tomato purée! Yummy!! X

I make 'pizzas' as well with a slice of bread when we have normal pizza so he thinks he's getting the same! I also boil chipped shaped potatoes when we have oven chips! No point giving him rubbish yet and although we eat healthy most of the time I do like a bit of rubbish now and then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back