BLW

Rowesb

Reaction score
what was the earliest that you tried it?

Am fairly certain that Toby isn't ready yet as can be distracted easily away from food when we are eating... but he isn't far of I don't think, but at this point I would rather crack on with BLW rather than puree's...

Anyone? :flower:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the earliest was 6 months for blw? I'm not too sure tbh, I gave my older boys pureed food but i really want to do blw this time. Drake isn't showing an interest in anything yet but if he is before 6 months I think I'll try him with baby rice, banana etc. I'll watch this thread with interest!

I started lace at 6 months which is recommended but I've heard if they can control their tongue reflex (something like that) then 5 months is fine. They just need to be able to move the food to the back of the Tongue then swallow. Maybe start with food that they can suck or very soft food like toast and soft carrots etc. I started Lacey off on toast and she loved it!!

I was thinking that I could try him with banana at the end of the week and see what he does with it... Toast is an interesting one... Although I can't start that before 6 months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banana would be good, cut it in half for him but it's soft enough. I gave charley a banana the other day but mashed up. I left afew lumps in it for him and be loved it!!
Also mashed potatoes or sweet potato are good!

A friend of mine puts a whole banana in the microwave for a minute or two, splits it and voila you have mushy warm banana that doesn't need a plate, and just uses a spoon and feeds her daughter that way! Gonna steal that idea! Only thing is it stains black! X

Oscar is 6m and only just getting the food to his mouth x

Bet it's dead messy , but nice they can choose the food they like

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back