Blw ask away :)

Mostly a general question but what do we do when they refuse a food? Just retry in a couple of weeks?
I gave Amelie carrots both finger food and purée. oh my God her face!! You would think I want to poison her? She tried a little and then started crying with the bottom lip out :roll:
After 2 min I just gave up and gave her just a bottle.

To start with Hope I didn't offer food when he was hungry - I made sure he had some bottle then within half a hour offer food. He played with it all to start with then started putting things in his mouth, it didn't take long for him to start chewing and swallowing.

She may not be ready or could be a stubborn little miss! B was a bit uninterested in fruit and veg but tolerated it but once he could start having toast etc at 6 months he just enjoys food so much more than milk.

B never had the recommended amount of milk - sometimes only 14oz in 24 hours but luckily he was putting on weight. What's the situation with Amelia's weight? X

(Sorry waffled)! X

She is eating other things (we didn't try that many as we just started) she just hated the carrot lol.
She is drinking more milk now that we started weaning than before :roll: and I am bloody happy as that's why we started because she wash drinking enough at all. (At doctors advice plus they start weaning here at 4 m actually)
Her weight is just fine but she dropped a centile (not much worry as she is all the at up the centiles but she is getting taller faster than putting the baby chub lol)
I am not stressing terribly that she didn't eat one time just I was wondering what Ito do when she Dosent like a particular food as not sure that I like the idea of offering her what he likes when she refuses sth?
Btw she is going to try nothing else at all until she accepts most of vegetables and fruits lol as I live in a country where they think vegetables start and finish with potatoes...so she is going to eat those until we even dream of anything else.
Currently getting a fruit meal at brunch (purée and finger food) and a vegetable meal at afternoon and its always after she drinks at least half of her bottle. We are doing 1/2 bottle then 30 min later food then 1 h late rest of the bottle.

Thanks for your help. Weaning is fun and complicated...

Sorry didn't read your original post properly.

Funnily enough I tried B with salmon today and he hated it! I will properly try again in like 2 weeks but I'm not going to push it as he has such a varied diet anyway.

B also started drinking more once he had solids - he eats every 2-2 1/2 hours!
I think what you said is right - weaning is fun and I find the messier it is the more we enjoy it! Although I took a mouthful of his rice pudding earlier - you should of heard the screams lol! X

I'm loving feeding W. I always offer him his bottle, he takes what he wants, about 5 oz then half an hour later we feed him.
I'm not BLW as I'm spoon feeding purée's. but I always give him finger food.
He hates brocolli purée, but likes to hold it and eat it.
Today I made him 1 slice of bread with Philadelphia, and cut it into fingers - was a massive hit!!!! Not that he ate much but I'm so proud of how good he is at holding the food up to his mouth xx

Mostly a general question but what do we do when they refuse a food? Just retry in a couple of weeks?
I gave Amelie carrots both finger food and purée. oh my God her face!! You would think I want to poison her? She tried a little and then started crying with the bottom lip out :roll:
After 2 min I just gave up and gave her just a bottle.

I read somewhere it takes 10-15 try's before you can truely decide if you like a
Food. Personally I'd just try it again a few days/weeks later. Nothing to loose, it just takes effort sometimes - one fast isn't really enough- but it may be that she will genuinely dislike carrots - if so just one of those things, plenty of other veggies. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back