Birth

GoldenDragon

Reaction score
Ok so I'm watching Jeremy Kyle and this paranoid guy banned any male nurses from his sons birth. I was just curious to see other peoples views on this? My OH said he's fine with whatever doctor/nurses are there as long as me and Little Dragon are ok. So is it the same for you? Or is it ladies only? X

I hv no issue with it. My OH might think it was a little odd, but He would never think of banning male nurses while I was in labour

i have a male gynecologist :) he is even a colleague of mine :shock: i am totally fine with male nurses and doctors and whatever, they are all welcome to pock their head down there as long my baby comes here sound and safe...

sometimes male doctors are even more understanding as they listen what you say without dismissing it as one more thing...

I personally would want a lead male MW/doctor with me the whole way through as I would feel very uncomfortable, but God forbid anything goes wrong and they needed extra help I wouldn't mind one bit.

I think my hubby would really struggle with the concept of a male being near my below regions.... I very much doubt he would ban them from being around xx

Last edited:
Having had plenty of drs look at my Woohoo before (I used to have irregular bleeding so was checked for all sorts of things, turned out just to be hormonal stuff) I have no issue with it.

I can imagine hubs feeling a little bit awkward at first, but pretty sure once I start screaming he wouldn't care who was helping as long as someone was!

I'm not bothered, dont think OH will be either. As long as baby is here safe and sound.

I wouldn't be fussed in the slightest, I wouldn't be fussed if I had a male midwife (I remember someone posting a while back as she had one and I just thought "how cool" :lol:)

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yeah, banning them is extreme lol, but this guy was controlling and stuff :shock: I have no problem. I have one more question though, how will your lady garden be? :blush: does it have to be tidy?

Well tidy sounds nice but the pain that you get down there when it's growing back after birth is unbelievable apparently so you better leave it lol...

I am planning of getting a bikini trimmer, it's like a longer razor that it only shortens it so it looks tidy. And I will put some of that veet cream on the bikini line only ifykwim. I am sure midwifed saw it all before....

I think I'm stuck in the past, not because I'm sexist (very much the opposite) but because I'm quite a private person when it comes to showing my bits off. I wouldnt feel very comfortable with a male midwife or doctor at the birth.

That said - they are professionals and if that was the care that was avalible at the time I would be respectful and get on with it and let them do their job. Why should my inhibitions hold back what could potentially be the best medical attention I may ever get.
xx

Hope - I don't fancy anymore pain than necessary down there LOL. Might steal your brilliant idea ;) xx

FirstBabyEek - I understand your points of view, I think whatever's best for you and baby goes :') xx

Going for a smear test etc, I always make sure I see a female doc.
But I'm pretty sure that during labour, I'll be more focused on the job at hand that I won't give a toss who's down there helping out lol.

If my hubby was anything like that twat on Jeremy Kyle, I wouldn't be with him! And if he decided he was gonna 'ban' male nurses from the delivery room, I'd tell him to get a life lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Going for a smear test etc, I always make sure I see a female doc.
But I'm pretty sure that during labour, I'll be more focused on the job at hand that I won't give a toss who's down there helping out lol.

If my hubby was anything like that twat on Jeremy Kyle, I wouldn't be with him! And if he decided he was gonna 'ban' male nurses from the delivery room, I'd tell him to get a life lol.

Lol couldn't agree more x

I think I'd feel very uncomfortable with a male looking at my nether regions and poking about up there (except for my oh lol) but at that stage when I'm in labour I don't think ill care lol. Either will oh as me and baby are safe :) xxxx

I'm pretty sure by the time it comes to giving birth I'll be long past caring how my lady garden looks :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

I'm pretty sure by the time it comes to giving birth I'll be long past caring how my lady garden looks :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

I suppose so.... I don't want snooty nurses laughing at my big bush though lol :blush: xxxx

Hahahaha your big bush! I also don't want this! The razor and veet idea sounds good to me xxxx

Hahahaha your big bush! I also don't want this! The razor and veet idea sounds good to me xxxx

Hahaha :blush: yeah, definitely syealing the idea, might have to get OH to help out though... :whistle:

Are you on msn hun? Or are you at work? xxxx

No I'm at work on my day off :( lol. Ill be on again tnite around the same time. I'm not sure if my oh would help me lol I think hed b too scared xxxx

No I'm at work on my day off :( lol. Ill be on again tnite around the same time. I'm not sure if my oh would help me lol I think hed b too scared xxxx

Awww that sucks hun :( Ok, I'l be on then too :D Haha bless, I've already warned my OH about that, and he's promised to kiss it better if he slips.... :whistle: I think this conversation is for after dark only LOL xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back