Anyone actually given birth at home? (not meaning to)

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Just curious, if anyone has actually given birth at home, unaided or whatever because the ambulance hasn't been quick enough? or they've had no warning?

This is another question aimed at those that have birthed at home, what happens if baby is born at home? Make sure he's breathing obviously, wrap him up, tie off the cord with?, phone ambulance or wait on them arriving, anything else?

I AM JUST SO PARANOID, i'm so scared if he is born at home, i'll not know what to do and put him in danger because i'm an idiot!

kylie1007 did...... On her front room floor :lol: :lol:
I don't know why but everytime I see a post by kylie I just picture a baby sliding out onto the floor......

kadesmummy said:
tie off the cord with?

You're not supposed to touch the cord, could be very dangerous! by that time he ambulance would have arrived hopefully!

This almost happened to my sister, with her second baby.
She went into labour and thought she had ages as her first took hours. She called my mum to come over to look after her son while they went to hospital but said not to rush - by the time mum got there (about an hour later) my sis couldnt sit down! They called an ambulance and the paramedics got there just in time to deliver the baby in her bed! I think she called her midwife while she was waiting and got loads of advice over the phone, but it was fine in the end! (tho her matress was totally knackered - looked like someone had been butchered! :puke: )
And she said she was mortified that her bedroom was a total state - she was trying to stuff her dirty washing in the wardrobe while having contractions :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back