Help! Just got some bad news....

Hi Donna,
Yep going through the exact same thing as you, we're due to start IVF (ICSI) in January.
It's hard news to take isn't it!? I'm sure you'll get loads more info from the docs, but to help prepare you a little bit, we were told that IUI wasn't a option. (The sperm quality/concentration has to be above a certain level for them to bother trying that, so chances are they'll recommend you go straight for ICSI.)

Wishing you all the best of luck - would be good to keep in touch while we're both going through this Xx

Hey !!

Im sorry to hear about the bad news, I just want to tell you something similar happened to my sister ( she dont mind me telling) got the same bad news about her husband he had 0,5 millions in sperm count, and they have tried for less than a half year now with help from hospital and she is now pregnant!!! 6 weeks along:) And its great help to get from hospital, and Im sure it will be fine! ICSI treatment is what they went through. :)
She was soo upset when she got to know this, and was in shock too her man is healthy and have good diet too.

XXX

I don't mean to scare anyone, but be careful with ICSI - there isn't any point in you mentioning it to your sister Yvonne.

But, it cropped up in my research re my husband having diabetes and using ICSI as a method of conception is dangerous if there is a risk of sperm with DNA damage.

A sperm with DNA damage can act like any normal healthy sperm and if selected for ICSI accidently, the resulting baby has a significant chance of having deformities including horrible things like childhood leukemia etc.

So if you get the opportunity, also get your OHs sperm checked for DNA damage because it isn't part of a routine screening.

Last edited:
I see maybe things works differently over there and in Norway, in Norway I know they check the DNA if they suspect illness or chances for something serious but I don´t know 100%how it works. Think the doctor look at illness in families etc and genetic things etc. It is many reasons for "bad" sperm as I found on this link;

http://www.spermtest.com/causes_of_abnormal_low_sperm_counts.php

(Apologize my bad english and spelling sometimes, try my best!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back