600% increase in sperm count!

Bead

Reaction score
Just HAD to share this info with all you ladies ttc, especially those with OH having low sperm count/motility/morphology...

We're currently going through IVF, and in the lead-up, DH had 3 sperm tests.
All 3 showed very low results in all categories: Count, Morphology and Motility.
Count was 6 million, and the other two were both below 10% (~5% and 8% if memory serves me correctly).
We were told that natural conception and normal IVF most likely wouldn't work with these results, and we'd have to go for ICSI (where the sperm is injected directly into the egg).

DH was already doing all the recommended things:
- No baths
- Limited alcohol intake
- Limited caffeine intake
- Healthy diet
- Loose boxer shorts

SO... for the past 3 months we've added the following:
- ZERO caffeine
- ZERO alcohol
- ZERO decaf coffee (switched to decaf tea instead)
- No sitting with laptop on lap
- Never putting mobile phone in front pocket of trousers/jeans
- Wellman Conception supplements once daily
- Pycnogenol Tablets 30mg twice daily
- At least one LARGE salad every day (fresh baby spinach leaves, celery, totato, red pepper and green pepper)

Yesterday DH provided his sample for ICSI, and his count was 37 million! And both the other results were nearly 60%!

Maybe it's a coincidence, but if (like us) you feel that anything is worth a try, then all you've got to lose is ~£50 for 3 months worth of supplements. Cheaper than IVF I can tell you! :)

Best of luck to everyone ttc Xx

WOW thats amazing news!

Well it seems we need to get those OH whipped into shape lifestyle wise eh? not just us ladies who have to do all the work :)

Good luck with all the treatment hun :) will be eagerly watching out for your progress the next few weeks.

Thanks all :)
My old ovaries only produced two eggs for IVF, but they both fertilised. (Go super sperm!)
All being well, will have one embryo transferred tomorrow, then we'll be in the good old 2ww...
Xx

Oh Bead I'm well happy to read that!! And best of luck for the ebryo implantation xxxxx

awww good luck hun!! thats amazing news bout dh's sperm lol xxx

Wow that's amazing!!

Thanks for sharing this, best of luck with your IVF!

Sending you loads of babydust!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

That's startling Bead! Really good news...

Must have saved the Nhs about £2k for you not to have ICSI anymore :)

I'm not sure about hubby's chances though - he drinks nothing but Diet Coke (i bought him caffiene free but we can't buy it at such a bulk discount), he doesn't drink alcohol, he is already on WellMan Conception, i'm not sure what Pycnogenol is and he says it is too cold for salads! lol

I wonder if stews would work...

Thanks for the suggestions though, definately worth consideration :good:

Pycnogenol and celery stew! worth a shot Louise ;-)
Seriously though, google pycnogenol and buy some online if he's willing to pop a couple more pills a day. It's some kind of super-antioxidant bark extract.

Yeah the ICSI hikes the price right up - if we need to repeat it all privately, it will save us £900 at our clinic if we can use 'normal' IVF.
Xx

That's fantastic news hun. Just think, you'll be pregnant soon! :dust:

Fingers crossed Kizzibea! :)
There's about 30% chance of it sticking Xx

That's amazing!!!!!

I wish my o/h would do that but he hates salads and taking pills, so that's him out lol

Donna x

Amazing info bead! Let's hope good news is around the corner.

WOW thats a fantastic result, im gonna work on my OH after Christmas to cut things out to see if its helps. Fingers crossed for you both hun xxxxxxx

Wow, that's amazing news about the sperm count - something you've been doing is obviously working! Hope the embryo transfer goes well and it sticks first time - good luck! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back