Baby Wearing

welcome hun!

look forward to the pics...

any questions regarding carriers/wraps/slings shud be addressed to the babywearing guru that is Melanie!

lozzijane said:
welcome hun!

look forward to the pics...

any questions regarding carriers/wraps/slings shud be addressed to the babywearing guru that is Melanie!

haha definetely!!!

Thank you for your quick replies.

Yey, babyhawk it is then, now I have to choose colours......may be some time.....Mel, do you offer a colour chosing service aswell?!! :wink:

Wow, you girls really send waves of enthusiasm. I had never heard of baby carrying before, but now I'm certain that I want to try. I'm afraid I have some daft questions though...

Can tiny babies be worn in the winter? How do you keep them and you warm?
Can your arms move freely with the baby attached or does it feel tight and awkward across the top of your arms?
Do babies ever fall out when wriggling?

I told you they were daft questions. One other thing, I am on a very tight budget (£150 for all my baby stuff), any idea where I can get a plain wrap fairly cheaply? Cheers ladies.

Can tiny babies be worn in the winter? How do you keep them and you warm?
Thea was born in October and I live in Hungary where the winter temp gets down to minus 18! A wrap or MT will keep a tiny baby very close to you so you have a shared body heat. You can get baby ponchos etc but personally i never used anything like that. I did buy a cheap over sized fleece jacket that I could zip up around the two of us :) When Thea was tiny I had a thinnish snowsuit that I put on her so she was all snug.

Can your arms move freely with the baby attached or does it feel tight and awkward across the top of your arms?
Wearing a baby can take some getting to used to depending on what carrier you use. If you use a pouch (one shoulder carrier) then you will have one arm where you dont have full range of motion. With a MT and a wrap correctly positioned once you are used to wearing your baby you should be able to move your arms fine!

Do babies ever fall out when wriggling?
I have never had this happen to me but of course you always need to be careful. You are more likely to have an issue with a wrap during the actually process of wrapping you both in the material. There are many different ways to use a wrap and some great wriggle proof carries. Back carries can be hard to get to grips with if you have a wriggly baby but it can be done!

I am on a very tight budget (£150 for all my baby stuff), any idea where I can get a plain wrap fairly cheaply?
This is a woven Rebozo wrap, great quality and because its woven it is warm in the winter but breathable in the summer.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baby-sling-baby-w ... dZViewItem

Hope that helps hun. :hug:

Hi Mel,

I've noticed a few of the rebozo's and the like come in different sizes, i've checked out the Ellaroo wrap and been advised that the large is probably best, but just wondering what size Rebozo would be best for someone that's quite large? As i've read on another website that if you get a large one there's certain carries you can't do with them, is that correct?

Many thanks

Also, does anyone know where i could find a wrap in Blue and White? It's my husband's football team colours, and i know he'd be much more willing to wear it if he can represent his favourite team as well! :)

The average person should be able to do all carries with a 4.5m rebozo wrap. Someone who is larger than a size 16 or over 6ft will probably need a 5m length to do all carries but that's only if they want to do the back wrap cross carry or the front wrap cross carry. The extra length will make sure you are not tying into the fringe.
I like to use a 4.5m for most carries but for some there is just way too much material for me because im very short. For a ruck carry i use a 3.5m Rebozo because you dont need the extra length on a ruck and it means that i dont have loads of material left over to try to tie round my waist.

Vikky78 said:
Also, does anyone know where i could find a wrap in Blue and White? It's my husband's football team colours, and i know he'd be much more willing to wear it if he can represent his favourite team as well! :)

I think a friend of mine uses a blue and white striped wrap. I'll ask here where she got it.

i thought id post this here

IM LEAVING YOU!!!!

(for the weekend)

see you all monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tezzy said:
i thought id post this here

IM LEAVING YOU!!!!

(for the weekend)

see you all monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend Tezzy!

Cheers Mel, that was really useful. I'm definitely going to go for it. I must be dim, I never thought of getting a coat that will fit round both of us. Now I just have to remember to actually put the baby in after I have tied the sling on...

Hells said:
Cheers Mel, that was really useful. I'm definitely going to go for it. I must be dim, I never thought of getting a coat that will fit round both of us. Now I just have to remember to actually put the baby in after I have tied the sling on...

Did you get your sling off ebay? :D

Yes I did. My entire baby budget is £150 so a sling works out much cheaper than a buggy (as well as being lovely for mum and sprog). Is that you then? :)

I have just done a swap from a fellow baby wearer and I am really happy with it!

I have got a wrap called a Storch and the colour is Inka.....

Logan026.jpg

Excuse the bad pic of me it was first thing in the morning!

for the person who wanted a blue and white striped wrap Hoppediz do one called Montreal... thats blue and white.....http://www.hoppediz.com/ browse this website for more info... I am an agent for a stockist if you want more info on price/availability..... * I don't sell them so this isn't advertising as such! :oops: *

Hey Lyndsey!

What a fantastic picture of you both! Logan looks like he's absolutely loving that!

Thanks for the tip on the Blue and White one as well, i'll go and have a look see what i can find! :)

Cheers again. :)

Hells said:
Yes I did. My entire baby budget is £150 so a sling works out much cheaper than a buggy (as well as being lovely for mum and sprog). Is that you then? :)

:D

YEY!! it arrived! ive only tried to put it on once, and i havn't quite mastered it yet, but having a figgity baby didn't help :)

DSCN0572.jpg

(sorry for the state i look :oops: )

Alice seems to approve
DSCN0566.jpg

can't wait to go out tomorrow and use it! tesco's here we come!!! :lol:

Awww, they're such lovely photo's. Looks wonderful. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back