Baby Wearing

tezzy said:
haha ok sure you can join but you have to be as mad as (*nudges* zoe)

my oh has gone now so i can buy as many as i like yay

what are your carriers like?
coory carry is black wit a red liner..

My fave mei tai is black straps wit this pattern on the body:

pinkpur.jpg

and the second mei tai is a pink pattern body wit pink straps...

ill get some piccys tomoz..

and the tomy safari is a tomy safari lol

ive got a kari me and a moby wrap and ive ordered a new mei tai (cow print zoe !!!) which im waiting to come in the post. im looking to buy another 2 wraps or carriers i just cant decide which ones!!

(PSSSST ZOE................... LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

they are really nice slings!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: I am of to look..OH just gone to work, so I can browse to my hearts content without him shooting me dirty looks and tutting :roll:

Hi,

I love my Ergo and so does my OH (he says it's he best baby thing we bought!) and it's still incredibly comfy despite Mel being 18 months this week and a heffalump! The only problem is that I have quite large boobs and when he's on my back (which isn't very often as I like to use carrying him on my front as an excuse for a sneaky cuddle and can chat to him easier) the little strap that goes between the shoulder straps tends to cut me off if you know what I mean? I was just looking at the Kozy and wondered if that had a strap between the shoulder straps when your kid is on your back, is anyone carrying a toddler in them comfortably and do you think it would be possible to be pregnant and carry a toddler in one (I'm not yet but we might be TTC soon)

Thanks!
+++
p.s. do all of you baby wearers get endless comments from older ladies about your babies being too heavy for you to carry? I get so fed up with it! I wondered if it's because it's a generation thing or whether it's because I'm only 5ft and Mel's legs come down to my knees when I carry him so he looks large :?

Sorry i havent got your links sorted out yet girls i will i promise!!!

Rosebay I get comments all the time about Thea in the carriers. I've even been asked if i cant afford a pushchair!!!!

Im doin my own :D

slingOli.jpg

Its a great fabric, slightly stretchy and it looks lovely on :)

I find wrap-arounds to be more comfortable.

Melanie said:
Rosebay I get comments all the time about Thea in the carriers. I've even been asked if i cant afford a pushchair!!!!

:shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am forever being stopped and asked where I got sling/is it comfy etc....I wore it in Asda last week as Ruby screams if I put her in the trolley so she goes in the sling on my hip while I shop-both mummy and babba are happy. It took me twice as long to get round tho as I was getting stopped all the time, people were coming up to me to admire it and tell me how great it looked/how happy Ruby seemed to be. I rave about the benefits to other mums, I am hoping to convert them, I have never seen another baby wearer in my area :think: I am hoping to start a trend once my cow print MT arrives :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh actually I have converted my sis, her freedom ring sling came at the weekend, and mum has one too now :cheer:

zoe... are you gonna b able to sleep tonight hun?????

it could be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pacing the floor as we speak....I shall be sitting on the step waiting for him with a cuppa :rotfl:

Tash, I love your wrap. :D

I have just ordered a Kari Me..... hope it arrives tomorrow, I am excitied :cheer:

Tezzy, its come!! Its come!!!! Been out all day with OH, and a neighbour just popped it round....Its soooo cool but I cant figure out how to tie it!!! There is no instructions :think: Can anyone help me????? :pray: :pray:

Rubysmummy what kind of carrier is it? A wrap?

Here are 8 different basic carrys
http://site.peppermint.com/girasolcarry.htm

if you want something more indepth let me know and ill find you some of the videos i used to start with.

I highly recommend the tummy2tummy dvd for anyone serious about long term babywearing!

Mel, its a cow print Mei Tei like the one you have for Thea???

I think I had it upside down a minute ago....there is a shaped bit which I think is the head bit, and the straps are longer at that end, the other end is squared off with shorted straps....

Okay everyone, stop laughing at me, I am a learner (sneaks off to find L plates to wear on by back) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back