Baby Wearing

hi hun thanks. i think i am going to go for it, i really love the idea and have been reading about all the benefits. there is quite a size difference between us so will need two but i think thats even better because i quite like the patterned ones whereas hed probably go for black. i have been looking at the ellaroo lightly padded baby ring sling does anyone recommend this.

thanks again!!

xxxxx

Ellaroo ring slings are lovely, well worth the money.
For a carrier you can both share that would last well until your baby no longer needs it (think toddler here!) i would recommend a babyhawk MT. You can get a reversible one where you both choose your own print so it like having two slings. Daddy's seem to be more comfortable with the MT and it is one of the most comfortable carriers I have with a very quick learning curve.

my oh loves the wraps as much as i do!! hes always sending me links to ones he likes.... 'manly ones' as he calls them!!!

I love wearing Logan

I too have hardly used my pram - wearing your LO is so much more convinient.

Mel - I love your stash! mine isn't as big yet but you do get addicted don't you!

I currently have a Moby wrap ( similar to a Kari me) An ellaroo wrap and a walters organic ( cotton) wrap. I Am also haveing a custom made NUzzli Mei Tai made....... once you start you can't stop! lol

When I wear Logan he is so contented as he feels part of the action. I hate seeing babies in push chairs being ignored by their parents (its hard to make eye contact when they are at ground level facing away from you!) I would definatley recomend wearing your baby you just have to find the right carrier... I am lucky there is a woman near to me who does home visits and you can try on all the different ones before you buy!

We have a reversible Mei Tei with a girly pattern for me and camo for OH, but he tends to wear it more.

TBH, I'd have loved to baby-wear for longer, but even the well-designed carrier became too much for me very quickly. Stanley really is a lump and I just can't cope any more :(

OH carries Ruby in a padded baby carrier from Mothercare, he doesnt like the sling really (everyone looks when you are wearing it, and we get loads of comments and questions on where we got it from)

Just ordered a cow print mei tei from an E Bay seller in USA (THanks L*R for link), it was around £20 with postage, I cant wait to get it!!

Ruby gets more and more aggitated in her pram now, its a nightmare so I find I am using the sling more and more as its so convieient and she loves it so much, she clings to my chest now like a little monkey, and loves sitting on my hip, looking around :rotfl:

oooooh what link? ebay seller? sounds good.... i cant miss out!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a note about wraps for those who are thinking about buying them.

Stretchy wraps like the moby and kari me are great to learn with as long as you are dealing with a new born. However after a while your baby will be too heavy for the carries that you can do safely with a stretchy wrap. NEVER EVER wrap a baby on your back with something as stretchy as moby, if you have a wriggly baby they will get out of the carry no matter how snug you tie. If you want something that will be cool to wear and long lasting for your baby's weight then invest in a gauze wrap there are any number of great ones about some of which are very cheap. If you want a wrap that will last forever then you need a cotton woven wrap. Again there are a million to choose from but im happy to help anyone who wants pointing in the right direction.

what wrap would you suggest for after 5 months then melanie... all i have is kari me wraps etc and im now worried!!!!

www.rumplebums.co.uk

The above provide a service of renting wraps to see which ones you like! Lucy ( the owner) provides excellent advice on how to wear your baby and if you are local she will come by your house and do a demonstration!I personally love my ellaroo wrap becasue it is cotton therfore light weight and easy to manipulate, some of the German woven wraps can be a bit heavy and hard to knot! (ImhO)

Rubys mummy said:
tezzy said:

Thanks to Litte*red for the link for this.....

Cuddlingbaby is the name of the sellers "shop", I got a confirmation order today that mine is on its way, I am so excited :cheer:

Heres the link:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CUDDLING-BABY_ ... eZL2QQtZkm

*screams* with excitment!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want them ALL!!!!!!!!!

lol im so sad... its very addictive

melanie i would love your help finding a new wrap for my little man... i dont really like the ring ones... just the normal wraps x

Tezzy pm me with your price range and whether you would prefer a cotton wrap or a gauze one and ill find a few to suit you to choose from :D
I do recommend www.slingjax.co.uk for hiring wraps and slings to try out too.

tezzy said:
Rubys mummy said:
tezzy said:

Thanks to Litte*red for the link for this.....

Cuddlingbaby is the name of the sellers "shop", I got a confirmation order today that mine is on its way, I am so excited :cheer:

Heres the link:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CUDDLING-BABY_ ... eZL2QQtZkm

*screams* with excitment!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want them ALL!!!!!!!!!

lol im so sad... its very addictive

:rotfl: :rotfl: I was like that the other night when L*R linked me the site, I got a cow print one, I think Mel has one, and Thea looks ADORABLE in it!! They are so cheap to, around £20 with the postage. Mine is on its way :cheer:

My mum rang before, she has ordered a ring sling from Freedom slings, it came today and she is delighted!! I have converted her too! She will be looking after Ruby or me 2 days a week when I go back to work, so Ruby will love being worn by nanny too!!!! :cheer:

ooo!!!! im so excited!

adams just paid for our new one (Thank you soooo much for posting that link!).

can't wait for it to arrive. its so much more trendy than the one we currently have :lol: as soon as it does, i will take some pics!

god ive not felt this excited in ages! going to be waiting at the door every day for Mr postie! :dance: :cheer:

'stop woah yeah wait a minute mr postman'

hehehehe

Hi

I got my first sling cant wait to use it when LO arrives.
I tried Kiara in it and she loves it :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back