Baby Slings

Sparklisam

Reaction score
Any recommendations on the best one to get ??

Want it for dog walking as soon as I'm ready after the birth so needs to be comfy and safe from birth.

Thanks

In getting the baba sling for the same reason looks really good and has excellent reviews! It's from birth until toddler age. Type it into you tube and there is videos on how to wear it and stuff x

I had a babybjorn. Says from birth, but there is a minimum weight from memory.

I think the close caboo carrier looks good. Its the closest you can get to the softness of a wrap sling but easy to put on. Has excellent reviews. I love the idea of a proper wrap but have no patience :)

I have a moby wrap for new born and a Ergo for later on. Love them both. We had a borjn but I wish I hadn't bothered as they just are not comfy for either bubs or me xx

To be honest I'd probably wait until bub has arrived and then try your local sling library (where you can test all different slings and see what bub prefers.

My LO hated the Bubasling and the Mei Tei :wall2: :wall2:

xxxxxxx

See if you have a sling library near by. If they have meets then you can pop along before bubs arrives and see what kinda options you would have.

Xxx

I have got a Baby Bjorn and a Babasling. I got an absolute bargain on them secondhand hence going for them, looking forward to seeing how we get on. The Baby Bjorn was highly recommended by friends.

I was going to make my own; one out of stretchy material for the first few months and then a woven one when she is big enough to go on mine and my partners backs. Or do you think this is risky? I just think they are so expensive! x

Baby bjorn are the worst thing you can do, dangling a baby from their crotch is just not comfortable for them and is bad for their spine, hips and seat. I think they are pretty cruel, would you want to hang on a thin piece of fabric between your legs?

If you wanted a buckle carrier a manduca is a far better option and will keep your baby in the M, knee to knee position. They are suitable from birth if you use the newborn seat that comes with it, it is just an extra popper.

I'd use a stretchy wrap from the start though, a moby, boba etc., you can pick one up fairly cheaply. My baby is five months and 13 lbs, I am still carrying him in our stretchy though we now own more wraps than there are days in the week. I will be sorry when he is too wriggly for the stretchy.

Baby bjorn are the worst thing you can do, dangling a baby from their crotch is just not comfortable for them and is bad for their spine, hips and seat. I think they are pretty cruel, would you want to hang on a thin piece of fabric between your legs?

If you wanted a buckle carrier a manduca is a far better option and will keep your baby in the M, knee to knee position. They are suitable from birth if you use the newborn seat that comes with it, it is just an extra popper.

I'd use a stretchy wrap from the start though, a moby, boba etc., you can pick one up fairly cheaply. My baby is five months and 13 lbs, I am still carrying him in our stretchy though we now own more wraps than there are days in the week. I will be sorry when he is too wriggly for the stretchy.

Wow, what a judgemental and nasty post. I'll take that as my first 'I'm a terrible mother' accusation shall I?!

Just because YOU don't agree with something, doesn't make it cruel. Nor does it makes the thousands of people who use them cruel. And you clearly haven't seen the carrier if you think it is a thin piece of fabric, it is a thick, padded, frame! I think I will take advice of people I know and trust rather than some forum nastiness.

No need to get so excited.

And on the contrary, I used a bb (once) before seeing the error of my ways and am quite aware of what it is like.

If you are comfortable with letting your baby crotch dangle, then good for you. I think it is cruel and unnecessary when there are more comfortable carriers out there. I prefer to protect my babies hips as much as I am able.

http://www.hipdysplasia.org/Develop...ntion/Baby-Carriers-Seats-and-Other-Equipment

Last edited:
definitely see if you have a local sling library, if you cant find out via Google, search Slings and things for sale or trade in to facebook, they have a list of 99% of the sling libraries in the uk :)

most people start off with a BB or BB style carrier, but to be completely honest once baby gets a little bigger they are completely uncomfortable for both baby and parent. I had one and only used it 3 times before buying a mei tai! I know have a woven wrap and a toddler connecta, if you like the structured look of the BB google connecta, rose and rebellion, ergo, olives and apple sauce, tula, boba, kinderpack, manduca .... and I know theres more! hence why it can be good to check out your local sling library, as each of those carriers I mentioned are slightly different in their design and so behave differently on different people/with different babies!

I hope you find something you like x

Find a local sling meet or library, you can go pregnant. I have seen some and want a two way stretchy wrap as I love the look and feel of them. Great groups on facebook too, slings and things, lots of advice and second hand ones. I want a Hana wrap but none have come up second hand as yet!
Good luck finding the right one for you. Stretchy wraps tend to safest and easiest for newborns I think, but but so easy when they get bigger. Xx

As the other ladies have said try and get to a sling library and you will get to try out loads of different ones.
I have a Manduca carrier and its fab. I just need to start using it more :) x

Wow, what a judgemental and nasty post. I'll take that as my first 'I'm a terrible mother' accusation shall I?!

Just because YOU don't agree with something, doesn't make it cruel. Nor does it makes the thousands of people who use them cruel. And you clearly haven't seen the carrier if you think it is a thin piece of fabric, it is a thick, padded, frame! I think I will take advice of people I know and trust rather than some forum nastiness.

I don't think this was a judgemental or nasty post. I too have read information when researching slings/carriers that suggest babybjorn and other carriers are not always good for babies. Hubby and I discussed the fact lots of people use them so they can't be that bad but made the decision to go for one where the legs go around you rather than dangle. We've got the beko, our choice was between that or the ergobaby.

I've just ordered myself a sling from sevenslings.com they have a promotion on just now where you put the code WTE in at checkout and you get £40 off I only paid price of shipping which was around £11.90. It's a shoulder to hip carrier and does from birth, I especially like that you need to measure yourself as there is no stretch in them so they are nice and snug for baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back