electric breast pumps

Princess81

Reaction score
To all the ladies who have used these, any recommendations as to the brand I should buy? I am keen to get one as plan on breast feeding but expressing into bottles as well.

Not sure I fancy a manually operated one - though if you have found these to be better then please let me know.

Hi hun Ameda and medela are very good.
I was using an electric one in hospital so decided to buy one(same make) when I came out.
I did already have a tommee tippee one but as the one I had in hospital was a very powerful one and my boobs had got use to it for 11days I wasn't as impressed with it. (seemed to produce less milk than the other one). but then again whatever one you decide to go for your breasts will just get use to the power/flow of the pump if that makes sense.
I still have both the pumps if you want more info about them and i'll probably be selling them at somepoint as I dont have the space and no need for them now. xx

I've got the advent one from the advice of a friend who thought it was great, obviously not used it yet though! I had a manual one last time which took a while but worked fine, my sister also got on fine with a manual one.

I've got a medela swing electric pump and found it very good.

i've just bought the tommee tippee one (obviously haven't used it "properly" yet) :) Its half price atm in Mothercare £50 The suction seems good to me (but obviously nothing coming out) My sister had a manual one but i am way too lazy to pump myself! :)

i have the tommee tippee electric one, with my last little one i had the manual tommee tippee one. i have not used the electric one yet x

Got a manual one free in the Nuby Facebook giveaway, was very impressed as i thought it would just be the pump, but it is a full kit with a couple of bottles and all the other bits.

My breastfeeding workshop suggested that hand expressing is best until BF is established, but that after that, either manual or electric are good. Personally i feel i'll have more control with a manual one than an electric one, and will feel slightly less like a prize heiffer if i'm the one controlling it.

I use the Madela swing and it is great - it was quite expensive but i'm using it everday to stop nipples getting too sore and my plan is working. I can express 2oz in about as many mins!

Got a manual one free in the Nuby Facebook giveaway, was very impressed as i thought it would just be the pump, but it is a full kit with a couple of bottles and all the other bits.

My breastfeeding workshop suggested that hand expressing is best until BF is established, but that after that, either manual or electric are good. Personally i feel i'll have more control with a manual one than an electric one, and will feel slightly less like a prize heiffer if i'm the one controlling it.

What is the link for this please x

What is the link for this please x

it ended i think, look for nuby uk on facebook.

With dd i used manual tried electric but it didn't do much. With manual I got 9oz in about 7 mins.

I'm sorry, not meaning to offend but I just can't read this without thinking of the farm milking pumps :wall2:. I'm gonna have to google it i think xxxxxxxxxx

I saw somethin rather horrendous at the baby show it was like body armour it's was an electric breast pump on a jacket type thing with 2 plastic cup things where ya boobs go & tubes linking them both to the pump I thought it was a bit scary I couldn't help but laugh how sexy lol wish I knew what it was called I wouldn't even know what to look up to show you!
On the back of that I'm going to wait & see how get on with breastfeeding before I decide to buy 1 don't wanna waste my money on something I may or may not use...my friend had no milk & my other friend baby wouldn't take to her breast & my other friend managed for 2 wks but because baby was a hungry baby they advised her to formula feed coz he needed more milk!

I got the aventi one, not used it yet but it seemed to have the most consistant reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back