***August 2019 Mummies***

DSC-0224

I am huge. Not even 19 weeks yet

KqzFnCg

Last edited:
DSC-0224

I am huge. Not even 19 weeks yet

KqzFnCg

Aww you're not huge, but can defo tell you are preggers. I think after your first pregnancy you do get bigger quicker, I'm defo a lot bigger than I was when I was pregnant with my daughter. x

@Anna@work I think I'm in the minority I've bought nothing. Literally not a baby grow or cuddly toy lol. My mum has bought a few bits of clothes but not knowing the sec has even kept her in check a bit.

@EmmaN27 I have placenta at the front too and didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks I felt a couple of wobbles as I describe them. Getting something most days now...I'm 23 weeks but usually just at night or when I'm still.

@Anna@work I think I'm in the minority I've bought nothing. Literally not a baby grow or cuddly toy lol. My mum has bought a few bits of clothes but not knowing the sec has even kept her in check a bit.

@EmmaN27 I have placenta at the front too and didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks I felt a couple of wobbles as I describe them. Getting something most days now...I'm 23 weeks but usually just at night or when I'm still.

Thank you, that’s reassuring. I’ve felt odd fluttery movements but nothing consistent on a daily basis yet. X

Aww you're not huge, but can defo tell you are preggers. I think after your first pregnancy you do get bigger quicker, I'm defo a lot bigger than I was when I was pregnant with my daughter. x

To be fair I was huge with my son too lol x

I have not bought anything yet either, but have got some donations from friends (sheets, some clothes, baby carrier and a breast pump) and mother in law went crazy in M&S with baby grows of all sorts. Everything else still to be bought. Somehow I don't feel any hurry yet.

I am 22 weeks tomorrow and feeling daily movements, or flutterings and the odd bigger thump. Getting bigger, but otherwise no major discomforts yet. Some heartburn if I eat too much.

Congratulations @VictoriaAnne, Hearyoume on the gender reveals!

Welcome to the thread @MrsP513

About kicking, yeah that's happening several times a day now, but it's pretty gentle and usually happens 15-20 minutes into a meal or when I lean forward or sit down. Baby doesn't care when I'm up and moving.

@Starrynight I second on the heartburn, 2-3 times a week, especially if I eat something greasy later in the day or eat too much.

How many boys in bellies we got in this thread now?!

We had our scan last Weds and it's a boy, so SO freakin' excited <3. First baby for the husband and I, and first male grandbaby. So getting to see super excited relatives jump up in down or scream over the phone has been fun. It was the anatomy scan too, so seeing the heart beating and watching little one play with his toes was the best thing ever. I thought he was going to eat his little toes he loves them so much, and all the little toes are perfect too so it seems like he and I like the same things xD

@Anna@work Not a lot of shopping yet but my husband loves camo and I found some baby blue cloth I'm going to make bibs and burpies out of and put Baby's name on. We were given the crib my husband was in as a baby (his dad made it, and he died young so it's super precious to us), and an awesome wide rocking chair by an uncle).

SPEAKING of NAMES... I could really use Nickname help! My husband is John Jr, his dad was John Sr, and baby will be John the Third (which will be fun to say when he's in trouble for something I suppose). My husband already goes by Z-man (last name starts with Z), Johnny, one of his aunts calls him Onny and basically anything that doesn't sound like John because that was his dad's name. So far we were thinking Jack (or as a friend put it 'Jacques'), but I've been calling my belly John John. >_>;

It does sound like a lot of August baby boys !
Anybody joining me in the pink team ? :-D

Any Brixton hicks yet anyone ?

@Elize john John is very cute I think ! I would go too far from the original name :)

Congratulations @VictoriaAnne, Hearyoume on the gender reveals!

Welcome to the thread @MrsP513

About kicking, yeah that's happening several times a day now, but it's pretty gentle and usually happens 15-20 minutes into a meal or when I lean forward or sit down. Baby doesn't care when I'm up and moving.

@Starrynight I second on the heartburn, 2-3 times a week, especially if I eat something greasy later in the day or eat too much.

How many boys in bellies we got in this thread now?!

We had our scan last Weds and it's a boy, so SO freakin' excited <3. First baby for the husband and I, and first male grandbaby. So getting to see super excited relatives jump up in down or scream over the phone has been fun. It was the anatomy scan too, so seeing the heart beating and watching little one play with his toes was the best thing ever. I thought he was going to eat his little toes he loves them so much, and all the little toes are perfect too so it seems like he and I like the same things xD

@Anna@work Not a lot of shopping yet but my husband loves camo and I found some baby blue cloth I'm going to make bibs and burpies out of and put Baby's name on. We were given the crib my husband was in as a baby (his dad made it, and he died young so it's super precious to us), and an awesome wide rocking chair by an uncle).

SPEAKING of NAMES... I could really use Nickname help! My husband is John Jr, his dad was John Sr, and baby will be John the Third (which will be fun to say when he's in trouble for something I suppose). My husband already goes by Z-man (last name starts with Z), Johnny, one of his aunts calls him Onny and basically anything that doesn't sound like John because that was his dad's name. So far we were thinking Jack (or as a friend put it 'Jacques'), but I've been calling my belly John John. >_>;

JJ? Or JT? Xx

I’ve been buying loads . I’m due 7t August and I’m officially having to ban myself from buying anything new born or 0-3 months wise.
Little man already has more clothes than me and my parter combined.

It’s addifting though. I’m sure I’ll go 3-6 months next.

So far I’ve got loads of clothes, couple Oran shoes, mitts, 3 blankets, size 1 nappies, box of wipes, Moses basket and stand, playmat.
I’ve been looking at pushchairs and hoping to order soon but waiting for my mother in law to move house so I can store it there

. I know what cot I want too but gotta wait little longer before ordering that as the other half is going to sort out the spare room and wants our landlord to tide consent to him to remolaster one of the walls and their attempt is rubbish.

I’ve also had my friend make loads of personalised baby grows etc.
We’ve got middle names worked out but we’re really struggling with first names

I have a good friend who's not on the site who is having a girl late Aug or Early Sept named Anna :3 (Anna Sophia to be specific) <3

:)
@Hearyoume we already have the full name figured out but we were in the same position initially. We had figured out the second nale long before !

Hiya all, we are having a Boy :D shopping wise, he's got a few new bits, but most will be inherited from hi brother! We are on with the nursery at the moment.i hand painted our sons and I'm doing the same for new baby I have to get it done before I get too big! Lol
Getting stronger kicks by the day, husband has felt a couple <3 got our 20 week scan tomorrow! I had a TV scan last week, so I did get another peek. Heartburn and indigestion are bad, as I was last pregnancy. Got multiple bottles of gaviscon on the go lol. No other real symptoms x
IMG_20190407_162802_942.jpg IMG_20190407_162802_942.jpg IMG_20190407_162802_952.jpg

Awww that's lovely Carly.

I've got my 20 week scan on Wednesday, can't wait, especially as I'm still not really feeling the baby, just want to know everything is okay. x

Anyone got any advice on maternity tights?

I bought some from mamajojobebe and they were crap! I have cerimonously burnt them! When pulled up properly at the front they were half way down my bum at the back....and dont even get me started with where the crotch was as soon as I walked a step!

So I am tall...5'10 but dont generally struggle with normal tights. I would normally wear a standard M&S large. Been wearing some different branded XL just cos had to hand at work when said maternity tights got ripped off in a fit of rage. Lol.

Dont actually mind if they cost a bit more if they do the job. But really aching today round bump hips back etc so feel like I need a bit of support. But I have to wear tights for work so I think if I wear a support band and tights I will probably melt!

Helo me ladies! Xx

I bought some from mamajojobebe and they were crap! I have cerimonously burnt them! When pulled up properly at the front they were half way down my bum at the back....and dont even get me started with where the crotch was as soon as I walked a step!

So I am tall...5'10 but dont generally struggle with normal tights. I would normally wear a standard M&S large. Been wearing some different branded XL just cos had to hand at work when said maternity tights got ripped off in a fit of rage. Lol.

Dont actually mind if they cost a bit more if they do the job. But really aching today round bump hips back etc so feel like I need a bit of support. But I have to wear tights for work so I think if I wear a support band and tights I will probably melt!

Helo me ladies! Xx

I have been given some MAMA tights from H&M from my best friend who like them when pregnant and I have been very happy! They do different « shades » and they have been very comfy!
I am (ft6 and one pair was slightly too long for me so you could see on my ankles at the end of the day but otherwise they have been great so far!!!

I have been given some MAMA tights from H&M from my best friend who like them when pregnant and I have been very happy! They do different « shades » and they have been very comfy!
I am (ft6 and one pair was slightly too long for me so you could see on my ankles at the end of the day but otherwise they have been great so far!!!

Thanks Anna I may have to make a trip to H&M!

Thanks Anna I may have to make a trip to H&M!
Have a look online and see if they have it in stores.
I live in Bristol and the mama section in the shops is awful!
But I have a « club » membership which is free and they do free delivery for anything you order !
Their maternity range online is huge and reaaaaally good. To be honest I think pretty much everything I wear is from them knowing that in normal times i don’t wear much from their brand :)

(Their baby stuff is so cute too.... not pushing anyone to do any shopping !)

Helo me ladies! Xx

I bought a pair from John Lewis and they were great! I am also fairly tall (5ft 7) and they were fine.

20 weeks today and another member of team blue haha. A lot of people I know are also having boys. I'm so happy as is my little girl =) xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back