***August 2019 Mummies***

Can I ask ladies, for anyone having their second child, so you think it's more or less scary this time round?
I've had a lot of random bleeding (being told all fine, but not 100% sure reason) throughout so can't quite fully relax. Also, I feel like the thought of the 'final exam' is way scarier now I know what's to come. Especially as I had such a 'textbook' quick birth with my first, so I feel like it can only be the same or worse this time. I am considering asking for a section but I feel that's only because I'm more scared this time.

@Gravidgecko I had a kick or something yesterday when I bent down right in the perineum. Yeaoch! Probably was just the way I bent over but it made me gasp. My baby is still lying breech so I'm getting all my kicks low down at the moment.

We have had a wall come down yesterday....drains now in for new downstairs toilet. So work is progressing slowly altho I'm now wondering how on earth it will be done in time. Plans for the bank holiday weekend involve choosing all the things we haven't finalised like tiles etc. Plus starting some baby shopping to settle my mind a bit! Xx

Congrats on your baby girl Gravidgecko.

I defo feel kicks really low down.

This is baby number 2 for me and I know I'm going to be very scared when it's time to give birth, as my first labour was so long (48 hours) and extremely painful! No way would I have a C-section by choice though, for the reason that it is a longer recovery time. x

Here to break the trend:
Baby Girl, due 21st Aug :) <3

Anyone else feeling kicks THAT low? Like, below the tummy line and behind the pubic bone low?
xx
Congrats on the girl! <3
I've had some lower kicks, but nothing so jarring to nearly cause an accident! He's not super low, but most kicks are below the belly button an inch or two down.

How is everyone doing on planning for Trimester 3? I'm scared that I won't be able to get anything done at all as Tri 1 was pretty brutal from an energy standpoint. Then again, the Vitamin C I'm on now has really helped with that.

But I'm trying to see if finances will let us buy a house this summer, and that's gonna be a lot of work to clean up the current apartment, pack and move. I just can't stand how small our place is the larger I grow now. ...sounds like a horrible idea?

@Gravidgecko congratulations and thank you for joining me on the pink team !!!! :-D

No los kicks for me as such but such a variety of them though!!! Sometimes they feel like they’re really « inside » in the way that I don’t think it’s particulqry obvious for my partner to feel with his hand on my bump. And at other times it’s the opposite. It makes my tummy move if just looking at it!

This trimester is just so much more enjoyable than tri1!!!

Does anybody have recommendations for nice quality baby vests? We have onsies and some outfits but I can’t seem to be able to decide on where the vests are nice and light end up not buying any if I don’t change my mind!

@Gravidgecko congratulations and thank you for joining me on the pink team !!!! :-D

No los kicks for me as such but such a variety of them though!!! Sometimes they feel like they’re really « inside » in the way that I don’t think it’s particulqry obvious for my partner to feel with his hand on my bump. And at other times it’s the opposite. It makes my tummy move if just looking at it!

This trimester is just so much more enjoyable than tri1!!!

Does anybody have recommendations for nice quality baby vests? We have onsies and some outfits but I can’t seem to be able to decide on where the vests are nice and light end up not buying any if I don’t change my mind!

Vests, I bought cheap. The amount you'll go through is ridiculous lol. Asda or primark I usually go for. The leaky nappy up the back poo stains are hard to shift lol. Sometimes, I have actually just binned them haha. Having said that, all the bodysuits I buy are next. They wash so well and are good in sizing x

Long or short sleeves for baby vests for a late August baby...?

Long or short sleeves for baby vests for a late August baby...?

I buy all short/cap sleeved. All his babygrows/bodysuits have sleeves anyway. I find long sleeve ones can bunch up and be a bit awkward under a lot of clothes x

Ladies, are your babies movements consistent each day? I'm just a bit worried that since yesterday I've hardly felt him move, particularly last night when I was laying down in comparison to what I usually feel. x

Ladies, are your babies movements consistent each day? I'm just a bit worried that since yesterday I've hardly felt him move, particularly last night when I was laying down in comparison to what I usually feel. x

If you are ever worried ring your local MAU. You should have numbers listed in your bounty pack. I went in 3 times with my son, my first pregnancy. He was fine, and the midwifes were wonderful. I swore he wait for them to attach the pads, then go crazy kicking me! If you ever feel something isn't quite right, don't delay. It's probably nothing, but better to be safe xx

I feel her fairly regularly. I wouldn’t say it’s the same time on the clock daily ad I used to feel her more when going to bed and now she seems to move earlier but on and let me fall asleep but still have regular movements during the day.
Midwives are lovely and they allllways check on you and I’ll never turn you down.
What hasn’t worked for me so far is chocolate/ sweet treats... I guess the little one is already moving being high on sugar.
But in any doubt definitely call midwices or delivery place !

Thank you ladies.

I did call a midwife and she said babies are still irregular with movements until around 28 weeks, as long as you feel some movement then not to be worried. I had a fizzy drink and bar of chocolate like they advised and felt a couple of kicks shortly afterwards. I also found a private place at work and laid down on the floor for a little while and felt a couple more kicks after a bit of prodding my belly. Hoping he’s more active tonight and stops being a lazy bum! X

Thank you ladies.

I did call a midwife and she said babies are still irregular with movements until around 28 weeks, as long as you feel some movement then not to be worried. I had a fizzy drink and bar of chocolate like they advised and felt a couple of kicks shortly afterwards. I also found a private place at work and laid down on the floor for a little while and felt a couple more kicks after a bit of prodding my belly. Hoping he’s more active tonight and stops being a lazy bum! X

I went for a check about 3 weeks ago cos I had a full day with nothing. Of course as soon as midwife got her hands on me littleun was wide awake and wriggling. Def call if u at all worried they were so understanding. They also recommended to have a hot drink then an ice cold one after. Can get them wriggling if u just getting less movements not zero x

Having a rough time at the moment. Suffering massively with pelvis and back pain, been signed off work for 2 weeks then on holiday and then I'm starting maternity leave early as I'm already struggling, 24 weeks tomorrow. Just getting a bit fed up with people thinking it can't be that bad, I haven't slept properly in about a week. Sorry for the rant, just need to talk to people that sort of understand. X

Having a rough time at the moment. Suffering massively with pelvis and back pain, been signed off work for 2 weeks then on holiday and then I'm starting maternity leave early as I'm already struggling, 24 weeks tomorrow. Just getting a bit fed up with people thinking it can't be that bad, I haven't slept properly in about a week. Sorry for the rant, just need to talk to people that sort of understand. X

Bless you sounds like you having a rough ride. I'm 28 weeks now and have had a couple days recently that I've just been so uncomfortable....borderline pain. Just feels like everything stretching in weird directions. Have had new discomfort in my groin and top of thighs this week too....but I'm wondering if that's because I'm finding the most comfortable way to sit at home is feet together heels to bum.....like some weird genie. But it seems to give room as bump is starting to drop.

I'm counting down the weeks now. Got about 8 1/2 weeks left ay work but only 7 weeks to work as got a holiday week in June. 6th July I finish....3 weeks before my due date and I cant wait! Xx

Some of us will find it harder. It’s unfair of people making it sound like it’s easy!
At the moment at work I see more patients than most of my colleagues and I am super stretched but I don’t complain... for the same reason and sometimes I think I am silly I should say something !!!

I have had a few nights when I woke up numerous times just because of being uncomfortable... then it just makes the whole day harder doesn’t it ?!

Some days I feel great, some days everything aches. I wouldn’t say it’s really painful but just really bothers me. Back ache... or ribs pain...

@Nikkibiscuit I sit in the genie position too!!! I would describe the feeling exactly like you did. Sometimes it feels like my belly is so low this is the most comfortable position.
I bought a pregnancy/breastfeeding pillow from Doomoo and I use it behind me in bed when reading. Gives the best angle for the belly and best for my back. Then when I am ready to sleep I just cuddle it on one side :p

Little one is loving like crazy tonight. Hopefully I’ll get some sleep. It’s not painful at all but so exciting I kind of unconsciously stay away le to enjoy it !!!

Some of us will find it harder. It’s unfair of people making it sound like it’s easy!
At the moment at work I see more patients than most of my colleagues and I am super stretched but I don’t complain... for the same reason and sometimes I think I am silly I should say something !!!

I have had a few nights when I woke up numerous times just because of being uncomfortable... then it just makes the whole day harder doesn’t it ?!

Some days I feel great, some days everything aches. I wouldn’t say it’s really painful but just really bothers me. Back ache... or ribs pain...

@Nikkibiscuit I sit in the genie position too!!! I would describe the feeling exactly like you did. Sometimes it feels like my belly is so low this is the most comfortable position.
I bought a pregnancy/breastfeeding pillow from Doomoo and I use it behind me in bed when reading. Gives the best angle for the belly and best for my back. Then when I am ready to sleep I just cuddle it on one side :p

Little one is loving like crazy tonight. Hopefully I’ll get some sleep. It’s not painful at all but so exciting I kind of unconsciously stay away le to enjoy it !!!

I love my maternity pillow...I bought a long sausage style one and it's so comfy for tucking under boobs and bump and between my legs. Makes me feel supported. I've even taken to having it on the sofa with me on an evening if I want to lie down. Hubby laughs but I dont care comfort is paramount!

I'm back to work today after 9 days off. Have been productive sorted all the big stuff now. Just waiting on the furniture being delivered but have got car seats and crib and pushchair all done. So feeling bit more relaxed now it's only the small stuff to pick up a bit nearer the time. House is chaos....our kitchen gets ripped out tomorrow so will have about another 2 weeks before that is finished then they doing our bathroom. Hopefully will all be sorted by early June so can get flooring and carpets done and then finally sort the nursery out! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back