***August 2019 Mummies***

Katiepie

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Figured I would get this second trimester thread going :) any additions or alterations to the dates let me know

30th July- honourary member. Nikkibiscuit :cheer:

1. Laurajade :cheer:
2. Claire2602 :cheer:
3. VictoriaAnne :cheer:
4. Nikkibiscuit :cheer: Ebony72 :cheer:
6. Katiepie :cheer:
7. Hearyoume :cheer:
9. Vespa :cheer: Elize:cheer: Nicipoo91:cheer:
13. Starrynight :cheer:
18. RosieC :cheer: Anna@work :cheer:
19. Steph26 :cheer: Becca J :cheer: GravidGecko:cheer:
21. Emcayo :cheer: Carly89 :cheer:
22. Whippetmum :cheer:
27. Poxiepixie :cheer: EmmaN27:cheer:
29. Gigi28 :cheer:

Have a happy healthy second trimester everyone :)

Last edited:
And mine to the 7th as i got that from my dating scan

And here’s a bump photo

CDF4A8F9-7235-40B0-BED1-1561C9F5710E.jpeg

And I am due on the 18th :)
Looks like we’ve all been slightly changed !

Had my 12wk scan this morning and my dates are bang on, still due for 18th Aug! Relieved doesn’t even come close to how I felt when she said she could see baby & all looked healthy.

62669D0E-BA50-4E74-A5B4-209AB41D2FFF.jpeg

Had my 12wk scan this morning and my dates are bang on, still due for 18th Aug! Relieved doesn’t even come close to how I felt when she said she could see baby & all looked healthy.

View attachment 83767

Congratulations on your happy scan Rosie !
And yeah we are due dates buddies !!!

I just received my letter with my screening tests results. Don’t know what to make of it.downs syndrome is 1 out of 658 I guess that’s low ?

I asked about the screening results today and the midwife said if they’re high to expect a call otherwise they’ll just come in the post. I’m guessing a letter means it’s nothing to worry about?

Yes I think it’s fine. I think she said if it’s under 1/150 and it seems really far from it so I am pretty positive.
My family members all said they worried about these tests when they were pregnant but to be honest o don’t feel worried at all!
(I probably worried enough already for everything else :p )

Does anybody else feel riddled with aches and pains? Seems a bit early but my feet/ankles are killing me (doesn’t seem to be any swelling though) and my back/bum are really sore if I sit for more than about 10 mins.
I dread to think what this will all feel like when I’m actually carrying a big bump around!

I don't have any particular aches or pains yet. Mainly just bloated belly and my skin itches something awful. Especially my back. Otherwise feel pretty good now that nausea is gone (knocks wood).

Nausea is better here too. Finally!
I am soooo bloated I. The evenings though it’s stretching my belly quite badly :(
The only aches I have is a right sided stretching/stitch like pain which I believe comes from my round ligament. It is worse even my belly get bigger send as soon as I lie down it feel so much better as there’s no tension!
Still feeling really tired... hope I’ll regain some energy at some point !
No other pains otherwise !

Does anybody else feel riddled with aches and pains? Seems a bit early but my feet/ankles are killing me (doesn’t seem to be any swelling though) and my back/bum are really sore if I sit for more than about 10 mins.
I dread to think what this will all feel like when I’m actually carrying a big bump around!

I've had this...hips and back of my pelvis area. Sitting for any period of time makes me achey and twitchy. Try to alternate between sitting lying living around if I'm just at home ona a night time x

Update on my extra checks ladies. I need shares in the hospital car park!

I go this week (16) for TV scan to check cervix on Wed then back to see consultant on Thurs.

Midwife next week (just at GP surgery so less of a trek)

Then week 20 I've got 3 appointments! TV scan Wed....consultant Thurs....and then 20 week scan on the Fri!

Its crackers. I'm super grateful for the checks and impressed with the NHS but I'm gonna ask when I go in this week if they can combine any of the appts at all. Gonna be fun juggling work...thank God for shift work

They have managed to get the 24 weeks checks both on the morning lol x

Aww lovely scan pic Rosie!

8 days to go until my scan!

My stomach is bloating massively in the evenings and struggling to eat much, appetite during the day is good though!

I’ve got an annoying cough at the moment, keep couging up mucus which is gross! X

Hi im from july, due the 28th so she will probably come August. Found out on saturday we are having a girl. Just hopping over to here, the july thread is so quiet and i need people to talk to ha x

img1549712980322.jpg

Congratulations Stacey89! I can’t wait to know if our little one is a girl or a boy!
Leaning towards girl as I shared my scans pictures and only had « girl » as random guesses! It would be funny to see if all these predictions were true!

Nikkibiscuit, that’s a lot of appointments. Couldn’t they do your 20w scan and your tv scan on the same day? That would save you a journey!?

EmmaN27 we had friends over the weekend. Told them I was pregnant on Friday. They were happy for us and said I didn’t look like I have a bump yet etc. Then came Saturday night after dinner... and i just became so bloated I looked 6 months pregnant! They couldn’t believe it :-D I did explain it wasn’t baby... but they thought it was my outfit making the bump look bigger. I came back the next morning Wearing the same clothes and the bump was gone! So, The bloat is real !!!!

I have a general question. Does anybody feel like their bump is starting to show a bit since you’ve had your scans ?
I had my scan a week ago and am 13w today. I feel like my bump is there’s like a little bit. I try to hold my belly in to look slim and don’t seem to be able to make it as small as before. I wonder if it’s just the timing or if the scan made it real and unconsciously my body allows itself to show :p !

Wow, I didn’t set up notifications for this thread properly :D thought everyone had just gone really really quiet in the first trimester forum hahaha.

I’ll make those changes to dates today.

I also feel pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time haha.had two big walks this last week which I feel has done me a lot of good. Although at 2/3rds of the way round on sat I felt like I just wasn’t going to make it ha. Had a bit of a “go on without me” moment.

I spend a lot of my day sitting at a desk currently and I was thinking about getting a kneeler chair to help extend my abdomen a bit. Feel like I’m squashing my little one with all the leaning forwards I’m doing.

Also, I keep getting sharp jabbing feelings, seemingly randomly. I’m beginning to think it’s the baby moving/kicking, although I was told I wouldn’t feel this for another few weeks. It seems early at 14 weeks. Can’t think of anything else it could be though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back