***August 2019 Mummies***

I love my maternity pillow...I bought a long sausage style one and it's so comfy for tucking under boobs and bump and between my legs. Makes me feel supported. I've even taken to having it on the sofa with me on an evening if I want to lie down. Hubby laughs but I dont care comfort is paramount!

I'm back to work today after 9 days off. Have been productive sorted all the big stuff now. Just waiting on the furniture being delivered but have got car seats and crib and pushchair all done. So feeling bit more relaxed now it's only the small stuff to pick up a bit nearer the time. House is chaos....our kitchen gets ripped out tomorrow so will have about another 2 weeks before that is finished then they doing our bathroom. Hopefully will all be sorted by early June so can get flooring and carpets done and then finally sort the nursery out! Xx
On the sofa it makes it soo much better too :-D my OH keeps laughing at me but when he steals it he doesn’t have anything to say it’s too good !!!!

Good luck with all your home renovations! I am so happy it’s all on hold here for now after our loft conversion and baby room refurb! The rest will have to wait another two years I think and it’s such extensive building work we’re planning!

SO I have had my midwife appointment today...
seemed as useless as ever... not a friendly one for a start ! Hopefully I won’t see her again on my next appointments! She told me there’s 3 of them where I am going and that the last one I met worked on Wednesdays so I’ll try to only book it then for future appointments !
Unfortunately my next appointment is with the other one I really didn’t like on my booking appointment... she told me to stop sobbing and told me false results about my blood tests a few months ago... I can’t wait to tell her about that next time though :-D I am not going to make friends there am I...?

I showed today’s midwife the letter from the hospital that tells me to go to obstetrics clinic in July and she didn’t have a clue what this was about. I guess she didn’t even look at my notes or anything before meeting me. (I was a bit upset and I do the same kind of job in nursing, in clinics, and I always read before meeting patients!)
So she kept repeating I don’t know this is strange, you are very low risk of anything there’s no reason... said it quite a few times.
Then she found a copy of a handwritten referral made by I don’t know who in my notes (the notes that they keep, not my folder). And said oh it looks like you have been referred to a consultant clinic at the hospital because of the shape of your womb!
(I am known to have a bicornuate uterus and have mentioned it from my first appointment to every single healthcare professional I met in the past six months!)

So I believe none of them seemed to think it could be a problem so didn’t tell anybody until the staff at the other hospital noticed it and referred me to their own doctors !!!!
I am under midwifes from one trust but have asked to have my baby at a different trust as I work there. They have very different vision of care apparently... ones being not bothered, others referring me to consultant clinic :p
And on top have no idea on how to communicate things to each other. Seems very promising!

I feel fine and not worried at all though so in a way I can’t wait for it to be over so I don’t have to deal with them anymore and they haven’t shown great professionalism so far !

I also told her I booked NCT pre natal classes and she told me off telling me the NHS ones were better AND FREE... AND MORE LOCAL...
We have lots of friends around our area and all said the nhs were rubbish and met more local people at NCT ones...

I am tired of being told off by NHS staff knowing that I am one of them and it makes me sad to imagine that’s the image they give to other patients too... :(

(Sorry for the moan, just felt like the system is letting us down and proving it’s inefficiency at the moment :( )

Sounds like you have been unlucky with your midwifes! Mine have been okay so far, but to be fair I've only had 2 fairly quick appointments, I've got my 25 week appointment on Monday.

Baby has been moving loads yesterday and today after giving me a scare on Monday/Tuesday, so relieved and enjoying feeling him a lot more now. x

Having a rough time at the moment. Suffering massively with pelvis and back pain, been signed off work for 2 weeks then on holiday and then I'm starting maternity leave early as I'm already struggling, 24 weeks tomorrow. Just getting a bit fed up with people thinking it can't be that bad, I haven't slept properly in about a week. Sorry for the rant, just need to talk to people that sort of understand. X

I suffer too, and I get so annoyed at people saying things like, yeah it does get uncomfortable.. No, not like this uncomfortable. This is constant hell! I suffered SPD in my first pregnancy to the point where I couldn't hardly walk. I couldn't get in and out the car without help, I couldn't even cross my legs, moving one leg without the other was excruciating. Rolling over in bed, I'd click right through my pelvis, and the pain would be unreal. I'd like to say it gets better, but it really doesn't. There are support bands, exercises, physio etc. Make sure you explain how painful it gets. I'm feeling it again already and I'm 24 weeks. Got tailbone pain too this time, which I didn't have last time (the joys!) it is all worth it though hey haha xxx

@Anna@work bless you must be so frustrating when it's your profession.....I'm so judgemental in shops cos of being a retail manager. Especially when I see people giving crap service and I think of some of the ridiculous complaints we get (like my jacket potato skin was too hard....but I ate it all and didn't tell anyone on the day or ask for a refund or swap for something else....but I'm telling you now via email....all in the name of feedback....grrr)

I've just got home from MW appt. My 28 week one. Ive had no growth since last appt so they have flagged me to the hospital. Was going up this evening for a monitor or trace thingy....but they the hospital phoned and said if I was happy with movements it's a scan I need really so they will be in touch within 72 hours with an appt to see me. Tbh I cant fault the NHS here they have been on the ball with everything and if anything a bit over cautious almost but having not done this before I'm just going with their guidance.

Hopefully little dinks is all ok....just maybe not having a growth spurt just yet. On a positive note my BMI has held since my booking appt so hopefully no more weight related extra checks x

Shame to read about all the bad midwife experiences and troubles with pains and discomfort, ladies. I have got off very lightly myself so far and just dreading what ailments 3rd trimester will bring. Cannot believe it starts next week! Intention is not to be annoying, but so far I've had no pains or aches, even in the pelvis area or back. The only slight discomfort I feel is the expansion of the belly and feeling of pressure at the lower belly area when I stand/walk. Sleep quality has suffered a bit, but that is it. Quite interesting how different experiences we all have. I'm 40, so would have thought my geriatric body would fail first. Well, let's see if things will be this balmy for long... A male colleague already commented yesterday that I look like I am about to pop.

We finally did some shopping last week and now are the proud owners of a pram, car seat and a baby bath. Still no changing table or cot, but undecided what would be the best option. My other half has been surfing the net for best deals on reusable nappies - it is quite amusing to watch him compare options.

What I am very happy about is that the hormone storm seems to have calmed my scalp. I used to have to wash my hair daily, because I had a proper teenage greasy scalp. Now in the 2nd timester I've be 2-3 consecutive days without washing and it is so great! Oh, I hope that effect stays after birth too.

In my 20wk scan they noted that my placenta was quite close to my cervix, which was a surprise, as previously they said that my placenta was at the top of the uterus. They said they will check if it has moved away in the 28wk scan. Has anyone else had this issue?

Just thread hopping to say I had a low placenta but it moved up later so its not an issue now. The doctor/midwife should keep an eye on it but take care you don't overdo it as I had a bleed at 24 weeks when I went a bit mad with the cleaning! I think low squats can be an issue too. Very scary but baby is fine and I'm now nearly 34 weeks.

Just thread hopping to say I had a low placenta but it moved up later so its not an issue now. The doctor/midwife should keep an eye on it but take care you don't overdo it as I had a bleed at 24 weeks when I went a bit mad with the cleaning! I think low squats can be an issue too. Very scary but baby is fine and I'm now nearly 34 weeks.

Good to know, I'll try to take it easy with squats.

Anybody suffering from odd rib “pain”?
I just feel really weird on the right side of my ribs. Doesn’t stop me from functioning but it’s just annoying really !

We are on holiday in Crete and I find it hardness to be comfortable on the sun beds :-D

Anybody suffering from odd rib “pain”?
I just feel really weird on the right side of my ribs. Doesn’t stop me from functioning but it’s just annoying really !

We are on holiday in Crete and I find it hardness to be comfortable on the sun beds :-D

Yep!!!! Usually side ribs and sometimes back of my ribs on one or both sides. Mine seems to play up when sitting in the car or in certain positions. Only relief I've found is sitting with one arm kind of behind my back on the side its hurting. Sounds weird I know but worked when driving (thankfully was my left side and my car is automatic lol)

Had my 28wk appointment and scan today, and seems that our boy is growing normally, right on chart average. 1324g was the estimated weight and my fundal measurement was 27.5cm. So can alleviate my worry of not having gained enough weight (3-4kg up to now). The chap is taking what he needs.

Have you had any scans or measurements taken lately?

Had my 28wk appointment and scan today, and seems that our boy is growing normally, right on chart average. 1324g was the estimated weight and my fundal measurement was 27.5cm. So can alleviate my worry of not having gained enough weight (3-4kg up to now). The chap is taking what he needs.

Have you had any scans or measurements taken lately?

I am having my 28w appointment next week.
Had a bit of a scary day today with my ribs playing up and feeling sick :( so saw midwife and gp. Conclusion is that all is fine though so I can breathe again!

Well done you for the weight gain though’ !!!
I was at 5kg last week... and came back from our holidays on Sunday where we had unlimited food.... and have now gained a grand total of 7.5kg hahahaha I hope it stays that way for a while now as this is much more than I anticipated. !!!!

I don’t think I’ll be offered any more scans unless the consultant I’ll meet in early July request one. I hope so :-D I wonder how big she must look by now !

I am having my 28w appointment next week.
Had a bit of a scary day today with my ribs playing up and feeling sick :( so saw midwife and gp. Conclusion is that all is fine though so I can breathe again!

Well done you for the weight gain though’ !!!
I was at 5kg last week... and came back from our holidays on Sunday where we had unlimited food.... and have now gained a grand total of 7.5kg hahahaha I hope it stays that way for a while now as this is much more than I anticipated. !!!!

I don’t think I’ll be offered any more scans unless the consultant I’ll meet in early July request one. I hope so :-D I wonder how big she must look by now !

Sorry to hear of your rib troubles. I was told that our baby is hanging around head down, which means that he is kicking upwards. Maybe yours is kicking your ribs? Or then it is just the uterus pushing everything up and forcing ribs to expand.

7.5kg is still fine. Some holiday treats are allowed!

Yes I think I’ll just eat very healthy food for the next few days !!!
Baby is all ovvvvver the place here! She had her head up earlier. Then was sideways on the afternoon and I managed to just feel her head down left kicking me up on the right side just now !
She’s enjoying the space while there still is some I guess

It’s one of the first times today when I thought “awww I really want to meet her little face !”

Think I'm with the wiggly baby crew. Baby has gone from breech to fairly head down...to im convinced sideways at the moment cos the stretching has been so uncomfortable last couple of days.

Turning over in bed was agony last night. Not just the turning but whichever side I lie on I felt like I was getting dug in the ribs or hips.

Pretty much in the sleep cycle now of 10pm bestime...12pm wake up...2/4am wake up then 6am done for the night. Maybe I'm already in night feed mode lol

I thought tri3 was 28 weeks :-D
For the first time in the past few days I thought I wonder how our little baby’s face will look like! It’s so exciting.
3 more months feel so long’ but so short at the same time. Thinking we went through so much already is amazing !

Are you having baby showers ? And if so when are you planning it ?

I am having 2 baby showers due to family dynamics. One is on July 6th. Not sure about the other as my best mate is organising

Well me being technically due on the 30th July (which was pulled forward from 4th Aug at dating scan) I'm def tri 3. Only 9 weeks to go!

House is in bits....hopefully should complete works in next 3 weeks. Cant wair as nesting is starting to kick in and I'm dying to get everything organised in its little place. But having to suppress the urge a little longer.

Hope u all keeping well. I'm getting odd day where I'm floored but generally ticking along ok really. Thought I would be a swollen whale by now but cooing surprisingly well so far x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back