Are you going to bottle or BREAST feed?????

Natural mamma

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how many of you mums to be are going to bottle feed and how many are going to breast feed....please state your reasons for your decision.... :hug:

Im going to try and breast feed for 6 months. I want to provide the best for my baby, its cheaper and easier than bottle feeding and I hope to lose some of the weight ive put on :pray:

However im a bit worried i might find it too sore, i cant touch my nipples at the moment as they are so sore and sensetive :(

i am going to breastfeed, hopefully for around 10 months like i did with millie

Im going to try and breast feed for 6 months. I want to provide the best for my baby, its cheaper and easier than bottle feeding and I hope to lose some of the weight ive put on Pray

However im a bit worried i might find it too sore, i cant touch my nipples at the moment as they are so sore and sensetive

This is normal....try walking around at home with no bra on as the fabric of your clothes rubs on them and toughens your nipples up....

Your boobs may well get sore and cracked but it only lasts a couple of weeks and then it passes...please pm if need any advice or support xxxx :hug:

I want to breast feed mainly because i wanted to with my first but was so poorly i wasn't able to :(
This is going to be my last baby so i would love to give him the best start.
Fingers crossed, i want to be able to do it for the first year as i wouldn't see the point of getting to say 6months and then using formula till a year old when you change them onto cows milk :think:

im going to bottlefeed. still unsure of what formula to use yet tho, was thinkin of using aptamil as many others have recommended but aint certain yet.

xxxx

I'm going to bottle feed. I know I should breast feed but I've had long enough to think about it and my mind is made up.

Im going to express into a bottle as i cant see myself breastfeeding with my breasts being the way they are.....I will try to feed my child latched on to my breast but after last time with first baby im not so sure.

I'm gonna give breastfeeding a try as it's cheaper and easier, and has the best nutrition for baby. If I can't figure it out or it hurts, I'll just keep trying.

You ladies that are going to bottle feed what reason is their for you to bottleffeed......i'm curious...is it so someone else can help with the baby and its not all down to you?????? Is it due to your family none of them did so your not...is it because it makes you feel un -comfortable????

And mrs tommo...i has terrible probs feeding my first and no support (one of my nipples was so cracked that it literally was not there anymore) but i had none of this with my second it was a breeze...oh and the problems with my first were due to him not being latched on and having no one around to help correct me.....he nipple sucked

Natural mamma said:
Hi i was wondering how many of you mums to be are going to bottle feed and how many are going to breast feed....please state your reasons for your decision.... :hug:

hehe i was the one asking this a year ago! :D

hope you all going to try it at least! :hug:

Believe me I would love to have my baby latched on, but my boobs are horrendously big and saggy and i had problems feeding my last child because i had to support my boobs and my baby, not easy doing both!

not easy but never the less POSSIBLE :D

Im going to bottle feed , me and DH have choosen aptamil cause we have heard brill reveiws about it .

We've gone with some new bottles that have just came out called "vital baby" they are recommended by consultants and Paediatricians .

Vital baby also do other things like soothers , drinking cup and weaning products.

The reason i have chose to bottle feed is due to a medical reason , not only because i have a medical condition but because it never did me or my DH any harm been bottle feed .

i am bottle feeding becus i weighed up pros and cons of both nd decided its still best for me. i never considered breast with my daughter but this time i have considered it and its not for me. i would not feel comfy doing it in public becus of personal issues and also my mum would like to have baby as much as possible to help out and this could make it hard to breast feed. i want my OH involved as much as possible also (especially night feeds as he copes better without sleep) and bottle feeding allows for this.
i am thankful for this site becus without it i wouldnt have been able to consider breastfeeding becus i feel i hv no support. my mum bottle fed so admitted she knew nothing about breast and my mw doesnt seem to care or has not give me any advice. so i am thankful to all those who offered support if i did breastfeed and who gave me advice on pros and cons.
:)

xxxxxxx

Are you going to bottle feed or BREAST feed?????

Is that a leading question? :|

I am hoping to breast feed, but I don't think asking pregnant women to give reasons for their choice is actually very helpful (a friend of mine was driven to the edge of despair by questions from the 'tut-tut' brigade when she was unable to breast feed her baby.) There are many things in this world which are good and admirable and virtuous that just don't need ramming down people's throats. I, and nearly every woman I have talked to about it, feel that breastfeeding is the obvious first choice, but that you aren't somehow subhuman if you bottle feed. While I applaud all women's right to feed their own baby however they want to, tickers and avatars that scream 'booby fed!' do give me a feeling of disquiet - not because I don't like to see women breast feeding, but because I don't like fanatics.

ive had a long time to decide and im going to bottle feed. i want my OH to be involved with feeding as much as poss before he goes back to work. close body contact. i my consider breast with the next.
xnatx

When I get pregnant I hope to breast feed again - I only got to about 5 1/2 months with my daughter and I just couldn't do it anymore.
I was sore, was sick of leaking and just felt bad when I thought of feeding her.

I am determined to get it right this time :)

I do feel that all babies should be breast fed, BUT those on formula can still be happy and healthy.
I quite enjoy seeing the blinkies etc about breast feeding - it is an achievement people should be proud of - I know it's not always easy to do so congrats those that do!

(PS Mayday - there are some formula fed blinkies about aswell - it's not about fanaticism(sp) more about snazzing up your sig with relevant things!!!)

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to feed my baby. Its down to personal choice and for me my baby will be bottle fed. I was bottle fed, as was most of my family members. I just wouldnt feel comfortable breastfeeding, and would like my partner to be involved as much as possible with feeding too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back