Has everyone decided on feeding?

Emma58

Reaction score
Do you all know whether you will be breast feeding or bottle feeding.

I have been sure that I am going to Breast feed but then I keep wondering whether I should bottle feed instead.

Just wondered if everyone else was definite in their choice.

i am definitely planning on breast feeding. i know it might not work out as i plan, but i really want to give it my best shot for as long as possible (at least 6 months if i can). its what these boobies were made for after all :lol:

If all goes well then breastfeeding for as long as I can, at least till 6 months.

If I am unable to breast feed for some reason then I shall resort to bottle but am far from keen.

Pretty sure that I won't be able to breast feed, as I had a breast reduction 12 years ago :(

So.. I will be on the bottle... well.. I mean... ahem..... that the baby will be. :)

x

I am planning to breast feed, but I am prepared for the fact that it may be too difficult, in which case I will happily bottle feed.

I am determined to breast feed until 1 year. I have seen other people really struggle though and tie themselves in knots. I will bottle feed if me or baby isn't happy, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I am fully planning on breast feeding but i am prepared to bottle feed if needed. My cousin was planning on breast feeding but the baby wouldn't latch on and she had no way of feeding it so had to get her DH to do a run to the shops and get everything that was needed! I learnt from her so although i plan to breast feed i have everything i need for bottle feeding x

I'm still undecided, I know breast is best but i'm not sure whether its best for me... My nips and boobs have been constantly sore during pregnancy and i'm just not sure i'll be fully comfortable breast feeding. I've never been one for getting my boobs out in public and even in front of close family I'm sure i'd feel too embarrassed to just whip them out. I know that sounds terrible. :(

I dont want to let baby down by not giving him the best tho, I'd also feel that i'd be letting hubby down if I dont breast feed (he says he's happy to go along with what I want) but i'd feel that i'm not giving his baby the best possible start.

I've bought a breast pump and bottles and some sma gold milk some i'm fully prepared to do either tho.

def want to breast feed. first few days hardest but worth it. there is a super nipple cream on market m/w gave me some with daughter now 2 which really help. in a purple tube know mothercare do it will now what one it is as costs £9.99 but really works.

marie x
35+3

Same as most of us, I'm going to try my best at breast feeding and will refuse to feel guilty about switching to the bottle if I just can't (for whatever reason) manage to make it work for us both. My midwives are of the breed where bottle feeding is a dirty word and they clap and smile like loons when you say you;re going to try breastfeeding :shock:

My midwife hasn't asked me about feeding yet.

I guess I'm worrying because when I had George I only managed to BF for a few days and then had to stop because my boobs were a mess. Turned out the Midwife hadn't shown me how to get him to latch on properly.
I thinking i'm worrying to much about it, I am going to try to BF and not work myself up too much if it doesn't work how i expect.

I am planning to breast feed for at least 6 months as I did the other 3 - only stopped with them because a) they had teeth and kept biting and b) I wanted periods back so I could ttc again - this is definitely my last so as long as she keeps her gnashers to herself wont have to stop

having fed 3 I should feel confident but I still dont - breast feeding IS difficult, can be painful and is definitely not an easy solution - if you do decide to feed and are having difficulties make sure you get support - even if it is support to make the decision to switch to bottles - you need to feel right about what you are doing for YOUR baby and not feel pressurized into anything. I found my midwives in hospital and at home next to useless when it came to breastfeeding support - but used the NCT helpline I had been given (despite not being a member of NCT) and got the most wonderful support from them - sorry didnt mean to type an essay :lol:

nikkimitch said:
and b) I wanted periods back so I could ttc again

breast feeding affects this?? :shock:

I'm planning on breast feeding for 6 months, the bottle feeding expressed milk coz I'm back to work part time then.

I went to the breastfeeding workshops at our hospital and they were great for showing you how to latch baby on right so it's not painful and so on.

Still have bottles, pump and sterilizer just in case though!

Total breastfeeding can work as a (not very reliable) contraceptive by inhibiting ovulation and hence no periods - after 6 months when you introduce other foods the effect starts to reduce but with each of mine I didnt have periods until I had stopped breat feeding completely. Number 2 was conceived after the first period and number 3 too whereas number 4 took nearly 3 years!!! not quite to plan but worth the wait :)

i will be bottle feeding only
although i do have a breast pump on order as it was cheap and if he doesnt have my allergys to dairy then i *might* give him a breastmilk bottle a day or something
manda xx

Im bottle feeding...i didnt get on with breastfeeding 1st time around and was willing to give it a go this time till we found out it was 2...depending how i feel i may give them their 1st feed off me...i feel guilty not giving breast feeding a proper go but physically i dont think i would be able to do it with 2 of them!

Hopefully breast, I did with my youngest daughter for about 18 months, but with my first 3 I bottle fed as I went back to work really quick after having them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back