April mummies!!

I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since my BFP :( last week I was so full of energy but this week has dragged by but after 6pm today I'm on holiday for a week! Phew! :) Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! xx

I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since my BFP :( last week I was so full of energy but this week has dragged by but after 6pm today I'm on holiday for a week! Phew! :) Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! xx

Me too! I've been off this week so back to work on Monday but I have been waking up at least twice at night time to either go to the toilet or the cat keeps meowing at me!xx

Yep, same here! My OH is currently leaving for work at 2.30 am and before he even gets up I'm wide awake! Oh cats, I've got two who think it's brilliant me being awake in the middle of the night, lol. Hopefully you get some rest this weekend before back to work! Xx

I've got a week off at the end of august and so i am literally counting down the days!!! My dog has been more clingy this week (perhaps she senses something?!) and she keeps sneaking into bed in the middle of the night and curling up against me which makes me even hotter!! Definitely need to make sure she doesnt get into the habit of doing that! I woke up in the early hours of this morning to find her literally spooning me with her front paw around my shoulder lol!
Xxx

I'm 30, OH is 35 and we've been together 10 years in November. We're engaged but not married, would be nice to do things in the traditional way but we've still got bits to do in our house. We decided to start ttc last June, as it might get harder to have a child as I get older and we can get married anytime!

Still hasn't really completely sunk in yet and I don't think it will for a little while! Xx

Yeh you can get married anytime- and now you'll have a cute little page boy / flower girl there too! Xxx

I've got a week off at the end of august and so i am literally counting down the days!!! My dog has been more clingy this week (perhaps she senses something?!) and she keeps sneaking into bed in the middle of the night and curling up against me which makes me even hotter!! Definitely need to make sure she doesnt get into the habit of doing that! I woke up in the early hours of this morning to find her literally spooning me with her front paw around my shoulder lol!
Xxx

Lol how cute! Call me nuts but I do think animals can sense a change! I said that to OH a couple of nights ago because one of the cats keep laying his head on my belly and going to sleep and he's never done that before. Maybe I'm just a typical crazy cat woman??

How's everyone doing today? Didn't feel like breakfast this morning- I'm not really nauseous, just don't feel like eating. Off to work again in a few mins, worst luck. At least it's Friday though!!
Slept really badly last night... Think I might get my pregnancy pillow back out!
Xxx

I'm really good, feeling super happy apart from I keep shouting at loved ones, which is upsetting me a but but as the days have gone on in learning to control it as I know its the pregnancy rage some people have spoken about and that my hormones are all over the place. I gave up smoking in September and the day I got my bfp I decided to ditch the losengers so I have been without my nicotine which could be half the reason. I too have no appetite in the morning I've just forced a small bowl of cereal down me as fruit is not at all appealing to me but I will force some down when my appetite comes with a vengeance at about 2 o'clock and doesen stop!!!
Now im controlling moods a bit better I am very happy, it was ruining it a bit for me as I was upsetting everyone x

Last edited:
How's everyone doing today? Didn't feel like breakfast this morning- I'm not really nauseous, just don't feel like eating. Off to work again in a few mins, worst luck. At least it's Friday though!!
Slept really badly last night... Think I might get my pregnancy pillow back out!
Xxx

I'm really good, feeling super happy apart from I keep shouting at loved ones, which is upsetting me a but but as the days have gone on in learning to control it as I know its the pregnancy rage some people have spoken about and that my hormones are all over the place. I gave up smoking in September and the day I got my bfp I decided to ditch the losengers so I have been without my nicotine which could be half the reason. I too have no appetite in the morning I've just forced a small bowl of cereal down me as fruit it not at all appealing I me but I will force some down when my appetite comes with a vengeance at about 2 o'clock and doesen stop!!!
Now in controlling moods a bit better I am very happy it was ruining it a bit for me as I was upsetting everyone x

Ah yeh at the start of the week i was in a right mood too- god knows what our new neighbours thought when they heard me screaming at hubby for not doing the washing up!! Im trying to keep calm now i know why im feeling that way too though. Lots of deep breaths!!
Well done for giving up smoking and the lozengers! Not an easy task- I've never been a smoker but one of my best friends is and he's having a helluva job trying to give it up.
Xxx

Ohhh see Im the opposite... I noticed yesterday and this morning if I didnt eat for awhile I felt abit funny. Could this be the start of feeling nausea?

Im having a mini celebration im 4+1 today :D

hello, newbie here would love to join you ladies :)

I'm Louise, i'm 41 from Kent, I actually work in Central London and have to commute every day...something I amnot looking forward to as time goes on.
Been ttc for a while, I was so worried it wouldn't happen for me because of my age. When i saw my doc in June she sent me for blood test, also had a cervical smear (horrnedous)and an overall health check. Everything came back great, mt levels were all good, i think that worried me even more as if nothing was wrong with me whay wasn't i getting pregnant.... low and behold the very next month i got my bfp!! Cant beleive it, still in shock but over the moon. I've told one of my close friends as she knew i was trying and she just had a baby last week!

I am 4 weeks and 6 days, due date should be 6th April I think.... No symptoms so far other than slightly tender boobs, my appetite must be fine as i am currently sat eating a big fat almond croissant lol. I do seem to have pg brain already as I reversed my car into a metal bollard on wed instead of putting it into drive....ooops nice big dent there!!! :( Look forward to chatting more.

p.s how do you get the 'tickers' at the bottom of the screens?? think thats what they are called....i am rather clueless!

Morning ladies,

I'm beginning to worry - all I seem to be doing is eating!! This isn't me at all as I don't have a big appetite! Iv done this week's shopping online so I have ordered more fruit than normal so I can chop it up and have it prepared in the fridge for when the munchies attack! My best friend came round last night after I told her and I was moaning to her about the amount of food im eating. She is naturally a size 8-10 and told me that she was the same with her 2 and told me that if your baby and body is telling me to eat then you eat. I said that im trying to be good and eat fruit but its carbs that im really wanting. To which she said - "Just bloody eat them cos you'll eat the fruit but then your body will still tell you to eat what you are really wanting!" This is what's shocking me - the sheer amount im wanting to eat!

Its such a weird time. Is anyone else a little worried about this stage in pregnancy?
xx

Yeh i tend to find i am really hungry in the afternoons and evenings but not hungry at all in the mornings.
I was the same when i was pregnant in may/June and ended up putting on weight which i haven't lost yet, so i am already starting from a heavier weight than i was before!
Im not going to stress though- we may find in a few weeks we are too sick to eat, plus there will be plenty of time to diet once we've had our babies.
Im quite calm at the moment but i know when i get to the point where i lost it last time ill be stressing about everything. xxx

I'm Louise, i'm 41 from Kent, I actually work in Central London and have to commute every day...something I amnot looking forward to as time goes on.
Been ttc for a while, I was so worried it wouldn't happen for me because of my age. When i saw my doc in June she sent me for blood test, also had a cervical smear (horrnedous)and an overall health check. Everything came back great, mt levels were all good, i think that worried me even more as if nothing was wrong with me whay wasn't i getting pregnant.... low and behold the very next month i got my bfp!! Cant beleive it, still in shock but over the moon. I've told one of my close friends as she knew i was trying and she just had a baby last week!

I am 4 weeks and 6 days, due date should be 6th April I think.... No symptoms so far other than slightly tender boobs, my appetite must be fine as i am currently sat eating a big fat almond croissant lol. I do seem to have pg brain already as I reversed my car into a metal bollard on wed instead of putting it into drive....ooops nice big dent there!!! :( Look forward to chatting more.

p.s how do you get the 'tickers' at the bottom of the screens?? think thats what they are called....i am rather clueless!

Hiya and welcome to team bump!!
Massive congrats on getting your bfp :) and oops about the car!! Ha. I feel out of it too at the moment but i can't use pregnancy brain as an excuse to people- will be good once we are in tri 2 and can use it as an excuse for everything!

If you find a ticker that you like the look of, click on it and it will take you to the site where you can make your own. Use the bb code not the html code when transferring it to your Sig xxx

Morning ladies,

I'm beginning to worry - all I seem to be doing is eating!! This isn't me at all as I don't have a big appetite! Iv done this week's shopping online so I have ordered more fruit than normal so I can chop it up and have it prepared in the fridge for when the munchies attack! My best friend came round last night after I told her and I was moaning to her about the amount of food im eating. She is naturally a size 8-10 and told me that she was the same with her 2 and told me that if your baby and body is telling me to eat then you eat. I said that im trying to be good and eat fruit but its carbs that im really wanting. To which she said - "Just bloody eat them cos you'll eat the fruit but then your body will still tell you to eat what you are really wanting!" This is what's shocking me - the sheer amount im wanting to eat!

Its such a weird time. Is anyone else a little worried about this stage in pregnancy?
xx
Yes I am worried! I have just lost a stone with slimming world and don't get me wrong I am totally going to embrace the change in my body and my bump but I don't want EXCESS weight. My appetite is nil in the mornings I have to force things down but in the afternoon and especially evenings I am ravenous and as you said it had to be carbs,fruit just isn't doing it and isn't appetising at all. My appetite in the evening can't be satisfied and that's how I know it is a real symptom and not my imagination as I always thought that of people. I just thought they were using any excuse to eat as I didn't have it with my other pregnancies but this is most definitely not imagination I NEED CARBS!!! X

Thank god I ain't the only one ladies! last nite Weetabix and an orange didn't cut it-hence the chip fest at 10pm. And I was still hungry when I woke up!
I feel calm enough but got that horrible wee nasty thought at the back of my mind.

Xxx

Hiya and welcome to team bump!!
Massive congrats on getting your bfp :) and oops about the car!! Ha. I feel out of it too at the moment but i can't use pregnancy brain as an excuse to people- will be good once we are in tri 2 and can use it as an excuse for everything!

If you find a ticker that you like the look of, click on it and it will take you to the site where you can make your own. Use the bb code not the html code when transferring it to your Sig xxx

Thankyou! I managed to find the tickers but no idea how to transfer it here?? sorry if I'm being a bit simple.... :oooo:

Hi stacie welcome!

U have to copy and paste the ticker url address into the signature section in your user cp.
Xx

Hi stacie welcome!

U have to copy and paste the ticker url address into the signature section in your user cp.
Xx

Thankyou mrs nel :) x

I've gone to the user cp but cant see anything there that says about signature...? only avatars!! :wall2: ??

Hi stacie welcome!

Xx

I've gone to the user cp but cant see anything there that says about signature...? only avatars!! :wall2: ??

Aaahh this will because you haven't done enough posts on the forum yet to qualify for a signature. Get posted. :)

Hi stacie welcome!

Xx

Aaahh this will because you haven't done enough posts on the forum yet to qualify for a signature. Get posted. :)

Ah so I'm not going crazy then! (well yet anyway). Thankyou. I wonder how many pots before i get a signature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back