April mummies!!

EPU - Early preg unit?

Cool, the first day of my last period was four weeks ago today, making me 4 weeks pregnant? Even though I ovulated 2 weeks ago today? Do I sound proper thick?
x

The midwife will count from the first day of your last period rather than your ov date. That's why sometimes at the 12 week scan people are put forward or back. It's just an estimate just now and you'll get your due date at your 12 week scan.

EPU - Early preg unit?

Cool, the first day of my last period was four weeks ago today, making me 4 weeks pregnant? Even though I ovulated 2 weeks ago today? Do I sound proper thick?
x

Yeah that's right hon x x

My epu are really lovely and luckily said i could contact them next time i was pregnant at around the 6wk point for a scan. Going to wait til 7wks to go i think.
Have you phoned your doc yet? I am going to pop to the surgery tomorrow afternoon i think just to see if i need to book an appt. Xxx

Aahh thats nice. The EPU at my local hospital require a referral and thats only if there is something wrong that you need checking for.

Nahh I went to my GP last time and all they did was make sure I'm taking my folic acid, made a note on my notes and sent me on my way with a leaflet and asked me to book an appt to with the Midwife for my booking in appt. Going to do that tonight :)

Ah right i didn't have a doc appt last time as we were in the middle of moving house and by the time we'd moved they just booked my with the midwife straight away instead of having a doc appt first. Xxx

I cant get my ticker to upload!!

Its uploaded now :) makes it feel more official doesn't it! Can't upload mine from my phone so got to wait til i get home.
Really haven't got anything done in work today!!! Xxx

Its so weird! Iv been a right tired girl today. I don't blame you Naomi, im off on holiday for another 2 weeks but I know if I was at work id get nothing done! The kids would be choosing all day!

xx

I know that feeling. I have to make myself do something at work at the moment... and it gets worse when I get home.. I'm studying as well and I cant be bothered when I get in.

Mrs Nel - we are both 4 weeks and due 10/4/13 :)

Haha Lura I think SCN is also due on that date!!

I'm the day before, so if all goes to plan I can come on here and freak you all out about labour once I'm done! Ha.

Come on 5 o'clock!!! Xxx

Just been to the doctors for my midwife pack. When I rang and explained I had a positive test, the receptionist said I didn't need to see the doctor, they just refer you to the midwives straight away. I thought the doctor had to do some kind of test to confirm?xx

Nope, preg tests are so good these days they don't need a second test, they just take your word for it xxx

Iv to take a urine sample with me on Tuesday! ! X

Do you?? Guess there must be different procedures depending on what surgery you go to then! X

Have they given you a cup or are you having to find something in the house to pee in to take??!! Xx

Can I join you too?!! I think I'm about 4 weeks

A few of you I know from the ttc thread, but thought we could do a proper introduction, as team bump is growing by the hour!!

I'm Naomi, I live in South Wales with my lovely husband simon and our cavalier King Charles spaniel called Lola. I'll be 25 in October (around about the time we'll be able to tell people our news!!) and hubby is 35. I am a childcare business development officer for the local authority, which is a fancy way of saying i provide advice and support for childcare settings.

This will be our first baby and we are incredibly excited about being parents. We got married in may last year, and we moved house in may this year so are currently painting etc. we've picked out which room will be the nursery but not going to decorate it til much nearer the time!!
We've decided not to tell anyone about being pregnant as a bit cautious after our previous loss. Can't wait to get to the point where we can tell our parents though!!

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all!! Xxx

Afternoon ladies. Can I join you?

I think I'm due 7th April. This will be baby number 2 for me. I went back to work full time on maternity after 10 months. Day before I went back I found out i was pregnant again!

I'm very excited if not slightly scared to have two under two year olds!

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Xx

A few of you I know from the ttc thread, but thought we could do a proper introduction, as team bump is growing by the hour!!

I'm Naomi, I live in South Wales with my lovely husband simon and our cavalier King Charles spaniel called Lola. I'll be 25 in October (around about the time we'll be able to tell people our news!!) and hubby is 35. I am a childcare business development officer for the local authority, which is a fancy way of saying i provide advice and support for childcare settings.

This will be our first baby and we are incredibly excited about being parents. We got married in may last year, and we moved house in may this year so are currently painting etc. we've picked out which room will be the nursery but not going to decorate it til much nearer the time!!
We've decided not to tell anyone about being pregnant as a bit cautious after our previous loss. Can't wait to get to the point where we can tell our parents though!!

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all!! Xxx

Hi Naomi, my names Becca and I'm in my twenties and live with my partner and our two cats! I'm a senior administrator and do some bits and pieces in basic nursing for a GP practice.

This is my first baby but my partner has 2 girls from a previous relationship but we are both so excited as we've been talking about this for what seems an age! We've told our parents + that's it so far. I''m still shell-shocked and can't believe I'm really PG and doubt I will until my scan really!

Like all your ladies, I've been struggling to do my work since I found out - I keep sneaking away to log on here!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back