April mummies!!

My turn! :D

Im Laura and Im in my twenties too. I am a Medical Secretary in a mental health hospital and currently doing my Access course from home as I hope to go to Uni in the next few years to become a Midwife as its always been a passion of mine.

Ive been with my partner 3 years and lived together 2. We have recently bought our house together in May this year.

This is my second time being pregnant, first time resulting in a MC and so we took 8 months off and got pregnant 2 month trying. Dead shocked!

Just booked my booking in appt with Midwife too for 2 Sept. ill be 9 weeks exactly. :)

Hi ladies
Im lynne and im 29. Iv been with my hubby for 8 years and married for 2 of them. We have been ttc for 15 months so were totally shocked to find out on Tuesday that we r pregnant! Its baby number 1 for us and we are due in April. Im a primary school teacher and love my job!

Naomi iv just to go into the surgery 10 minutes early before my appointment and pick up a test cup. However il prob go in and pick 1 up on Monday as I hate the toilets in the surgery.

Lynne
Xxx

For those who don't know me
I'm Karen, I'm 39 and been with my DH for 12 years, married for 1. DH is 49 and has 3 grown up children from a previous marriage. I came off the pill at the end of April last year and we were delighted to fall pregnant Oct 12 but it sadly ended in mc at 5weeks. We fell again in Jan 13 and things were progressing nicely until we found out that our baby had died at 13 weeks 2 days. I was induced a few days later and delivered a baby boy 7th April. We later found out that he had a chromosome abnormality and after a long wait, we found out that we were chromosomaly ok and we started trying again in June. Second cycle trying and here we are!!!!
Praying that it is 3rd time lucky for us xx

Lovely to hear everyone's back stories- seems a few of us have had a bit of rough luck, but hopefully we will bring each other luck this time and we'll all be mummies by Easter 2014! Xxx

Not technically an April mummy as I'm due 23rd March, but if I'm overdue I could be an April mum! :lol: Congratulations to all! X

Urgh I've got majorly bad heart burn tonight!

Are/have any of you ladies done anything to celebrate your bfp? We are being cautious but did do a night out at the cinema tonight in sort of celebration. Watched the heat which was reeeeally funny! Xxx

Aww so happy for all my ttc friends keep my seat warm please for 3rd time lucky!! Xxx

We've got a seat ready and waiting for you hun :) xxx

So excited and pleased for you Naomi! I'm not a massively emotional person but I nearly cried when I saw your message to me - such amazing news! You know where I am if you need help through the weeks, I've pretty much experienced everything! Xxx

Thanks so much jules! Means a lot that you've been there for me :) just so happy to be back in tri 1!
Will definitely be coming to you for tips on dealing with sickness etc!! Xxx

April mummy here.. :)

*waving at everyone*

I'm 35. A quantity surveyor/construction project manager. Married for almost 4 years, hubby & I have been trying to have a baby for as long! One MC along the way. Pray this is a sticky!
P.S- haven't read the whole thread posts, so so busy with work. Just glad to be rocking the same boat. :) :)

Xx

Last edited:
Ladies im feeling rotten. Couldn't stomach dinner-bangers n mash so hubby brought me in some chips as I stupidly said im hungry and that's wot I fancy. I ate half and now im bloated and gassy!! Got pains in my tummy too!

Xx

Ladies im feeling rotten. Couldn't stomach dinner-bangers n mash so hubby brought me in some chips as I stupidly said im hungry and that's wot I fancy. I ate half and now im bloated and gassy!! Got pains in my tummy too!

Xx

Aww try and get some sleep maybe and you might feel better in the morning? I've felt really bloated too even before eating and eating has made it worse. Xxx

April mummy here.. :)

*waving at everyone*

I'm 35. A quantity surveyor/construction project manager. Married for almost 4 years, hubby & I have been trying to have a baby for as long! One MC along the way. Pray this is a sticky!
P.S- haven't read the whole thread posts, so so busy with work. Just glad to be rocking the same boat. :) :)

Xx

Hiya!! Welcome to team bump! Plenty of us to talk to now and hopefully we will all be able to go through the 9months together :) xxx

How's everyone doing today? Didn't feel like breakfast this morning- I'm not really nauseous, just don't feel like eating. Off to work again in a few mins, worst luck. At least it's Friday though!!
Slept really badly last night... Think I might get my pregnancy pillow back out!
Xxx

Ohhh bless you hun! Im glad Im off today I slept crap cos the heat. I got a headache too :(

I'm 30, OH is 35 and we've been together 10 years in November. We're engaged but not married, would be nice to do things in the traditional way but we've still got bits to do in our house. We decided to start ttc last June, as it might get harder to have a child as I get older and we can get married anytime!

Still hasn't really completely sunk in yet and I don't think it will for a little while! Xx

Only just seen this thread, so pleased to see you back here naomi.

Congratulations to everyone else.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back