Am I going to lose this baby too???

keepontrying

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks pregnant today with a history of MMC's. I have been having weekly scans and baby is appearing fine on each one (however not really that reassurring as I have seen HB with other pregnancies) I have never bled or had pain with any of previous losses and only find out through scans and then go on to have ERPC procedures.

Last night I went for a wee and when I wiped there was a smear of red blood - I panicked!!!!! All day I had felt like I was going to come on my period - heavy feeling low at front and achey back but no real cramping.
I went to my local EPAU and after a wait had an internal scan - Nugget was fine and my partner saw them moving which was wonderful. The probe had some brown blood on it when the scanner removed it and we have been told we are having a threatened miscarriage but there is simply nothing anyone can do.

This morning I have awoken and gone to the toilet where I lost more brown blood (this time it fell out as opposed to me just wiping) I have a back ache and cramps in my stomach. I started amoxicillin (antibiotic) yesterday for a water infection and also have had sever diarrhea this morning - Im wondering wether its related to these tablets???

Im petrified that I am going to lose this baby too, I have so far passed my own markers of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 weeks whereby I have lost before and only have 4 days till I pass the last one of 10.5 wks so was feeling prob the most positive I have yet.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and what was the result - Even it it was a MC I would rather know so that I can try and mentally prepare for the heartbreak that would be impending.:cry:

Thanks xx

Hi hun. I would just keep an eye on the bleeding over the day and if it gets worse ring your midwife or epu. I am praying that your going to be ok. Try rest, but maybe the anitbiotics may be getting rid of the brown blood? Im under the impression that brown is old blood anyway and not to worry too much. Sorry if im rambeling. Keep us updated. Thinking of you xxxxxx

Everything crossed for you Hun.

Is this the furthest you have got in pregnancy? If you have seen the baby yesterday and everything was fine try to take comfort in that. It could just be one of those things.

Thank you! The Doc did say it was old blood... but how old does it have to be for it to be brown???? Oh my mind is whirring!!!! I had some worse cramps after the scan (it was internal and nugget was shrugging it away!) there was much more blood this morning than on his probe - would it have bled last night then turned brown??????

Im a bloody (no pun intended) wreck!

You poor thing, fingers crossed that your little bean is hanging in there and the bleeding is just it bedding in!!
xxx

Everything crossed for you Hun.

Is this the furthest you have got in pregnancy? If you have seen the baby yesterday and everything was fine try to take comfort in that. It could just be one of those things.
The furthest was 10 and half weeks, but I didnt find out till my scan at 13 and half weeks.... so my little nugget is second in the running right now!!! I am so desperate for this baby to fight through... I am so in love with my partner and he is so in love with me and teh baby that I dont want to break his heart :cry:

No if u bled last night, it wouldnt turn brown by today. Brown blood is weeks old hun. when i mc my blood was bright red. Im not expert but will do what i can to help you. Im going to work soon but pm me if you need anything. I will be thinking about u today and keeping my fingers crossed for u xxxxx

No if u bled last night, it wouldnt turn brown by today. Brown blood is weeks old hun. when i mc my blood was bright red. Im not expert but will do what i can to help you. Im going to work soon but pm me if you need anything. I will be thinking about u today and keeping my fingers crossed for u xxxxx

Thank you so much, the support here is amazing considering that we are all strangers in person. Im welling up xxxxxx

Oh keep on,
Really sorry you are going through this, can imagine how worried and anxious you must be feeling.
I have had two MMC to just like you - only confirmed in a scan.
So no advice but just wanted to let you know that I am rooting for you and really, really, really hope everything is ok this time.
Like the girls have said you saw the HB yesterday, and brown blood is old blood so take some comfort in that. Baby is ok right now.
I dont know about the tablets and upsetting your tummy but they could well of.
What have they told you to do??
Really hope bleeding stops.
Keep us informed of whats happening.
So so hope all is ok. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh keep on,
Really sorry you are going through this, can imagine how worried and anxious you must be feeling.
I have had two MMC to just like you - only confirmed in a scan.
So no advice but just wanted to let you know that I am rooting for you and really, really, really hope everything is ok this time.
Like the girls have said you saw the HB yesterday, and brown blood is old blood so take some comfort in that. Baby is ok right now.
I dont know about the tablets and upsetting your tummy but they could well of.
What have they told you to do??
Really hope bleeding stops.
Keep us informed of whats happening.
So so hope all is ok. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They didnt say do anything - the doc said that there is nothing anyone can do. I am currently lying on my sofa and will stay here ALL day EVERY day if I have to.

Im hoping the cramps are related to my upset stomach and not my womb!!

Thanks so much guys xxxx

Didn't want to read & run, just wanted to say that I am thinking of you & sending you a ((big hug)) xxx

Bless you, Ill be back on after work (about 6pm) Thinking of you hunnie. xxxx

thinking of you hun, i had a bit of bleeding and shooting pains on friday and baby is fine, they could see no cause for the bleed on my ultrasound and just put it down to old blood, and they said the pains are probably just growing pains with everything stretching, fingers crossed for you, if you have red blood call your midwife or go straight to a and e, keep us updated xxxxx

Thats all you can do hun, and prey all will be ok.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Hun, I have a water infection too, had some pink/blood on monday and it has given me a bit of diarrhea aswell, I spent the day in hospital yesterday and finally had a scan that showed all was fine, the doc told me the diahrrea and low pains i've had are due to water infection, so this may well be the case with you, best of luck, keep us informed

Hey hun, hope you are ok, I had brown bleeding this time as did many others that I was with in tri1 at the time, like you I have history of mmc but scan showed everything ok

Hope everything works out, thinking of you.x x

Hi hun. So sorry you are going through this worry. If it helps I have had three lots of bleeding so far with this pregnancy - 2 lots of brown and 1 lot of very red period like bleeding but scans showed no reason for it and babe was fine. Hopefully the pain is your stomach and infec nothing else. We are all here for you hun. Take it easy and stay on that sofa. xxxx

You guys are amazing and this support is quite a humbling experience. I truly thank you all for taking the time to respond. Thank you so so much , I have been feeling very alone throughout this pregnancy. People just dont and cant understand unless they have experienced similar. Its nice to see that there are people who 'get it'
xxxx

I am 10 weeks pregnant today with a history of MMC's. I have been having weekly scans and baby is appearing fine on each one (however not really that reassurring as I have seen HB with other pregnancies) I have never bled or had pain with any of previous losses and only find out through scans and then go on to have ERPC procedures.

Last night I went for a wee and when I wiped there was a smear of red blood - I panicked!!!!! All day I had felt like I was going to come on my period - heavy feeling low at front and achey back but no real cramping.
I went to my local EPAU and after a wait had an internal scan - Nugget was fine and my partner saw them moving which was wonderful. The probe had some brown blood on it when the scanner removed it and we have been told we are having a threatened miscarriage but there is simply nothing anyone can do.

This morning I have awoken and gone to the toilet where I lost more brown blood (this time it fell out as opposed to me just wiping) I have a back ache and cramps in my stomach. I started amoxicillin (antibiotic) yesterday for a water infection and also have had sever diarrhea this morning - Im wondering wether its related to these tablets???

Im petrified that I am going to lose this baby too, I have so far passed my own markers of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 weeks whereby I have lost before and only have 4 days till I pass the last one of 10.5 wks so was feeling prob the most positive I have yet.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and what was the result - Even it it was a MC I would rather know so that I can try and mentally prepare for the heartbreak that would be impending.:cry:

Thanks xx

Hey hun,

I hope you don't mind me putting in my tuppence worth?

Sadly back in May my threatend miscarriage did result in an actual M/C - this does not mean your pregnancy will go the same way though. Unless you specifically wanted to know I won't post any details about my experience (I don't want you to worry any more than you already are and of course everyone is different!)

When are you due to go back to EPU? How were things left with the consultant?

I was asked to go back weekly so they could keep an eye on things.

It is an awful reality but with threatend miscarriage there truly is nothing that can be done. I spent hours on Google seeing if there was any tiny little thing I could do to help but it is a case of waiting and hoping.

You need to keep healthy, keep as calm as possible, be positive but realistic too.

I hope and pray things are OK for you

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
just wanted to say that i am thinking of you and will keep everything crossed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back