Age of your parents when you were born

My mum was 25 and my dad was 27 when they had me (oldest). They then had secondary infertility issues but eventually had my sister naturally (after failed ivf & 3 miscarriages - one of which at 13 weeks) at 33 and 35. They did go on to try and have a 3rd but after 5 more miscarriages, they decided to stop trying.

Oh's parents where 24 & 34 with him and 28 & 38 with his younger sister. I don't believe they had any fertility issues.

My Mum was 42 & my Dad 50. I was a serious afterthought. Xxx

You think you got it bad lol
My mum was 39 and my dad was 59!
Haha

My dad sadly passed Away when I was 19, I'm 26 tomorrow, mum is alive and kicking still though haha

I think a lot of older men are happy to become dads with a woman who is a bit younger, or even a lot younger!!

My birth parents were 16& 21 when I was conceived by accident, haha!

You were a surprise. Not accident well, that's what I tell myself :lol:

In was conceived when my mum was 17 and my dad was 18. They've been together since they were 12.

I conceived Jackson at 21, and this one at at 24.

xxxx

My mother wasn't allowed to keep me though as it was 1972 and she wasn't married to my father. Glad its different these days but then I wouldn't have had my lovely adoptive family!

My parents were both 25, and I am 20. I believe it is during those years that it is most easy to conceive, but I could be wrong. Good luck with having a little one xx

My mom was 35 and my dad was 56! :) My dad was born in 1912!

Hi Papermoon just saw your post, I'm 44 and we decided to stop trying to conceive in March of this year (we had started TTC in July 2012 and we had a single MMC in Dec2012 and a twin MMC in August 2013)
I saw on your ticker that you conceived your baby at 47, I was curious had you being trying for long, did you do anything in particular? It's always brilliant to see someone 40+ expecting. My AMH was 19.6 but they think it's either my egg quality or the fact that I have had a treated underactive thyroid since my early 20's.
Lots of best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy xx

Hi Papermoon just saw your post, I'm 44 and we decided to stop trying to conceive in March of this year (we had started TTC in July 2012 and we had a single MMC in Dec2012 and a twin MMC in August 2013)
I saw on your ticker that you conceived your baby at 47, I was curious had you being trying for long, did you do anything in particular? It's always brilliant to see someone 40+ expecting. My AMH was 19.6 but they think it's either my egg quality or the fact that I have had a treated underactive thyroid since my early 20's.
Lots of best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy xx

Hi Clementine thanks! :) My situation is extremely unusual and this has to be a miracle. I was a nun all my life, then recently I decided I wanted to make a lifestyle change and wanted to get married. I'm still a Christian just not a nun anymore. So I had my first experience with my OH, which was my first experience ever, 5 months ago, and tomorrow I will be 19 weeks pregnant, 1 week away from 5 months pregnant! It's because of how they calculate due date from your last period. LOL All of my friends my age have grandkids and forgot how pregnancy was because it was like 20 yrs ago for them and things were different back then. So I decided to Google pregnancy forums to have people to discuss pregnancy with and I found this board. :) I've never had any fertility testing because thankfully it all happened so fast, but for what it's worth, I've never had any kind of health problems, I don't take any kind of prescription medicine, when I go to the hospital to give birth, that will be my first time staying in a hospital for any reason ever. I've never been on birth control, didn't need it. Haha. I also look at least 10 yrs younger than my age and for the past 10 years I adopted a healthy lifestyle of no fast food or processed food, eating healthy, fruits and veggies, drinking lots of water, and exercising in the gym every day to keep my health for as long as possible. I wanted to age gracefully. LOL! So I pray every day for God to keep everything good with this pregnancy. So far everything is good. I feel baby moving every day now. I'm almost 5 months pregnant but I already look 6 months now. LOL! Don't give up, keep trying, there's always hope. :hug:

Last edited:
Both my mum and dad were 20,
It was my mums first time on christmas eve, and I was a triplet. She lost one at 8 weeks, as was told she wasn't pregnant, and didn't find out she was pregnant with twins till she was 6.5 months, and she only found that out cos she went in with a stomach ache!
She was having regular 'periods' too!
Crazy

Papermoon - wow! What a lifestyle change!

Lulla - that's crazy about your mum not knowing she was pregnant!

Some amazing stories on here! Xx

Thanks phonixgirl! :)

Love your back story Papermoon , sounds like you have a direct line with the man above :) I do believe in God and have a strong faith that God and Mother Nature knows what's best for me. For us we decided to stop trying last March, i feel we gave it our best shot and it was starting to feel like after 4 years TTC we had gone down a rabbit hole with no escape. I removed my TTC journal but I still come on PF as a number of my fellow long term trying to conceivers are currently pregnant and I enjoy following their stories. i'll hold out the faint hope that God might still grant me my miracle of a healthy baby but by accident (though as my hubby says I'm not someone who does stuff by accident so God will need to be a step ahead & get me pregnant on Week 1 or Week 4 of my cycle :) )

Wow, amazing stories Lulla & Papermoon! Its weird how people can keep having periods whilst pregnant.
And to be pregnant naturally at 47 is amazing! I had to come to terms with the fact that I got married too old (not through choice!) and my eggs were no good at 38 even though I look younger and am healthy, but I do believe God has a plan even though we might not understand it at the time.

Hi all,

My mum was 34 and my dad was 50. In fact, u can date me back to his 50th birthday :oooo:

I'm 38 now and should be grown up enough not to find that gross.....but I'm not!! ;)

Dad passed 3years ago now but mums still Hail and hearty and she reports that she just decided she wanted another baby (I have a brother 7yrs older than myself) and it just happened! Hoping some of that good luck will come my way!! :)

My mum and dad were 24 and 25 when they had me. My DD was conceived when I was 31 and all going well, this baby was conceived at 34.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back