Age of your parents when you were born

Clementine

Reaction score
Hi, not sure where to post this, I'm a long time TTC'er & I'm just wondering if the age of our parents when we were conceived goes on to effect our fertility / sperm / egg quality ?

Clementine
My Mum was 39 when I was conceived / My Dad was 37
My DH's Mum was 43 when he was conceived and his Dad was 37
(we both come from older parents)

My mum was 29 and my dad 30 it took them five years to conceive me. I conceived at 18 and now 24. I hope you get your little miracle soon xx

My mum was 22, she had 8 children and my grandmother had 15, I am thinking they used up all the fertility maybe, greedy guts.

Interesting theory. My mum was 31 and my dad 33, I'm the oldest and they had no problems with any of us. My husbands parents would have been 30 and 32 and he was the youngest. They had two children with no trouble, then a mc, then my husband.

I'm 35 this year and we started trying when I turned 31. My husband is 5 years older than me. Hope it isn't relevant as I don't want our children (if we have any) to have the same problems we have had!

My mum was only 26 and dad 35 but it took them 2-3 years to conceive so they were 23 and 32 when they started. They had multiple mc as well. They had started to think about adoption but then she fell pregnant with me and again quickly after with my sister.

They did not have many tests back then I think so not sure why it took them a while.. At least I know why it took us so long.

My mum and dad tried for 4 years to conceive me (they did have one early mc but my mum said she wouldn't have known if she didn't test early as it was just like a very heavy period). My mum got pregnant with me just before getting referred to the fertility clinic so I'm not sure what was wrong. She was 31 when she had me and my dad was 34. 3 years later, they had my sister.

My sister has just got pregnant after 18 months trying, including 6 months on clomid (not when she got pg though). She's 28 and her husband is the same age.

My mum is an only child so I'm not sure if my grandparents had trouble too or if it was their choice. My grandma never seemed like a particularly maternal woman but obviously they had my mum and it was seen as the norm to have children back then.

I mentioned to my mum that my periods were heavy and painful until I went on metformin - my mum said hers were the same, and my grandma's too. My grandma was one of two and that's not a lot either considering contraception wasn't really a thing in the 1920s!

My parents tried for 19 years to have me. Fertility appointments and failed IVF eventually led them to give up hope and try to adopt. Out of the blue mum fell pregnant when she was told she never could.

Mum was 36 and dad was 42 when I was born and I am still a massive daddys girl (I am 34 now) and think their age definitely made the bond stronger

I always wanted to be a young mum but life didnt let that happen so it looks like I might be the same age as mum was if I ever get my BFP

My mum was 24 & my dad 29.
DH's mum and dad were both closer to 30 but that was due to a previous loss. My MIL was super fertile lol

My mum was 38 when I was conceived. 39 when I was born.
My Dad was 39 when I was conceived, and 39 when I was born (I suspect I was a birthday baby!!)

OH dad was 38 when he was conceived, and 39 when OH was born.
OH mum was 39 when she conceived, and 40 when OH was born.

There are significant age gaps between us (both 30) and our older siblings. (12+ years), however we have both been told we were surprise babies!

We are expecting our first baby in 5 weeks, after TTC for only a short time.

My mum was 30 my dad was 29 and they tried for 5 years. I was 42 when I had my first BFP and my husband was 51. No one in my family looks or acts their age. I think staying young inside has a lot to do with it!

My mum was 34 and my dad 38. My hubbys mum was 19 and his dad 21 - total opposite ends :lol: xx

Very interesting theory ! I'm also very interested in the correlation between our mothers age of peri menopause/menopause and how that affects our fertility as well as the influence of birth control on fertility (when we take it and if our mothers took it too).

When I was born my mum was 21 and my dad was 22. I tried to have children with my previous partner when we were both 21. We tried for 3 years (6 months of which on clomid) no success. I am now nearly 30 , been with my current partner 4 years trying for 2 no success. My mum entered peri menopause aged 35 , I am her only child, by 42 she had reached menopause completely. My mum has told me that like many women she did take the pill for awhile but it took her 3 months off it to conceive.
I think that there is much more remaining to discover about the causes of infertility and hopefully with any luck some improved treatments too !

My birth parents were 16& 21 when I was conceived by accident, haha! My adoptive parents were both 33 when they got me but our family always had the knowledge that children are easy for some people to have and impossible for others. My sister was also an accident and conceived both her children after about 2 years when she was 32 & 38.

My mum and dad were both 28 (same age as me and I'm due on the same day my mum had my brother). DH's parents had fertility probs and had him late 30's x

My mum was 27 & my dad was 40 when I was born.... Seventeen years later while my mum thought she was going through the menopause they had a drunken fumble... And I now have an 8 year old sister- mum was 44 & my dad was 57 X

My mum was 23, (I'm the third child) and my dad was 26... im 23 and hubby will be 26 next month :/ maybe it'll be our month aha!
Although my mum had my little sister at the age of 43... I have a chance maybe x

My mum was 30, dad was 39 (I'm the youngest)

My mum was 24 and dad was 26 when I was born and no problems.

And I was 27 when I conceived after ttc for 2.5years.

OHs parents were 20's when they had him they had no problems conceiving. Oh was 35 when we conceived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back