Were you a bit more wreckless after your diagnosis?

LouiseB

Reaction score
This cycle i have been having sex in the run up to when i think OV might have happened and now with xmas coming up, i don't know what to do.

I normally drink alcohol very rarely but since the diagnosis, i have had a couple of glasses of wine maybe once per week and i was even tempted to get a bottle yesterday even though i'm in my 2ww.

I take loving the baby and doing what is best for it even before it is conceived pretty seriously, but now i'm starting to think that it's a bit farcical me even trying nevermind letting it control what i feel like doing.

Sitting around the table with a diet coke instead of a glass of wine... half the table thinking i'm pregnant and the other half wondering why i'm not having a drink when they know we can't get pregnant.

I know hubby will prob have a drink too.

How do you ladies deal with this situation - do you take ttc seriously still?

Good for you for not being too tempted to have a few glasses more. You are doing the right thing by refraining..... Whilst I was TTC I only would have maybe a glass or so when we went out to eat but nothing more, not even one on my birthday.... You can still be teetotal and enjoy yourself hey! Don't feel that you have to explain yourself for not drinking whilst out though, if you don't want a glass then don't have one.
Good luck

I don't drink anyway, very rare only when special events come up and if I feel like it...

I do have the odd occassion where I have a glass of wine in home, I supposed it aint going to harm you.

Have a good time x

We're having the month off seriously trying right now, we're just trying to relax and see how it goes but I'm having a similar dilemna. I don't know how much I should avoid drinking and things because I have an idea of when I'll be Oving & when I'm in the 2ww so I guess I'll try to avoid it, but I don't drink a huge amount anyway.

The one thing that I think is at the back of my mind is what if I got pregnant and then something went wrong? I know I'd totally blame myself for drinking or eating something I should've avoided. But on the other hand I have a relative who didn't stop drinking or smoking through pregnancy and she never had any problems so surely a couple of drinks during the 2ww won't hurt.

Sorry, this hasn't helped any, I'm basically in the same situation as you and just wishing someone would say "No! You mustn't drink!" or "It's fine, go ahead." So I didn't have to make the decision myself. :rolleyes:

You do what you feel is best but remember what happened after Starfish had a serious night out a couple of weeks ago.... ;)

Lxx

I don't think it would do any harm having the odd glass over xmas. In every cycle before this one, I've had the occasional single pint or small glass of wine during the 2ww. During the IVF though, I've not had a single drop since starting nearly 6 weeks ago. I've not really missed it either to be honest. Priority = baby :) Xx

I'm intending on carrying on as normal, me and o/h don't drink often but when we do we really go for it :shock: I doubt I'll be drinking much this Xmas anyway but in new year I'm intending to try to adapt to a generally more healthy lifestyle, for myself as much as any potential babies. I think it's important to be able to relax a bit and wine certainly helps with that. I'm sure a couple glasses over Xmas won't make any difference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back