Our IVF Clinics and Research.

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Morning girls

The last week or so hubby and I (along with my mum who loves a project and a good bit of research) have been going through the list of NHS clinics and hospitals that we get to chose from for our treament. I have been able to speak to women who have had treament at each clinic, read each brochure and I have viewed the success rates and the waiting lists for the initial consultation and treatment. This is what we found:-

1. Barts - London. Success rate 34% under age 37. One month for initial consultation and 16-18 weeks wait for treatment after the first apointment.

2. IVF Hammersmith - London. Success rate 38.9% under age 35. One month for initial consultation and 18 weeks to treament.

3. Bourne Hall - Cambridge (first ever clinic to be be successful with IVF in 1979). Success rate 39% under age 37. 2 week wait for initial consultation plus seminar day, then 2 further months for treatment.

4. Oxford Fertility Clinic - Oxford. Success rate 40% under age 37. One month for initial consultation and 6 weeks to treatment after that. If we get referred here we can chose to have our treatment at:

5. Herts and Essex Fertility Clinic. Success rate 52% under age 37. 2-3 week wait for initial consultation and can start tratment after my next bleed if there is a slot.

We also get the choice of Leicester Hospital, but that is too far.

We have decided to get the referal to Oxford so we can have the treatment at Herts and Essex. We looked at the travel to and from each clinic, the waiting times and what we felt was better for us as a couple.

We have decided not to get bogged down by succes rates. In fact I am not sure what they really mean as what they don't tell you is the % of people who have treatment with serious infertility problems (or the amount of people who go to each clinic, and we are under no illusion that the waiting times we have been given are accurate. We have both decided that if we say the Summer of 2012 for treatment then we will be happy with that. Anything sooner is a bonus. :)

I have to say all of the girls that I spoke to about their clinic above were pleased with their treatment.

I really hope we can get the ball rolling now that we have decided where to go. We have also booked a 9 day holiday in April in the meantime so we can try and forget about it for a while. We both agreed last night that we have done all that we can to have a baby, so IVF is probably going to be the next step. We never invisaged this, but we are happy that things can move on.

Love Gizzy xxxxx

I only had a brief read but my instinct would have been for Oxford and then the referral to Herts & Essex...

Yay!

Happy things are moving for you Giz

xxxxxxxxxxx

Have you visited the clinic Gizzy? I recommend that you do.

You'll know more from that moment that you walk through the door than you will from anything else. My first clinic just felt right and even though it didn't work out for me i wish that i was still there instead of having to chase the technologies xx

We are Lou, we have booked a visit for next week when Hubby is on half term. There is also a guest speaker (Kate Brian) there on 29th February which is when their next open evening is and we are booked for this. She wrote the book 'the complete guide to female fertility' I missed Marilyn Glenville (who's clinic I attended for the hair tests!!!!) who was there on 26th January! I am taking this a good sign!!!! I love meeting and discussing and leaning news things from anyone who is going through this.

Gizzy xxx

Great attitude GK, good for you. Wishing you all the luck in the world and a sneaky BFP before you even get there! xx

Thanks Girls, we are moving forward... and i am still positive it will happen for us.

Hapy weekend ladies.

Love Gizzy xx

Good luck with the IVF, and I also agree , great attitude - let us know how you get on X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back