Age of your parents when you were born

My mum was 19 - I was also a surprise!! She had irregular periods before me but went on to have 2 further surprise babies and no other issues.

I'm 32 and hubby is 42. Sometimes I feel like we've left it too late and he won't enjoy being an older dad but this thread makes me realise there's a lot more "older" dads out there than I thought! I guess I only think of when people have there first child and not when they have the last one - there's a bit difference in some cases!

Such an interesting thread. its almost like its went full circle, a lot of people my age (27) were getting pregnant at 18-21, my mum (and dad) were 33 when she had me and 37 when she had my brother. She said both times she had no problem at all and age was never a worry back then, she says we are all obsessed with being ticking fertility timebombs these days, probably accurate! However she also had regular as clockwork periods, she decided to have a baby and knew she was pregnant as soon as AF didn't show that day, she never even took tests. I am the total opposite and also have only recently found out her sister conceived my twin cousins through IVF so if there's any kind of pattern in my family I don't know what it is, and my dad was one of 17!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back