OH parents getting to me.

natashateale

Reaction score
So me and OH have been together for 5years and have a 3year daughter which we had when i was only 17, now at 20 and OH 22 we are trying for baby number2.
We havent told either parents that we are trying as we dont want the hassel of it all as its our desicion and both sets of parents are very opinionated!
His mum and dad are christians and they wer great with our 1st baby but they were abit disappointed we wernt married and now every time we go round they are always bring up "getting married"
It coursess problem between me and OH as we both think that they disaprove if we have another baby before getting married and also i hate goin round to his parents because of this and this also causes arguements with me and OH!
We both want another baby, we live together, we have ou DD and we are as good as married just with out that bit of paper and i think its dragging us both down knowing that his parents are putting this pressure on us.

:hugs: :hugs: I know how you feel, my OH's mum keeps making comments about when we're getting married and how it'll be so much easier if we get married next year with a baby rather than trying to do it the following year with a toddler. Why can't people just leave us all alone?!?!

Oh i know igetting married is not the be all and end all.
I think it would be nice with a toddler running around especially in the wedding pics :)

I know exactly what you mean! I want to be able to walk down the aisle with her (i don't have anyone else) but i don't want to have to carry her :lol: If only we could keep our OH's an get rid of the in-laws :lol:

getting married definitely isnt the be all and end all!

i wud do what ur doing, just ignore them and go along with it yeah yeah yeah then "surprise" lol!

do u really care if they approve??

xxx

Nik106 u are so right ditch the in-laws lol. I want there to be 4 of us when we get married in the pics. But i dont want my little girl to have a big age gap between her and a brother or sister.

Piglet- Haha that was funny with "suprise".

I dont care if they approve its just annoying that they go on about marriage. And neither does my OH he said its our life and if we want another baby before we get married then its our choice. He told his mum the other day we might not even get married (we will i know we will but we r aiming for 2013-14) but it shut her up about the subject that day but then yesterday she started all over again lol

My lot did this and I just got married! we were talking about it anyway but had a quiet registry office occasion with my son who was 10 weeks old.

Hey it werent the best day of my life and given a chance wish i hadnt bowed to pressure. But me and oh are very happy together and being married hasnt really made any difference to us.

I dont think getting married would make any differance to us as we aswell are very happy. We want to get married when we want to not when they want us to.

You're practically married anyway. What's a piece of paper going to change the way you live? :lol:

I would just say to them. You don't want to get married, why change something that doesn't need changing? I know my In-laws mentioned weddings alot when my now hubby joined the army & we had our first child. We did eventually get married but probably not for the main reason we should have!

That it i want me and OH to get married when its right and want to like u said hun whats a piece of paper going to change. At least i am not alone on this :)

i was 16 when me and my oh got together, he was 26, everyone disapproved. i had my eldest at 17, my second at 19 and now my third at 22. i dont care what anyone says to us, where happy, live together and work. i booked our wedding last year, because we got engaged on my 21st, at the register office for january this year. we where shocked at how cheap it was to get married at the register office, we didnt have a day do, just a night do and it turned out great. It even snowed so the photo's are great. we did it for us, people where invited if they wanted to come. we went disneyland on our honeymoon with kids and it was perfect.
we where together 5 years before we got married and it was completely our decision, dont let anyone rush you x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back