• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st Trimester Bumpy Pics!

buddabun said:
Emum how cute is your bump! :dance:

Elephants have a gestation of 22 months!!! Dolphins are 12m, our cat was about 9 or 10 weeks we reckon.

The thing that gets me is that SO many animals look exactly the same up until a certain point, so much so that a turtle is indistinguishable from a chicken which is indistinguishable from a human etc.

Even dolphins apparently develop embryonic lower limb buds which later disappear, a result of their land ancestry. That is mental!

I found this diagram, which I remember seeing a more detailed description of in an old embryology text of mine which I can't find. But it shows fish, salamander, tortoise, chicken, pig, cow, rabbit and human embryos and you can see on the top row they are pretty much exactly the same. :shock:

embryo-compare.jpg

There's a larger version of it here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... awings.jpg
So it's not even mammals who all look the same to start. Bloody reptiles and fish do too :lol:

wow that's really amazing :)

Any 1st trimesters bumps/bloating you's want to share :D

I'd love to post my bump pics up, but sadly at 5 weeks haven't got one yet. The 6 mincepies a day are helping though! :lol:

Anyone else want to start posting. I did take a pic on 5 weeks, will take one again at 6 weeks, so if there's a change I'll put them up!

Thats a really good way of seeing a progression, wear the same bottoms and we'll see the progression :)

Click the 'post reply' button and use the little paper clip icon ;)

Last edited:
bump 166.jpg

Here is me at 10 weeks - following my last thread "am i convincing myself its twins" You can see the top of my uterus clearly ends just before tummy button and I'm holding up any fat i can in this pic :shock: and all you can see is firm bump. Comments please!:dance:

oooo, not sure but definately a good looking bump :)

Yes I think big for 10 weeks, is this your first baby? Cos people say you get bigger quicker with subsequent pregnancies

Yes I think big for 10 weeks, is this your first baby? Cos people say you get bigger quicker with subsequent pregnancies

Its number 4! I have a boy and 2 girls - but this pregnancy has been so different, heightened symptoms, size etc that i am convinved there could be two in there. Having said that i remember showing a small bump at 10 wks last time - so i could just be hopping:lol:

woah, you're only one week further along than me! I don't have any evidence of a bump yet apart from puting my old work trousers on from pre-diet days! That surely can't just be one baby in there! Have you got a scan booked in yet?x

If it's number 4 I wouldn't go on the size of bump but if the MW thought your uterus was bigger that's a different matter :yay: I can't wait for your scan, could be our 1st twin announcement :yay:

That's a lovely bump hun :hug:

I saw th MW yesturday and she said there is no way that it is a 9 week uterus - but i am positive of my dates and had a negative test three days before my positive! Twins are in the family and i have found two heartbeats on either side of my uterus, but i am trying not to get too excited! The midwife didn't want to commit and just said i would have to wait for the scan which should be in the next two weeks - going to be a long wait i think!!!

If it's number 4 I wouldn't go on the size of bump but if the MW thought your uterus was bigger that's a different matter :yay: I can't wait for your scan, could be our 1st twin announcement :yay:

That's a lovely bump hun :hug:

I can feel it just under my tummy button and so could she, she loked a bit shocked. I believe with subsiquent pregnancies this would messure about 16 weeks. Anyway will have to wait:roll:

u must be so excited.....i hate the count down for scans it seems to take forever :(

I saw th MW yesturday and she said there is no way that it is a 9 week uterus - but i am positive of my dates and had a negative test three days before my positive! Twins are in the family and i have found two heartbeats on either side of my uterus, but i am trying not to get too excited! The midwife didn't want to commit and just said i would have to wait for the scan which should be in the next two weeks - going to be a long wait i think!!![/QUOTE

I'm jumping all over the place with this conversation! lol

I keep hoping that when I have my scan I will be further along than I thought, its like skipping a bit of the waiting time! Let us know when your scan is, Im quite excited for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back